19:00   Burren    vs   Longstone       
Referee : Con Reynolds Venue : Shamrocks

20:30   Castlewellan    vs   Clonduff       
Referee : Damien Laverty Venue : Shamrocks

Around a Pound IFC
17/08/2011
19:00   Shamrocks    vs   Kilclief       
Referee : Fearghal Laverty Venue : Kilcoo

Couldn't see the Dundrum v Carryduff replay in a cluttered fixture list on down website.

As for favouites in the SFC it will be the usual suspects, Kilcoo, Ford, Bridge & Burren? (Longstone could ypset this too)

In the IFC, I take it the Newry bookmakers don't go to many matches. Clann's were brutal against a very poor Drumgath. Favourites must still be Annaclone despite their poor 2nd half last nite. Yes they are lucky to be still there but that's what makes champions. The winners of Shamrocks and Kilclief will push them to the wire.

As for the JFC, I didn't see any of the first games but looking at the results, is it a case of it's Saul's to lose?

Last time I checked my Club Down subscription a few years back was going towards Pairc Esler so why are these games being played at "Shamrocks"? I think the double fixture is great but surely it will need the floodlights? To play the Shamrocks replay on the same night at Kilcoo is lunacy.
Fierce tame altogether

Lecale2

It's meant to be a surprise!! Can you remove that post?

razor

How are the county board going to manage the entry fee into the double header on Wednesday because the Lognstone v Burren should be free in?

Can anybody tell me the reason why the Championship final is on a Saturday night instead of being played on a Sunday afternoon?

takeyourownpath

I heard a few shocking stories from the longstone/burren game after gabriel tumilty had collapsed. The comments and behaviour of some burren members, manager and a player, who is on the down panel, are shameful. Absolutely disgusted when I heard it. Disgraceful.

NP 76

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 11, 2011, 12:12:21 PM
Anyone going to the big do in the Canal Court tomorrow night?
Yes am heading to it supposed to be over 500 going 5 sams yes 40 pounds a go

knockitdown

Quote from: takeyourownpath on August 11, 2011, 06:52:57 PM
I heard a few shocking stories from the longstone/burren game after gabriel tumilty had collapsed. The comments and behaviour of some burren members, manager and a player, who is on the down panel, are shameful. Absolutely disgusted when I heard it. Disgraceful.

share.....

5 Sams

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 11, 2011, 05:32:08 PM
It's meant to be a surprise!! Can you remove that post?

Its the talk of the country but I see your point....doubt if he'll be lookin in here though :-\
The Aristocrat Years

downjim

Here we go again... more crap about the most successful club in the county... If clubs could do what we do for our community then Down football would not be as bad.. what club are you from anyway????????????

EagleLord

Quote from: knockitdown on August 11, 2011, 07:37:32 PM

share.....

Grapevine says that Dawson wasnt happy about having to replay, didnt think the game should have been replayed because burren had it won. And a player asking, (while they were all crowded around Gabriel saving his life), 'whats happening with the match, are we playing on or what?'

quite disrespectful indeed..

Mid Down Gael

ACFL Div 1

Clonduff 1-5 Kilcoo 3-11

A win at a canter for us against the yellows to leave us 9 clear at the top in an all round good team display.

razor

Quote from: EagleLord on August 11, 2011, 09:12:51 PM

share.....

Grapevine says that Dawson wasnt happy about having to replay, didnt think the game should have been replayed because burren had it won. And a player asking, (while they were all crowded around Gabriel saving his life), 'whats happening with the match, are we playing on or what?'

This does not suprise me. This club and thier manager are an absolute disgrace and they are suppose to be county champions.
All they think about is themselves despite the referee nearly dying on the pitch. Childish behaviour.

southdown

Shocking from Dawson (IF true), and this was agaisnt his old club as well.  Any news on the ref?

Pangurban

Absolutely disgusting,if true, efforts should be made by proper authorities to establish the facts. If found to be true, the individuals involved should be censured, if not they should be publicly cleared. Giving that this is now in the public domain, one would expect a statement from the Burren club

downjim

Quote from: razor on August 11, 2011, 09:59:32 PM
Quote from: EagleLord on August 11, 2011, 09:12:51 PM

share.....

Our club a disgrace!!!!!.. people in glass houses should not throw stones!! Wee men throwing their weight about.. your club is synonymous with fighting, Burren is synonymous with success!!!

This does not suprise me. This club and thier manager are an absolute disgrace and they are suppose to be county champions.
All they think about is themselves despite the referee nearly dying on the pitch. Childish behaviour.