Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downjim

5 Sams

Quote from: No1 on September 22, 2011, 10:04:48 PM
Is the club open or will McCoy's be the best spot for post semi final pints?!   Obviously there will be no-one at the club if youse are playing at Mayobridge!  ;D     McCoy's it is then.

McCoys is the best spot...good luck on Saturday!!
The Aristocrat Years

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

NP 76

Any word that Martin Clarke has signed for Collingwood agin . Heard that today any truth ?

bcarrier

This is an old link but Collingwood dont have rights on him anymore. GWS the new club ( where Kennelly is rumoured to be heading) have first call through draft.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/several-clubs-keen-on-irishman-clarke-20110803-1ibnq.html

more here
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?s=ad01e0dbe4d027eb4041e43ac98a2f6b&t=821250&page=19

Leo

You know, our fixation with Aussie Rules is boring beyond belief. In the same way we embrace the bastard "international rules"!!!!
One or two players may catch their eye from time to time. Why should we be interersted or concerned?

Far more of our best players head off to the dizzy heights of Glenavon, Newry City (God help us), or  even Kilmarnock/St Mirren/silly Scottish nonentity (now there's an ambition) than ever get a wet winter in Australia.

A few quid for making your hobby a full-time meal ticket is always going to be an attractio. However I do like the loyalty gene that Mooney seems to have in coming home for the championship (one that the Reds have no hope of winning) Fiar play to him and the club.

I wish him well - but I suspect that already he has learned that Aussie rules - like Aussie roads - are not paved with gold.
Fierce tame altogether

NP 76

Leo the fact that our future half forward line almost  all ply their trade in oz is a worry for us in Down when we all ready have a small enough pick . Mooney would be home at this time any way no matter how well they have advanced in the championship nothing to do with Loyalty to the cause . If this was the case he would of played all year for Rostrevor seniors and not a few cameos just before he played for Down

supersub

Quote from: Leo on September 23, 2011, 11:56:10 PM
You know, our fixation with Aussie Rules is boring beyond belief. In the same way we embrace the b**tard "international rules"!!!!
One or two players may catch their eye from time to time. Why should we be interersted or concerned?

Far more of our best players head off to the dizzy heights of Glenavon, Newry City (God help us), or  even Kilmarnock/St Mirren/silly Scottish nonentity (now there's an ambition) than ever get a wet winter in Australia.

A few quid for making your hobby a full-time meal ticket is always going to be an attractio. However I do like the loyalty gene that Mooney seems to have in coming home for the championship (one that the Reds have no hope of winning) Fiar play to him and the club.

I wish him well - but I suspect that already he has learned that Aussie rules - like Aussie roads - are not paved with gold.

I forgot that one of Kilcoo Clonduff or Burren were invincible.. Idiot.

Also he was for coming home anyway so get your facts right.

Square Ball

ht in the first jfc semi bright 1-6 dromara 0-10
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

In the Onion Bag

Square Ball

Square Ball

2-9 to 1-15 droma up, 4 mins to go

Square Ball

In the Onion Bag

Good result for Dromara.  I had Bright as favourites for that one.  Wonder who they will get in the final?

DownFanatic

Well done Dromara! 21 years since they lifted the IFC. Possibly their first Championship Final since then?