Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDChief

Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on April 19, 2012, 04:31:16 AM
Some result that for Hilltown!

Speaking of results, that was some result for the Finn on Monday night.

alba2

Quote from: The Real Gael on April 19, 2012, 09:32:43 AM

dont make me laugh - Clonduff with a limited panel  ::) any club that can field 3 senior football teams and hurling doesnt have a limited panel. Will be interesting to see if Tony Wilson can cut it at the highest level, he was quite successful with Banbridge but this is a bigger test

Limited interms of quality not quantity.  And i bet if you check all these panels of players they are fielding - there is a serious crossover of players between both codes and on their seniors/seconds and seconds/thirds.

NedFlanders

With the Championship draw this evening, could the nature of competitiveness in Division 1  have a bearing on the Senior Championship, could there be a surprise winner this year perhaps? Although unlikely, it does cross the mind. Any other thoughts on the matter?

thewobbler

Ned, the SFC winner will be either Burren or Kilcoo. If Bryansford stay away from both until the final, they've a chance on the day. The rest of us are making up the numbers. League positions, revamping leagues, revamping championships, f**king with the system, whatever you call it, won't change this fact.

NedFlanders

Thats not a fore gone conclusion the Wobbler, far from it. With sketchy form, anything can happen!

supersub

Don't think it's quite as clear cut as that to be honest. Obviously the burren an kilcoo are the most likely, but injuries, suspensions, lack of form, mistakes, poor day out can all come into play in every game especially championship encounters. Just because burren walked it last year doesn't mean they will this year.

NedFlanders

My thoughts excatly SuperSub

Also, is there any Kilclief fellas on here that could possibly give me a team for tomorrow nights programme, tied your club but no answer or reply to emails, and nothing on the website either.? Any help greatly appreciated

GAA_Talk

Quote from: EDChief on April 19, 2012, 10:11:32 AM
Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on April 19, 2012, 04:31:16 AM
Some result that for Hilltown!

Speaking of results, that was some result for the Finn on Monday night.

Finn won handy enough on Monday night according to the papers. Can't remember the score.

Naomh Pol CLG

Not really.. We fielded 10 current minor players all of whom played senior on Friday night and beat An Rioct on Sunday and only 3 current senior level players. The minors where understandably knackared. A stag do, work commitments and a lack of commitment meant we scraped a team. Some folks need to take a long hard look at themselves!

DownFanatic

There is a new format for the JFC this year. There will be three groups of four teams. Each team gets three group games. Teams will not be seeded for the group stages. Each group winner plus the best runner up (decided by McKenna Cup rulings) will make the Semi Finals.

Teams in 2012 JFC include:

Drumaness
Mitchels
Teconnaught
Aughlisnafin
St Michaels
St Pauls
Dundrum
Bright
Killyleagh
Ballykinlar
Dromara
Aghaderg

Line Ball

Quote from: thewobbler on April 19, 2012, 12:31:28 PM
Ned, the SFC winner will be either Burren or Kilcoo. If Bryansford stay away from both until the final, they've a chance on the day. The rest of us are making up the numbers. League positions, revamping leagues, revamping championships, f**king with the system, whatever you call it, won't change this fact.

Can't see much beyond Burren or Kilcoo, some craic if they were pulled out together.  They'll probbaly do the old 'hot balls' 'cold balls' trick to avoid this   ::)

As for Bryansford, I can't see them making any headway this year.  They're an average side who had their chances to take Kilcoo over the last few years but just couldn't do it. 

No1

Watch out DF Killyleagh are back!!  Do you know why they aren't taking part in Division 4?

QuoteAlso, is there any Kilclief fellas on here that could possibly give me a team for tomorrow nights programme, tied your club but no answer or reply to emails, and nothing on the website either.? Any help greatly appreciated

Ned, website is banjaxed at the minute and I couldn't tell ya who the PRO is.  There is no chance you'll get even a squad list from the club for tomorrow night.  A very small squad has lost three of it's best players in the last week to pretty serious injuries.  I would say the phone calls are being made at the minute to recently retired players and the team won't be known until about half 6 tomorrow night.

If you want I can PM you a guess at a squad?

DownFanatic

Quote from: No1 on April 19, 2012, 06:08:28 PM
Watch out DF Killyleagh are back!!  Do you know why they aren't taking part in Division 4?

QuoteAlso, is there any Kilclief fellas on here that could possibly give me a team for tomorrow nights programme, tied your club but no answer or reply to emails, and nothing on the website either.? Any help greatly appreciated

Ned, website is banjaxed at the minute and I couldn't tell ya who the PRO is.  There is no chance you'll get even a squad list from the club for tomorrow night.  A very small squad has lost three of it's best players in the last week to pretty serious injuries.  I would say the phone calls are being made at the minute to recently retired players and the team won't be known until about half 6 tomorrow night.

If you want I can PM you a guess at a squad?

Think they are looking to get a year of challenge games and a bit of Championship football under their belt before they enter the ACFL structure next year. They aren't really positioned in a GAA hotbed but fair play to them they are trying to kickstart a revival.

Naomh Pol CLG

Good to see the Wolfe Tones back... Manys a ding dong battle was had down there!!

Square Ball

has it started on destination Newry yet? cant seem to get it
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid