Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

you wouldnt think these  teams were in the same league. Cork are destroying them. some confidence knocker this.

Square Ball

Quote from: snoopdog on February 12, 2012, 03:14:37 PM
you wouldnt think these  teams were in the same league. Cork are destroying them. some confidence knocker this.

whats the score now?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

cloneman

Quote from: Square Ball on February 12, 2012, 03:17:11 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on February 12, 2012, 03:14:37 PM

whats the score now?

4-11 to 0-8 i think. 5 mins left

snoopdog

4-11 to 0-08

How many times do Down have to be hammered by Cork.
McCartan has been destroyed and humiliated 3 times against Cork and still hasnt a clue what to do to defend against them. Maybe forget about your brother in the team for a start. Relegation is likely.
The Down fans that travelled to that game should be given their money back. disgrace.
Final score 4-11 to 0-10 according to Cork radio

supersub

FT 4-11 0-10

How come McCardle playing?

SHEEDY

totally embaressing. radio commentry couldnt believe how bad down were. defence needs a complete overhaul.
nil satis nisi optimum

Mourne Rover

It might be better to wait for those who were actually at the game to offer their views before engaging in recriminations, but there can be no doubt that this was a very damaging defeat. The scoreboard never lies, and it looks as though our defensive stategy must go back to the drawing board. Equally alarmingly, the radio commentary indicated a general lack of spirit and organisation in our ranks when the pressure was on. The only crumb of comfort is that we have a three-week break before the visit of Kerry.

whitegoodman

Quote from: snoopdog on February 12, 2012, 03:34:50 PM
4-11 to 0-08

McCartan has been destroyed and humiliated 3 times against Cork and still hasnt a clue what to do to defend against them. Maybe forget about your brother in the team for a start. Relegation is likely.
The Down fans that travelled to that game should be given their money back. disgrace.

Maybe we should wait until we hear from some supporters who were at the game before commenting on who should be dropped and who was a disgrace instead of taking a summary from a local cork radio station.

Paul, Leo, NP or any others that were unfortunate enough to make the trip, a detailed report as painful as it might be would be appreciated.

Agent Orange

We went to the Down game on the way back from the Kerry v Armagh game last night. Down were woeful. Daniel McCartan was lost at full back, too small, too slow. At fault for the first goal, had his back to the play and the ball came in over his head. Cork never looked back after that. The keeper had a shocker. Was caught in possession and left an open net. Cork had scored 2-4 without reply after Down scored the first 3 points.
Down were cleaned at midfield for long periods of the game and offered litle up front. Too small, too light and even Coulter was kept very quiet. McArdle of Burren who was supposed to be banned came on in the second half. We left with about 15 minutes to go and heard that Ambrose Rogers was being introduced. Down had only scored 7 points at that stage. Cork were out of sight long before that.

whitegoodman

McArdles ban was up in Croke Park this wk, he must have got it rescinded.

Ed Hardy

4-11 to 0-08

Catch a grip, far too easy to blame Dan for this defeat.. Obviously changes are needed but to single him out is a joke.

whitegoodman

According to Hoganstand Dan was taken off after 32 mins and replaced by Garvey, not sure if this was injury or tactical.

Ed Hardy

I listened to it on the radio, sounded tactical as they didnt mention an injury, but there were plenty of others that could have been taken off to..

snoopdog

Quote from: Ed Hardy on February 12, 2012, 06:42:54 PM
4-11 to 0-08

its`` my opinion

Catch a grip, far too easy to blame Dan for this defeat.. Obviously changes are needed but to single him out is a joke.

snoopdog

Quote from: snoopdog on February 12, 2012, 07:53:21 PM
Quote from: Ed Hardy on February 12, 2012, 06:42:54 PM
4-11 to 0-08

its`` my opinion

sorry my 13 month old got to the laptop and must have sent that through. Its just my opinion of a player that i have rarely had any faith in and according to radio reports was at fault for first goal. I wouldnt say too many on here have confidence in him.
But cant blame him on everything, the team were poor,   Wee james doesnt seem to learn anything from these hidings and again thats my opinion. Big strong athletic teams run through Down and i know we still have a lot of injuries and things may change as its only feb. But a hiding like that cant be any good for a squad. to concede 4 goals is terrible. I didnt expect anything from this game but i thought we might have kept it respectable. Its really no wonder the press dont give us any consideration.
iHopefully O'Rourke will be able to do enough with that defence to keep us up and get us to an Ulster Final