Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauly2

[
Can't forget the ladies winning their championship too!!
[/quote]

Sorry completley forgot their ladies annexed the intermediate championship. Yes i agree that Kilcoo are competing at quite a few levels this year as well - but rostrevor are that little bit ahead at this stage imo. 

dundrumite

Quote from: here comes 6 on September 18, 2011, 09:08:16 AM
Quote from: dundrumite on September 17, 2011, 06:34:08 PM
Bisco 2-12 Dundrum 0-10.
Also I See the ford beat the town by a point in the kilmacud 7s final the day.
Yous seem to be more worried about the championshipthan the league?  A league win or two would be more important??
Nonsense, you think we want to be playing division 4?? Attributing that defeat to being more interested in the championship is way off the mark.

DownFanatic

Quote from: here comes 6 on September 18, 2011, 09:08:16 AM
Quote from: dundrumite on September 17, 2011, 06:34:08 PM
Bisco 2-12 Dundrum 0-10.
Also I See the ford beat the town by a point in the kilmacud 7s final the day.
Yous seem to be more worried about the championshipthan the league?  A league win or two would be more important??

You are way off the mark. For the past few months our main aim has been to secure Division 3 status and we have been fighting tooth and nail to do just that. Unfortunately we have been coming up short more times than enough though.

Dannymcfella

Quote from: Bannaman on September 18, 2011, 05:18:59 PM
Quote from: 13aside on September 18, 2011, 07:35:16 AM
Dont get too carried away just yet Bannaman,like yourselves Dundrum are relatively new to this stage of the championship and their confidence will have lifted coming from behind late on to win against Attical,whilst Ballymartin have a great championship pedigree stretching back many years including winning the title,Kilcleif too regularly quailfy for the latter stages and will not be lacking in motivationor ability(and remember their hurlers won at the weekend)Clann Na Banna did very well to win their two previous matches especially against another club with fine champioship credentials in Annaclone,as far as your own club is concerned it is fantastic to see your side progress and well done so far-but remember they dont hand out the cup at the quarter or semi-final stage!!

How am I getting carried away.  I stated that I think whoever wins between us and Kilclief should win the championship.  I stated that Dundrum rely heavily on McComiskey, which they do and that if you can stop him that goes a long way to beating them.  I also stated that we beat Ballymartin twuce this year, 1 by 6 points, 1 by 7 so in any mans book that is comfortable.  Kilclief will be hard to beat and will have the momentum coming from the hurling.  We are no way a shoe in but I think we have the winning of it.

Quote from: Dannymcfella on September 18, 2011, 10:58:12 AM
Wouldnt worry too much about Bannaman, would actually be very surprised if he was even connected with our club in anyway. Having read his previous few posts I would be pretty confident he is not a member of Clann na Banna, and 100% confident he is not a player. Believe me no one in our club is under any illusions about the what lies ahead in the championship, and that aside we still have league games to worry about as well

I am connected to the club but nowhere did I say I was a player.  I don't know how you could read anything from any of my posts as I have only made 4 posts, 1 about the Kilmacud 7s, 1 on the Arsenal thread and the 2 posts on this thread.  You must have Colombo powers of deduction to be able to work anything out about who I am from that!

So what's your connection with the club then?
Pete Fitz had a very quiet game against us in Newcastle and I can't imagine him ever being that quiet again and wasn't available the first game against us which was a big loss to Ballymartin. They have actually got the better of us more times than not the last few seasons when he has been player so if anything Ballymartin would be Championship favourites. We are just focusing on Kilclief and neither other side are in our thoughts

NP 76

Seen Mooney home to give Rostrevor a boost for the championship

pauly2

Quote from: NP 76 on September 19, 2011, 03:03:27 PM

Yeah he will def give burren something different to think about thats for sure... Massive help for the minors in the championship too... Will be interesting weekend.  Burren, Kilcoo is on everyones lips but ya just wouldn know.  the yellows and the reds could have a kick in them yet!!!

DownFanatic

Just looking at the Down Recorder there. Apparently Miceal Devlin and Seamus O'Hanlon are set to rule the roost at midfield for Kilcoo on Saturday evening. Gotta love Matt Fitzpatrick :)

EagleLord

Quote from: pauly2 on September 19, 2011, 09:18:40 PM
Quote from: NP 76 on September 19, 2011, 03:03:27 PM

Yeah he will def give burren something different to think about thats for sure... Massive help for the minors in the championship too... Will be interesting weekend.  Burren, Kilcoo is on everyones lips but ya just wouldn know.  the yellows and the reds could have a kick in them yet!!!

By f**k if they did! Been a long time for both clubs! That would really freshen up the championship!

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: DownFanatic on September 21, 2011, 11:10:34 PM
Just looking at the Down Recorder there. Apparently Miceal Devlin and Seamus O'Hanlon are set to rule the roost at midfield for Kilcoo on Saturday evening. Gotta love Matt Fitzpatrick :)

The man is beyond a joke. His previews are getting worse, how or where would be have got the above names and how on earth could he even suggest they will rule the midfield roost. The Irish News on Saturday will likely be a copy and paste job from the recorder from Matt.

DownFanatic

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on September 22, 2011, 11:42:03 AM
Quote from: DownFanatic on September 21, 2011, 11:10:34 PM

The man is beyond a joke. His previews are getting worse, how or where would be have got the above names and how on earth could he even suggest they will rule the midfield roost. The Irish News on Saturday will likely be a copy and paste job from the recorder from Matt.

The Down Recorder's GAA coverage has become pure and utter dirt. For a start Matt's Chat and his erroneous match previews need scrapped. It also wouldn't do them any harm to send out a photographer for a game or two. When they use match reports sent in from club PRO's, they usually accompany them with pictures that were taken in the past few years. This year they put in a photograph to accompany a Dundrum match and it was of a few of our players playing in a game back in 2005.

The Mourne Observer's coverage is much better. Paddy McEvoy usually has two or three match reports in every week and Pat O'Hare always makes an effort to attend a League game on a Friday night to get photos. Joseph Donnan's match previews and reports are very accurate too and they are a welcome addition.

One thing both papers are missing though is weekly analysis/punditry columns. I think Benny Coulter does one for the Newry Democrat.

downjim

Is that the column were he snipes at burren every few weeks. Looking forward to championship football this weekend. I expect  burren and kilcoo wins at a canter. The two best teams in the county by a mile. Should be some final! Whoever wins the down championship this year will give ulster some crack

Oglach

I don't know Matt Fitzpatrick but i seriously think he's only as good as the information he's been fed. This has happened a few times now and i strongly suspect someone at their work!
Someone mentioned the mourne observer having good GAA coverage?? If you're from Bryansford lols.

5 Sams

Harps and the Bridge play in the league this Saturday 6pm IN the bridge.
The Aristocrat Years

No1

Is the club open or will McCoy's be the best spot for post semi final pints?!   Obviously there will be no-one at the club if youse are playing at Mayobridge!  ;D     McCoy's it is then.

dundrumite

Quote from: Oglach on September 22, 2011, 09:47:20 PM
I don't know Matt Fitzpatrick but i seriously think he's only as good as the information he's been fed. This has happened a few times now and i strongly suspect someone at their work!
Someone mentioned the mourne observer having good GAA coverage?? If you're from Bryansford lols.
Would it not be his job as a journalist to do some independent research?  first time have seen lols used on the board.