Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Down Mad

Congratulations to Kilclief on their Intermediate championship win. Looks like a long winter for them with league games still to play and an Ulster Championship run. Also a long wait for other teams in the 3rd Division. Hopefully the County Board will take lessons from this year and learn for next year!!

DvM1991

Quote from: DvM1991 on October 20, 2011, 08:47:12 AM
To launch our Talk Night in Bryansford GAC this Saturday Night Peter McGrath will be interviewed today on U105FM by Frank Mitchell (McClorey). On air after 10am.
Panel on Saturday Night is confirmed as Bernard Flynn, Colm O'Rourke, Eamonn Burns, Ross Carr and Peter McGrath with MC Mark Sidebottom.
It is anticipated all the Down Players will be attending.
Show to commence at 8pm.

This will now take place tomorrow - Frank ran out of air time!

NP 76

I see the league fixtures are out for next year home to Donegal , Kerry and Dublin . Away to Armagh , Laois , Mayo and Cork

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: NP 76 on October 20, 2011, 05:54:51 PM
I see the league fixtures are out for next year home to Donegal , Kerry and Dublin . Away to Armagh , Laois , Mayo and Cork

NFL fixtures 2012

Round 1

February 4th: Laois v Mayo, Down v Donegal, Dublin v Kerry

February 5th: Armagh v Cork

Round 2

February 11th: Mayo v Dublin

February 12th: Donegal v Laois, Kerry v Armagh, Cork v Down

Round 3

March 3rd: Laois v Dublin

March 4th: Armagh v Mayo, Donegal v Cork, Down v Kerry

Round 4

March 10th: Cork v Laois

March 11th: Mayo v Down, Kerry v Donegal, Dublin v Armagh

Round 5

March 18th: Donegal v Mayo, Laois v Armagh,  Down v Dublin, Cork v Kerry

Round 6

March 24th: Armagh v Down, Dublin v Donegal

March 25th: Mayo v Cork, Kerry v Laois

Round 7

April 8th: Donegal v Armagh, Laois v Down, Kerry v Mayo, Cork v Dublin

NP 76

Thanks MDG i would be all night typing all that out not to far to travel castlebar good craic last year

ardtole

Will the losers of Saul and drumaness in the div 4 title decider play in the JFC next season due to Bredagh winning this years JFC but failing to get promoted.

Mourne Rover

It looks as though we have been stitched up over the NFL fixtures, which are presumably subject to confirmation, and there is a good case for a strong complaint from the county board. We had three home games and four away last year in division one, and the usual understanding is that - assuming you stay up - it should be the other way round next time.

Not only have we again got four away matches, but we also have to make the huge trips to Cork and Mayo for the second consecutive season. Fair play suggests that both those ties should have been at home, along with those against Dublin and Kerry games. We would then have been happy to travel to Donegal, Armagh and Laois.

These things admittedly need a little sorting out, but a single league point - which is very difficult to get on the road in the top division - would make a huge difference between avoiding relegation and even making the NFL play-offs. It is well worth challenging these proposals.

DownFanatic

Quote from: ardtole on October 20, 2011, 10:56:03 PM
Will the losers of Saul and drumaness in the div 4 title decider play in the JFC next season due to Bredagh winning this years JFC but failing to get promoted.

Yes. Was working that out myself and I think the losers will be in the JFC next year. In my opinion both Saul and Drumaness will struggle in Division 3 next year.

5 Sams

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on October 20, 2011, 07:21:13 PM
Quote from: NP 76 on October 20, 2011, 05:54:51 PM

NFL fixtures 2012

Round 1

February 4th: Laois v Mayo, Down v Donegal, Dublin v Kerry

February 5th: Armagh v Cork

Round 2

February 11th: Mayo v Dublin

February 12th: Donegal v Laois, Kerry v Armagh, Cork v Down

Round 3

March 3rd: Laois v Dublin

March 4th: Armagh v Mayo, Donegal v Cork, Down v Kerry

Round 4

March 10th: Cork v Laois

March 11th: Mayo v Down, Kerry v Donegal, Dublin v Armagh

Round 5

March 18th: Donegal v Mayo, Laois v Armagh,  Down v Dublin, Cork v Kerry

Round 6

March 24th: Armagh v Down, Dublin v Donegal

March 25th: Mayo v Cork, Kerry v Laois

Round 7

April 8th: Donegal v Armagh, Laois v Down, Kerry v Mayo, Cork v Dublin

When's the last time we played Kerry & Dublin at home in the league in the same year.
The Aristocrat Years

ardtole

Quote from: DownFanatic on October 20, 2011, 11:47:02 PM

Yes. Was working that out myself and I think the losers will be in the JFC next year. In my opinion both Saul and Drumaness will struggle in Division 3 next year.

I definitely think Drumaness will struggle next year. I also think that Saul getting relegated last year was a blessing in disguise, they seem to have brought a few young lads through and a year of winning games in div 4 will probably bring them on more than getting hammered week after week in div 3.

PAULD123

Quote from: Mourne Rover on October 20, 2011, 11:19:43 PM
It looks as though we have been stitched up over the NFL fixtures, which are presumably subject to confirmation, and there is a good case for a strong complaint from the county board. We had three home games and four away last year in division one, and the usual understanding is that - assuming you stay up - it should be the other way round next time......

I agree totally the county board should complain. Sure I can accept a new draw every two years but at least the number of home games should be reversed. Dublin, Mayo & Armagh all have 3 home fixtures after last year's 4, Cork and Kerry have 4 home after last year's 3. It is only Down that has been stitched up. 

What really annoys me is that this could so simply be sorted by switching just a one fixture. Switch Laois vs Down and that sorts it out. Donegal (with 4 home) and Laois (3 homes) have to accept their list as they are new, like we were last year.

ardtole

Quote from: DownFanatic on October 20, 2011, 11:47:02 PM

Whatever about Saul and drumaness struggling in div 3 next year, the 2 teams that eventually get promoted from div 3 this year could well struggle next season. I see Drumgath who won div 3 last year only got 4 points this season, there seems to be a signifigant gap developing between the 2 divisions.

bridgegael

when is the div2 relegation match?
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

norabeag

5 Sams

I hear Down have another Hogan Cup winning captain training with them at the minute :o
The Aristocrat Years