Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: Square Ball on May 21, 2012, 04:13:57 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on May 21, 2012, 11:58:07 AM
Quote from: general on May 21, 2012, 11:28:13 AM
does anybody know are county players starred this weekend?

According to the original master fixture list they are.

do you think any players will be released?

The following players are been released to play for their Clubs on Friday Night in the ACFL

Ciaran Brannigan Bryansford

Niall Branagan Kilcoo

Owen Costello Bredagh

Shane Harrison Glasdrumman

Michael McAllister Clann na Banna

Gerard McCartan Burren

Declan Rooney Burren

Marcus Miskelly Darragh Cross

Damian Turley Downpatrick

Peter Turley Downpatrick

Ben O Reilly Loughinisland

Gerard McAnulty Liatroim

The Aristocrat Years

T O Hare

Quote from: thewobbler on May 22, 2012, 08:53:38 PM
Quote from: here comes 6 on May 22, 2012, 05:58:55 PM
Sean og has to be seen in someway doing something til earn his big wages

Sean Og doesn't bring proposals like this to the table - the clubs do. And it's the clubs that pass the frigging things. I doubt any administrator  in this world would bring the stress, confusion and madness of this upon themselves.

When this all happens next year, I'd happily wager that Kilcoo win 8 of their games by 12+ points. Bored clubs at the top end, unprepared for Championship ball, and demoralised teams at the bottom end, with players choosing to go to Oz and America just to get away from it. That's what's going to happen.

No disrespect to the RGU but they getting severe hidings this season and it is going to get worse. Six teams coming up next season will mean  a lot more one sided games  with poor attendances but apparently the clubs can gain money back through the championship and Kilcoo's Champions league proposals :) I was under the illusion that association football was banned in that area  ;)
I like the leagues at present and would like to see them kept !!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

umpire

In Downgaa website's fixtures list

Senior Football Championships

Thursday 7th June
Pairc Esler
Mayobridge v Shamrocks 7.00pm
Liatriom v Saval 8.30pm

Friday 8th June 
Mayobridge
Rostrevor v Clonduff 7.00pm

Saturday 9th June
St Patrick Park Newcastle
Loughinisland v Castlewellan 5.00pm
Burren v Kilclief 6.30pm

Sunday 10th June
Castlewellan
Downpatrick v Bryansford 2.30pm

Pairc Esler
Kilcoo v An Riocht 5.30
Longstone v Ballyholland 7.00pm

Is there a back door system this year?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: T O Hare on May 23, 2012, 06:47:52 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 22, 2012, 08:53:38 PM
Quote from: here comes 6 on May 22, 2012, 05:58:55 PM
Sean og has to be seen in someway doing something til earn his big wages

Sean Og doesn't bring proposals like this to the table - the clubs do. And it's the clubs that pass the frigging things. I doubt any administrator  in this world would bring the stress, confusion and madness of this upon themselves.

When this all happens next year, I'd happily wager that Kilcoo win 8 of their games by 12+ points. Bored clubs at the top end, unprepared for Championship ball, and demoralised teams at the bottom end, with players choosing to go to Oz and America just to get away from it. That's what's going to happen.

No disrespect to the RGU but they getting severe hidings this season and it is going to get worse. Six teams coming up next season will mean  a lot more one sided games  with poor attendances but apparently the clubs can gain money back through the championship and Kilcoo's Champions league proposals :) I was under the illusion that association football was banned in that area  ;)
I like the leagues at present and would like to see them kept !!
So do I. Next year will be a joke, the standard in division 1 at present is mediocre without adding 6 lesser teams.

here comes 6

yep but can anyone explain why the leagues are being changed and who made the purposal to do it? (dont say money reason because thats crap)

supersub

Quote from: umpire on May 23, 2012, 11:08:13 PM

Thursday 7th June
Pairc Esler
Liatriom v Saval 8.30pm

Friday 8th June 
Mayobridge

Saturday 9th June
Burren v Kilclief 6.30pm

Sunday 10th June
Castlewellan

Pairc Esler
Kilcoo v An Riocht 5.30

Yes

GAA_Talk

Quote from: umpire on May 23, 2012, 11:08:13 PM

Thursday 7th June
Pairc Esler
Liatriom v Saval 8.30pm

Friday 8th June 
Mayobridge

Saturday 9th June
Burren v Kilclief 6.30pm

Sunday 10th June
Castlewellan

Pairc Esler
Kilcoo v An Riocht 5.30

Surely these teams will organise to get this game a couple of hours early ;)

DownFanatic

I think a sub group was formed to look at our League and Championship structures. This was in response to a couple of suggestions that clubs had put forward for altering our system.

The sub group then presented their proposals and then the clubs voted in favour of these at county board level. It was the clubs that passed these through.

NedFlanders

Any Liatoim fellas on here that could possibly name me a team for tomorrow nights program?

umpire

Ballyholland 1.5 Mayobridge 2.12

SHEEDY

kilcoo beat clonduff 1-10 to 11pts. castlewellan beat b'ford. burren beat d'patrick
nil satis nisi optimum

redandblackareback

This board use to be very good for brief match reports etc on club games on a friday evening, nothing now  :(

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: redandblackareback on May 25, 2012, 10:17:06 PM
This board use to be very good for brief match reports etc on club games on a friday evening, nothing now  :(
Not much to report in Kilcoo v Clonduff game as it was a scrappy game dominated by packed defences.

DaisyCutter

Ventured down to the local derby game of Kilcoo and Clonduff.
Wasn't a bad game although some of the referring decisions were something to be desired for both sides.
Both teams were missing key players Kilcoo (Choc Brannigan, Laverty, Donal Kane, F McGreevy and Anthony Devlin) Clonduff (Aidan Carr, Arthur McC, Jason Brown, John Fegan, Darren O'Hagan). First half took a while to get going with both sides conceeding frees due to poor talking from both defenses. A couple of good moves from Kilcoo brought points towards the end of the half which were the highlight. Clonduff finished the half with another couple of frees to leave it Kilcoo 0-5 Clonduff 0-6 with 5 of the yellas scores coming from frees.
Second half was a better affair with good clean catching in the middle and a few big derby hits going in aswell. Tight affair throughout where the key moment of the game came when Jerome Johnston pulled led down half way through 2nd half, after a great save from the yellas keeper. Paul Devlin cooley dispatched the penalty.
Clonduff kept the pressure on with a few frees and a couple of quality scores from Conor Og O'Hagan and Finbarr McConville. Magpies replied with frees from Darragh O'Hanlon and the introduction of Donal Kane also made a big difference.

Final minutes were tense where the yellas couldn't get through for a goal opportunity, but the
magpies held out for a 1-10 to 0-11 win to leave them unbeaten this year.
Best for magpies were D O'Hanlon and J McClean. Best for yellas were C O'Hagan and John McPolin.

Leonardo

Daisycutter/ MDG - what did you make of the two big decisions in this game. I didnt get a good view of the penalty incident, but the "throw ball" at the end was a bad call??