Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uselessfootballer

yes but it's a vicious circle stpauls, the ref comes with the opinion that stpauls are going to be in his face, we react to a bad decision and he tells himself he was right. It's a pattern of behaviour that we have to break our we will be in serious trouble if the season goes on like this.

Having watched football games all my life it is never understandable for a supporter to confront a ref.

We also have to remember that there was about a dozen or 15 our our underage players at the ground last night, what sort of example is being set?

stpauls

that maybe so UF, but is a good referee not supposed to go to a game with a neutral perspective, no matter he may have heard from other refs. i would certainly hope so and that he would make completely unbiased decisions while on the field, and then judge us when the game is over and put what ever he wants in his report!!! if not, then he is not fit to be on the pitch and should not be a referee in my opinion!!

Caitlin

Paul Gelston is never going to be a county referee but I thought he was equally bad to both sides. Bredagh were cuter i.e.they kept quiet when a decision went against them. This fixture is becoming narky- last year Bredagh had Johnny Cleary sent off when St Pauls won. Division 3 is very tight.

stpauls

Caitlin,

i don't disagree there, he was f**king awful for both sides, no doubt about that! I think the sending off definately turned the game, it was all square when it happened, and it gave Bredagh that extra bit of room and took advantage!! Fair play to them!

Square Ball

St Pauls, I was at the match and yes your player was sent off for 2 yellows, as for the second red I have no idea why, diddnt hear anything at all being said or anything that could be considered as physical. I was in the bar when i was told it was abandoned, and diddnt believe it at first, the match was a bit fractious but that was all.

the quality of the shooting from both teams was terrible to say the least, 2 points in one half is a sad indictment of this.

Still curious at to what the other agenda as according to passedit, can you enlighten us please?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Lecale2

Just back from a double header in sunny Ballygalget. A tale of two games rather than two halfs. St John's won the first game easy, Ballygalget won the seniors easy. Gareth Johnston was superb. The real story is Ballygalget struggling to field a reserve team. They only had 12 players when the game was due to start and 3 or 4 of them hadn't hurled in years. What's the story Johnnycool?

Senior Result
Ballygalget  4-17 0-7 St. Johns 

Reserve Result    
Ballygalget  0-8 3-13 St. Johns 

lecale4

Must agree with Bredaghgael - Gelston is'nt the best ref in Down, but he's givin up his Friday night to referee games, and there aren't too many of us queueing up for his job.
In East Down, clubs like St Paul's and Bredagh don't get too many favours from refs - they tend to come from the county areas and know players/coaches etc of the Castlewellan's/St John's/Drumanesses - in the past the townies have maybe got a raw deal because of it.
The North Down teams have to wise up to this and stop the back chat - Bredagh are getting cuter - St Paul's don't seem to have learned their lesson.
St Paul's man should quit the bad language on the site - it's symptomatic of the St Paul's "soccer mentality".
Bredagh Abu!!!

Colonel Cool

The Bredagh lads really do lack imagination. Lecale 2, Lecale 3 and now Lecale 4? WTF. I was in Ballygalget today Lecale and I think the Galgets struggled to field due to work commitments and a stag party in Donegal. They were v poor all right and some of those lads hadn't hurled in a couple of years. BTW you had a good game yourself!
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

stpauls

BredaghGael and Lecale what ever number its up to now,

why don't the 2 of you come down of your high horses, cause you must be getting pretty sunburned being up there so close to the sun, and it seems to be getting to you!! we weren't the only ones shouting at the referee last night, and there were a fair few f*** words coming from your sideline aswell. (see what i did there, hope you less offended now)

the ref told our chairman after the match it was abandoned so i don't know were you are getting your facts from!!

as for the soccer mentality, wel we will leave that for another day, i am away for a BBQ, and drown my sorrows!

lecale4

Sorry about the unimaginative name - maybe its Lecale2 on 3 different computers! Could use the St Pauls example and call ourselves Bredagh.
Anyway St Pauls enjoy the BBQ, see ya at Newry 2moro.
Hope you stay up this year - calm down!!

