Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

The Down ACFL Division 3 match between Saul and Teconnaught was abandoned tonight in Annacloy. From what I hear the referee (Mark Lynch) walked off the pitch five minutes from the end after receiving a torrent of abuse.

Btw, I totally agree with Cloc Mor. Every talented young player in our game should be allowed the chance to go Stateside. Its a great sporting experience and most importantly its an excellent personal learning curve.

Square Ball

what was the score when it was abandoned? will the score stand? whats the normal procedures with this?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

turkey+ham

Mark Lynch walked five minutes from the end after receiving a torrent of abuse from the teconnaught sideline. He had just dismissed a teconnaught player with a second yellow for a deliberate kick. He made some very poor decisions for both teams during the match, often because he was too far away from the action and it was getting dark very quickly. Saul were four points up at the time and seemed as if they were just threatening to pull away.
It will be interesting to hear what he puts in his report.
Another instance of very poor refereeing in this division. After the St Paul's/Bredagh debacle, surely it is time for the county board to look into the problem of incompetent officials in Down. It is turning a lot of players away from the game and i think it also contributes to the current problems with our county defenders. They can get away with poor marking, tackles, etc in the club games, but are then found wanting at inter county level.

Whitehair

ACHL Div1
Newry Shamrocks 1.13 Ballela 2.9

Poor conditions first half, Newry led 1.6 to 0.2 at half time. Its not sour grapes here but we honestly query the referees score keeping, a substitute came on with ten minutes to go, who i was marking and he said we(Ballela) were a point up, other players were of the same view. This led Shamrocks to change players about in an effort to gain level, last ten minutes both teams scored 3 points a piece. Maybe its was just ourselves and Shamrocks had poor score keeping! :-\ We had Jonny Mc Cusker, our best forward in nets until the last 10 through injury, for Shamrocks Eoin Mc Guinness went off after 10min with a wee nick to the forehead. Reason for optimism in the camp though, even if we only gathered 15 players late in the day.

Lecale2

Keep her lit whitehair. You have a few good young fellas coming through.

No1

Saval beat Kilclief by a point last night.  Kilclief also drew with Darragh Cross on Monday past.

S*ul involved in an abandoned match?  Desperate, they should be thrown out of the league, pitch closed, changing rooms bulldozed and fined a hundred grand.

passedit

Are there many games off tonight?  Is it still pissing down?
Don't Panic

amallon

Laitroim v Mayobridge is changed to Mayobridge v Laitroim duno what the problem is with Laitroims pitch.  If this rain keeps up our pitch might not take the game either.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

uselessfootballer

Bredagh's game is off, the council have closed the pitches over the w/e

amallon

Is it still raining up there lads? 

Div One
Longstone v Atticall  verdic Stone
Kilcoo v Bryansford verdic Kilcoo
Liatroim v Mayobridge verdic Bridge
Castlewellan v Burren verdic Casltewellan
Rostrevor v Loughinisland verdic Rostrevor
Clonduff v An Riocht verdic Clonduff
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Square Ball

Just light showers between the heavy rain. any other games off about the county besades Bredagh?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

TORGAEL

ACFL DIV3

DRUMGATH 2-12      ST.PAULS 0-7

A closer game than the scoreline reads.Only a couple of points in it with ten mins to go.

cloneman

Annaclone 2-11 Ballyholland 0-9

Another great performance from the Clone, especially in the defence which kept Murtagh and Murphy pretty quiet for the whole game.  I just hope we can keep our recent form going into the business end of the season.

GRASSEYBANK

Quote from: cloneman on June 15, 2007, 09:26:22 PM
Annaclone 2-11 Ballyholland 0-9

Another great performance from the Clone, especially in the defence which kept Murtagh and Murphy pretty quiet for the whole game.  I just hope we can keep our recent form going into the business end of the season.

Have to agree Annaclone played some good football in touch conditions and deserved their win tonight.  Defence was excellent and marshalled Ballyholland attack really well.

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 3

Bosco 4-09  Dundrum 0-12

Two defeats in a row now after losing to Saul and now Bosco. Its a bad patch that we are going to have to work through.