Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Down Gael

Clonduff have to beat Burren in the one remaining game to aviod automatic relegation. If they dont Rostrevor will play Kingdom in relegation playoff. If Clonduff happen to beat Burren rostrevor will be automatically relegated and it will likely leave a playoff between Kingdom v Longstone, with Clonduff having better scoring average than Longstone.

blueannavy

Burren could really disappoint the yellas in their last 2 games !!

dundrumite

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on October 08, 2011, 05:38:32 PM
Clonduff have to beat Burren in the one remaining game to aviod automatic relegation. If they dont Rostrevor will play Kingdom in relegation playoff. If Clonduff happen to beat Burren rostrevor will be automatically relegated and it will likely leave a playoff between Kingdom v Longstone, with Clonduff having better scoring average than Longstone.
Does it not go head to head?

Leonardo

Does the head to head fixtures apply - i see that ballymartin and clan na banna have same points but ballymartin have one point better scoring. Who joins annaclone in the playoff?

DownFanatic

Division 3 Results
St Johns  2-10 2-12 Tullylish   
Atticall  - - St John Bosco     
Dundrum  1-5 1-15 Kilclief     
Mitchels  0-10 5-16 Glasdrumman   
Ardglass  3-12 3-8 Glenn 
Carryduff  v  Darragh Cross  - Tomorrow

DownFanatic

"Where teams finish on equal points, finishing positions shall be decided by the following means and in the order specified: (i) Where two Teams only are involved - the outcome of the meetings of the two teams in the previous games in the Competition i.e. the combined scores of the two games; (ii) Scoring Difference (Subtracting the total Scores Against from the total Scores For); (iii) Highest Total Score For; (iv) A Play-Off."

Regardless of score difference it will be Ballymartin and Annaclone in the relegation playoff. Clann na Banna have beaten Ballymartin twice in the League this year.

Leonardo

Thanks DF. That will be tough on Johnny Mc Comiskey after managing Ballymartin for a few years!!

DownFanatic

Quote from: Leonardo on October 08, 2011, 07:11:11 PM
Thanks DF. That will be tough on Johnny Mc Comiskey after managing Ballymartin for a few years!!

Id say it has been nearly 15 odd years since either Annaclone or Ballymartin have been in Division 3.

Oglach

Thats an interesting situation at the wrong end of Division 1. Clonduff's fate depends on their game with Burren and if my memory serves me correctly Clonduff refused to applaude Burren on to the field after the latter's championship success last year breaking a respectful tradition.
It could make it a fiesty one. I expect Burren to win championship and Clonduff to beat them in the league.

conormac

So if the yella's beat burren in the last game that leaves kingdom and rostrevor on 13 points.  As stated above that means Kingdom would go down automatically as rostrevor have taken 3 points of us this year.  Is this correct?  Harsh considering we have a better scoring difference albeit by only 1 point.

weebob

(oglach) if thats right about the yellas not applauding burren on to the field this year, well id say thats all the burren management will need to tell the lads  and clonduff will be playing div 2 football next year , but i dont think they would even have to mention it .

umpire

Longstone with worst score different will be staying up in Div one for another year.

1.   If Clonduff lose to Burren,
Play off; Rostevor v An Riocht
Div 2; Clonduff 

2.   If Clonduff drew,
Play off; Rostrevor v An Riocht
Div 2; Clonduff

Score difference come in operation.
Clonduff, Rostrevor and An Riocht all on 13 point but Clonduff go down to with poorest score difference.

3.   If Clonduff win
Div 2; An Riocht
Play off; Clonduff v Rostrevor

Clonduff finished level on 14 points with Longsone but with head to head. Longstone have better combine total score
Longstone 1.13 Clonduff  2.7
Clonduff 0.10 Longstone 1.6
Combine total Longstone 2.19 Clonduff 2.17

Rostrevor and An Riocht finished on 13 points, then head to head,
An Riocht 0.10 Rostrevor 0.10
Rostrevor 0.13  An Riocht 1.8
Combine total Rostrevor 0.23 An Riocht 1.18

conormac

Cheers umpire.  Makes total sense now!!!!!! Total confusion on my behalf.  At the end of the day we could do with Burren beating clonduff.

On The Side

maybe surprise that ballyhond and saval where almost safe a weeks ago?

NP 76

Quote from: On The Side on October 08, 2011, 09:13:14 PM
maybe surprise that ballyhond and saval where almost safe a weeks ago?
Why ?? both safe a month ago]