Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NedFlanders

Big championship game this weekend folks but... Saturday at 4pm in an riocht is a massive relegation game too.. kingdom vs the stone in a local derby and both deep in relegation trouble, should be mouthwatering ;)

downjim

Your another of the begrudgers snoopdog

forevergreen

Downjim, as a fellow Burren man, would you give the bullshit a rest, tonight will be a real test of both teams credentials. It will all come down to performance on the night. The break ball is going to be crucial and we need a bigger emphasis around the middle. Like Burren the bridge have taken in a couple of good players from their u21 set up and this has increased competition within their squad, so we need a big performance from all our players. There will be no hiding places tonight, big field, big game but I still believe Burren are starting to raise their game just at the right time.

Both sets of forwards are extremely dangerous and I don't think the bridge will be naive enough to just hoof it in to Benny. We need to go man for man and limit the frees we give away. If we play early ball in then our forwards can really test the bridge defence. Its going to be a battle but one I believe we can win. Good luck to Burren tonight.

EagleLord

Well said forevergreen. We arent used to that kind of sensible conversation form Burren man on the board, or should I say Newry. Mouth watering game in prospect tonight, 2 very good sides, both with big points to prove. Burren have to show that they are all they say they are, that last year was no fluke, no better game for them. Bridge havent won the championship in 2yrs, a long time for players like Benny or Ronan Sexton, who have been used to winning it since they started to play for the Bridge. They have to show that they aren't finished. No better game for them. Both teams are going to have to show that their younger players are good enough to carry on the mantle, 2 McArdles, Murdock, Higgins, McGovern and these lads. For the Bridge McClorey, O'Hare, Brady are faced with the same task. Truly mouth waterinf encounter.

Im sure Kilcoo and the Ford will be delighted all the focus is on the south Down tie, the outcome of the big east Down clash will be waiting in the long grass. Points to prove themselves. One of the most intrigueing championships rounds in recent times.

here comes 6

So jim who is the burren man?  Has Sean ohare joined the backroom team or are you not going to answer the question?

DownFanatic

IFC Quarter Final
Clan na Banna 3-04  Annadergclone 1-08

snoopdog

Quote from: downjim on September 09, 2011, 12:53:10 AM
Your another of the begrudgers snoopdog
Not really. more to do with your blatent lack of respect for mayobridge

Don Johnson

dundrumite

I thought with the schools back, this crap on the board would end, clearly not  :-\

bcarrier

Leonardo

Thought the two best teams won tonight. Clann na Banna fully deserved their win. Magee very good at the back and Hill up front made some hard hits. young Lenaghan looks a handfull. McArdle going off for Annaclone was a big loss. Burren cut Bridge wide open at times - pace in their forward line is frightening. Fair play to Mayobridge - kept plugging away and forwards were living on scraps. End of an era for this great team????

Brick Tamlin

Quote from: downjim on September 08, 2011, 09:04:54 PM
Yous are smart aren't yas

Clearly nowhere near as smart as you. Your intelligent and insightful thoughts on local club football are a thing to behold.

NP 76

Thought it was a poor game tonight some schoolboy errors all over the field . Burren deserved the result with Donal O Hare excellent . Big Woods tried hard at mid field Anton only caught one ball against him all night . Kevin O Rourke top scorer for the Bridge but faded towards the end

downjim

Time to send the bridge back to division 4

When We Win

Quote from: downjim on September 10, 2011, 01:07:46 AM
Time to send the bridge back to division 4

Clown Jim. You're a prat. If your father had an opportunity again i think he would have sent you into a tissue.