Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

If I were the Down County Board then I would be pulling out all the stops to get Aidan O'Rourke on board. The man has an excellent set of credentials and anyone who ever played under him at Queens has a very high opinion of him.

He is tactically very good, adept at training and has had past history of working with Wee James. He is the obvious choice to join the management setup.

EagleLord

It would look as if its going that way alright.

whitegoodman

Is there any truth in this or is it rumours based on James and Aidan being old pals?

Also is he a coach or a selector?  I think there needs to be a distinction between the 2.

redandblackareback

Quote from: whitegoodman on August 24, 2011, 01:10:30 PM
Apart from being abrasive, controversal and a general loud mouth along the line what exactly has Poucher done to deserve to be considered as part of the down management setup?

Any half decent manager would have taken the current group of kingdom players out of division 2.  Dont think he has had a championship run in the time he has been there and the less said about his time with the under 21's the better.

You really have it in for him WGM lol  ;D,  Didnt he coach his school to an all ireland title a few years back? anyone know what age Poucher is by the way??

Interestingly enough when you look at most good coaches, majority seem to be teachers for some reason?

Aidan O Rourkes new job in Queens could be a huge stumbling block regarding time. But he does seem the most obvious candidate.

whitegoodman

Don't no the man personally but his antics along the line go way over the top.

Long Ball

Hopefully Castlewellan will seal promotion tomorrow night and will have Div 1 football to look forward to next season. it's going to be tight as to who joins us but I fancy Liatroim
Drive yer boot in her!!

pauly2

i seen in a paper today that it could be october before a new coach etc is appointed - whyis there such a delay?? Just approach some of these people mentioned above and get the thing sorted and underway quickly... by oct alot of coaches are tied up with clubs etc for the next year...

No1

Kilclief beaten up in Tullylish tonight by 2 points.

5 Sams

Anyone else notice that Ciaran Woods did a cut and paste job on this thread for his article in the Gaelic Life today on page 3. All the names mentioned as potentials on here for the new Down selectors were regurgitated :-\
The Aristocrat Years

supersub

Thought as much when I read it earlier on, didn't know if I was bein too cynical, clearly not!

DownFanatic

Quote from: No1 on August 25, 2011, 09:50:02 PM
Kilclief beaten up in Tullylish tonight by 2 points.

How many IFC Finals did you's get to in the past while No 1?

No1

QuoteHow many IFC Finals did you's get to in the past while No 1?

Only one in 2003 when Shane Mulholland and Rony Murtagh Ballyholland stuffed us by 8 points.  Barry Breen trained us that year and had limited input into team selection, big mistake in my eyes.  In saying that, Murtagh ALWAYS tortured us.

We've lost in a shitload of IFC semi finals.

T O Hare

Mayobridge 1.14 clonduff 1.10
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

dundrumite

dundroma

is this score below rite
Atticall   0-310   0-4   Mitchels