Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Dispute is nothing to do with football as far as I am aware and it is just unfortunate an incident has had an effect on their willingness to play for their club. Don't want to get into details of it as I am not starting a debate on whether it is right or wrong. It is their choice and if I were them I would feel the same.

Square Ball

anyone know who make the senior hurling squad? I think the trials were last week and havnt heard a thing about them
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

DaisyCutter

Full time Result in U21A Semi Final: Bryansford 0-9 Kilcoo 2-3:

Just back from a bruising game in St. Johns where Bford left that one behind. Played in front of large crowd, B ford Dominated the game in terms of possession in the middle of park but could not just convert their chances into scores. In terms of Kilcoo, they lived on scrapes of possession the whole 60 mins, where they scored a goal in the first minute and didn't score again until 11 mins into the second half.
A very difficult game to referee in fairness to Neil Cousins as on occasions the games spilled over into brawls in the first period with no red cards issued, but imo i think he done ok.

Both sides are being managed by Peter McGrath and Jim McCorry respectively. The second period was a more open affair with Bryansford 2 points going into injury time. A Ryan Johnston goal put Kilcoo 1 point up and it took a fantastic free kick from Danny Savage 3 mins into injury time to level the sides. It makes for a great replay (likely next sunday due to Kilcoo Seniors in the Division One Final).

Best for Bryansford were D Savage, N Murry and C Clarke.
Best for Kilcoo were Darragh O'Hanlon and Ryan Johnston who scored 2 goals.

Burren and Mayobridge U21 semi final this wednesady night. Venue and time to be confirmed.

No1

Kilclief promoted as Div 3 champions. Beat Carryduff by 6 or 7 in the league final at Bright today.

5 Sams

Not a bad season at all kid. Congrats :D
The Aristocrat Years

DownFanatic

My Division 3 team of the year: (Excluding McComiskey (Dundrum), McAreavey (Tullylish) and Magee (Ardglass) who are the three best players in the Division.

1. Eamon King (Dundrum)

2. Declan Doherty (Carryduff)
3. Liam Woods (Kilclief)
4. Niall Hynds (Kilclief)

5. Aidan McCann (Kilclief)
6. Stephen Clarke (Glenn)
7. Ryan Kerr (Kilclief)

8. Martin Trainor (Atticall)
9. Chris Duggan (Bosco)

10. Niall McParland (Glenn)
11. Marcus Miskelly (Darragh Cross)
12. Liam Mullan (Ardglass)

13. Ciaran Sloan (Kilclief)
14. Raymond Magorrian (Glasdrumman)
15. Ricky Kerr (Kilclief)

No1

DF, I would have to disagree. Biased and all as I am, Ciaran Sloan was the best player in Division 3 this year.

DownFanatic

Quote from: No1 on December 04, 2011, 05:51:56 PM
DF, I would have to disagree. Biased and all as I am, Ciaran Sloan was the best player in Division 3 this year.

The three I mentioned have been the best three players in the Division over the past few years and thus I excluded them. I suppose you can add Ciaran Sloan to that list too. Best player in the Division this year.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: DaisyCutter on December 04, 2011, 02:33:48 PM
Full time Result in U21A Semi Final: Bryansford 0-9 Kilcoo 2-3:

Just back from a bruising game in St. Johns where Bford left that one behind. Played in front of large crowd, B ford Dominated the game in terms of possession in the middle of park but could not just convert their chances into scores. In terms of Kilcoo, they lived on scrapes of possession the whole 60 mins, where they scored a goal in the first minute and didn't score again until 11 mins into the second half.
A very difficult game to referee in fairness to Neil Cousins as on occasions the games spilled over into brawls in the first period with no red cards issued, but imo i think he done ok.

Both sides are being managed by Peter McGrath and Jim McCorry respectively. The second period was a more open affair with Bryansford 2 points going into injury time. A Ryan Johnston goal put Kilcoo 1 point up and it took a fantastic free kick from Danny Savage 3 mins into injury time to level the sides. It makes for a great replay (likely next sunday due to Kilcoo Seniors in the Division One Final).

Best for Bryansford were D Savage, N Murry and C Clarke.
Best for Kilcoo were Darragh O'Hanlon and Ryan Johnston who scored 2 goals.

