Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleLord

I remember our u21 footballers being put out in the firs tround by Fermangh in 2007 too. Bit of a bogey team they are..

ApresMatch

Quote from: thewobbler on October 07, 2011, 01:17:02 PM
Every year for two decades (apart from a the first round Tyrone games in the early noughties) I've looked at the draw and saw a clear Down path to the final. I'm not falling into the trap this time. Fermanagh will probably dig Darren Carson out of wherever he went to, and he'll put in another MOTM performance.

Think its Ryan Carson AKA Blobby

DownFanatic

Quote from: EagleLord on October 07, 2011, 01:24:57 PM
I remember our u21 footballers being put out in the firs tround by Fermangh in 2007 too. Bit of a bogey team they are..

I remember that game. We had a seriously talented bunch of players that year too.

No1

Has there been some sort of collective memory loss?  Does nobody remember the hiding Cork gave us last year?  Has everyone also forgotten our last championship game in Brewster Park?  Talk of an Ulster Final is madness at this stage.

Looks like Kilclief's Ricky Kerr is going to miss the IFC final, he wrecked his ankle playing the foreign game last week.

Oh and Wobbler we didn't meet a crack outfit in the Ulster club hurling championship, we were just shite!

DownFanatic

Quote from: No1 on October 07, 2011, 11:14:25 PM
Has there been some sort of collective memory loss?  Does nobody remember the hiding Cork gave us last year?  Has everyone also forgotten our last championship game in Brewster Park?  Talk of an Ulster Final is madness at this stage.

Looks like Kilclief's Ricky Kerr is going to miss the IFC final, he wrecked his ankle playing the foreign game last week.

Oh and Wobbler we didn't meet a crack outfit in the Ulster club hurling championship, we were just shite!

Seen that he went off injured for Ardglass in the groundball last Saturday. That's a serious blow. Probably one of the best forwards in the IFC this year.

whitegoodman

Fermanagh are in the worst 5 teams in the country with possibly the worst manager in the country so if Down dont go down there and win by at least 6 points there is something seriously wrong.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: whitegoodman on October 08, 2011, 07:51:47 AM

Fermanagh are in the worst 5 teams in the country with possibly the worst manager in the country so if Down dont go down there and win by at least 6 points there is something seriously wrong.
Fermanagh hit rock bottom this year, so I can only see them improving. (Providing they get a new manager). If your man stays then Down should win with their dicks out.

whitegoodman

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 08, 2011, 08:12:11 AM
Quote from: whitegoodman on October 08, 2011, 07:51:47 AM

Fermanagh hit rock bottom this year, so I can only see them improving. (Providing they get a new manager). If your man stays then Down should win with their dicks out.

:D

GAA_Talk

Quote from: DownFanatic on October 07, 2011, 11:38:58 PM

Seen that he went off injured for Ardglass in the groundball last Saturday. That's a serious blow. Probably one of the best forwards in the IFC this year.

Big loss to Kilclief although I still think they will have enough fire power to overcome Ballymartin. 

Mid Down Gael

ACFL Division 1

Kilcoo beat Ballyholland 0-13 to 1-7 in a rather meaningless game.

marsbarkid

Anybody heading to the minor + junior finals in newry 2moro? Credit where credit's due the Down Recorder actually done quite a decent preview of the junior final this week!

blueannavy

Kingdom beat bridge by a point ! Any word on stone game ?

Mid Down Gael

Longstone  0-10 vs 0-8 Rostrevor 

bridgegael

wat way does that leave it at the bottom now?
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

blueannavy

Cheers mdg ! What way does that leave the relegation spots now ?