spiritof91and94

Why can the Club Championship not be brought forward now that Down are out of Ulster?
The club players and supporters deserve something decent to look forward to and having to wait 9 weeks is really crap.
Every other county is playing away at their championship games - what makes Down so different? We all really deep down knew we would be out of Ulster early and these games should have been fixed to counter that. Instead we will be rushing games through and the evenings will be getting shorter, so they will be squeezed in to a tight schedule - not very clever.............

goldenyears

Friday 8th June 7:15pm

O'Neills International Sportswear League
Div One
Bryansford 1.5 Rostrevor 1.11
Atticall off Clonduff
Mayobridge 1.11 Longstone 1.9
Castlewellan 0.7 Kilcoo 1.5
An Riocht 0.13 Burren 0.13
Loughinisland 2.12 Liatroim 1.5

Div Two
Ballymartin 3.17 Warrenpoint 1.4
Kilclief 0.15 Clann Na Banna 1.9
Ballyholland 6.14 Darragh Cross 0.9
Carryduff 2.6 Annaclone 5.12
Glasdrumman 1.3 Saval 0.13

Div Three
Teconnaught 2.7 Drumgath 1.9
Bright 2.9 Mitchels 0.10
Glenn 0.11 Tullylish 0.11
Dundrum 1.7 Saul 0.19
Ardglass 3.11 Bosco 3.9
St. Pauls v Bredagh

Div Four
Aughlisnafin 0.1 St. Johns 1.26
Drumaness 0.16 Aghaderg 0.10
St. Michaels 1.18 Ballykinlar 1.0

greygoose

Anybody fancy posting this weeks club fixtures ?

5 Sams

DOWN GAA FIXTURES

Tuesday 12th June 7:30pm

Democrat Media Hurling Leagues

Div One

Shamrocks v Ballela

Portaferry v Liatroim

Kilclief v Ballygalget

Div Two

Castlewellan v Portaferry

Ballygalget v Warrenpoint

Bredagh v Ballycran

Clonduff v Ballyvarley

Thursday 14th June 7.30pm

Div Two

Saval v Kilclief

Div Three

Teconnaught v Saul

Friday 15th June 7:15pm

Div One

Longstone v Atticall

Kilcoo v Bryansford

Liatroim v Mayobridge

Burren v Castlewellan

Rostrevor v Loughinisland

Clonduff v An Riocht

Div Two

Clann Na Banna v Ballymartin

Darragh Cross v Downpatrick

Annaclone v Ballyholland

Shamrocks v Glasdrumman

Warrenpoint v Carryduff

Div Three

Tullylish v Bright

Bredagh v Glenn

Bosco v Dundrum

Drumgath v St. Pauls

Mitchels v Ardglass

Div Four

Dromara v St. Michaels

Ballykinlar v Drumaness

Aghaderg v Aughlisnafin

Sunday 17th June

PRFC 1pm

Rostrevor v Longstone

Annaclone v Kilcoo

Loughinisland v Carryduff

PRFL 1pm

Downpatrick v An Riocht

Mayobridge v Warrenpoint

RFC 7pm

Bredagh v Drumaness

Burren 3 v Bright

An Riocht 3 v Rostrevor 3

Castlewellan 3 v Darragh Cross

Carryduff 3 v Drumgath

Mitchels v St. Johns

Mayobridge 3 v Bryansford 3

Teconnaught v Kilcoo 3

Dundrum v Liatroim 3

Shamrocks v Ballyholland

Clann Na Banna v St. Pauls

Monday 18th June 7:30pm

Div One

Castlewellan v Longstone

Mayobridge v An Riocht

Div Three

Tullylish v Bosco

PRFC

Clonduff v Liatroim

Tuesday 19th June 7:30pm

Democrat Media Hurling Leagues

Div One

Ballycran v Kilclief

Ballygalget v Portaferry

Liatroim v Shamrocks

Div Two

Portaferry v Ballygalget

Warrenpoint v Bredagh

Ballycran v Clonduff

Ballyvarley v Castlewellan

The Aristocrat Years

DownFanatic

We have a Reserve Championship game on Sunday. Here's the question. If a player is listed in the club's Top 13 but didnt play in last year's Intermediate Championship for the Senior team can he play in this years Reserve Championship?