Burren and Mayobridge U21 semi final this wednesady night. Venue and time to be confirmed.

Good summary of todays game Diasycutter, the final score actually read 0-11 to 2-5.
Bryansford will feel they left this one behind and i have to say we got out of jail scoring a cracking goal in the last minute. Loosing James McClean to a torn hamstring in the first half left us without our main midfielder and we badly struggled in this sector where Chris Clarke gave a man of the match performance, an excellent footballer imo. James will be a major loss for the replay. Getting the draw playing so badly and having the character to come from 5 points down to go one ahead where positives we can take out of our poorest display of the campaign.
While the ford got big games from Clarke, Savage, Murray and McKibbin, who was very fortunate not to see a red card, Kilcoo didnt get the best out of thier main men, Paul Devlin, Barry Kane and Jerome Johnston so we would expect more from these trio in the replay and an improved overall team display.

dundrumite

Best player I seen was Marcus Miskelly. Yeah Eamon King had an excellent year for us. Not sure the standard of keepers in Down Under 21s this year but he's def worth a shot.

johnneycool

He'd want to be a better footballer than painter is all i'll add.

alba2

Quote from: dundrumite on December 04, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Best player I seen was Marcus Miskelly. Yeah Eamon King had an excellent year for us. Not sure the standard of keepers in Down Under 21s this year but he's def worth a shot.

Yeah Marcus has had a great campaign and i believe is going well with the county at present in few challenge games they played against university teams etc.
You forgot to mention a couple of players i feel impressed this year - frank o'Neill from Glasdrumman in full back - Mc Comiskey didn score on him once this season nor did miskelly. Connaire Harison from the same club even though he has discipline problems - but the pick from that club - apart from magorrian - would have to be Shane Harrison. Young minor lad played well for the county this year and for his tender years dominated midfield in many many club games.
That other lad from Tullylish who played in midfield for them - tall lad with blonde hair - duno his name - had quite a season.  He was being touted for the county at one stage... Surely Tullylish have merited at least one player on the team apart form John - they did get promoted as well as Kilclief like.  There are more teams in that division than Kilclief.......

dundrumite

Quote from: alba2 on December 04, 2011, 11:43:13 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on December 04, 2011, 09:10:59 PM

Yeah Marcus has had a great campaign and i believe is going well with the county at present in few challenge games they played against university teams etc.
You forgot to mention a couple of players i feel impressed this year - frank o'Neill from Glasdrumman in full back - Mc Comiskey didn score on him once this season nor did miskelly. Connaire Harison from the same club even though he has discipline problems - but the pick from that club - apart from magorrian - would have to be Shane Harrison. Young minor lad played well for the county this year and for his tender years dominated midfield in many many club games.
That other lad from Tullylish who played in midfield for them - tall lad with blonde hair - duno his name - had quite a season.  He was being touted for the county at one stage... Surely Tullylish have merited at least one player on the team apart form John - they did get promoted as well as Kilclief like.  There are more teams in that division than Kilclief.......

Full of faux pas here, if you check our website you will find Paul got 2 points from play in Dundrum and 0-4 from play in Glasdrumman. Yes however Frank is a very good player. Gareth Johnson is his name and Tullylish didn't get promoted, Carryduff did.

DaisyCutter

My Apologies about the final score from todays U21 semi final. Thanks for keeping me right Mid DownGael. A great and fair analysis from yourself aswell.

Ill hopefully get up to Newry tomorrow evening, which should be a fascinating Div1 league semi final between Mayobridge and Burren, especially as its been almost 11 WEEKS since the Bridges last competitve fixture. Im also lead to believe that the Bridge will be minus Coulter and Garvey due to injury.

Dulaney

Quote from: DaisyCutter on December 05, 2011, 12:02:45 AM
My Apologies about the final score from todays U21 semi final. Thanks for keeping me right Mid DownGael. A great and fair analysis from yourself aswell.

Ill hopefully get up to Newry tomorrow evening, which should be a fascinating Div1 league semi final between Mayobridge and Burren, especially as its been almost 11 WEEKS since the Bridges last competitve fixture. Im also lead to believe that the Bridge will be minus Coulter and Garvey due to injury.
You've been lead astray, as far as i know both are fit to play Daisycutter.