Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yewtree

Quote from: Downtothewire on February 07, 2021, 08:39:19 PM
Quote from: yewtree on February 07, 2021, 07:12:43 PM
Just about to buy club draw tickets £120 Co Board draw, has got me thinking about fundraising within the county.
Somebody mentioned Club Down also fund raises. Was looking into it ,what is it about ? I see a twitter account that is only tweeting about camogie mostly? Says on twitter it is a fundraising body for Official Down GAA but doesn't mention it is fundraising for Down Camogie Board or Ladies Board.
Any posters here give more info.

Buy a Clubs Draw Ticket. Club Down all but dead and gone. As certain '91 star was being paid £25k a year by Club Down to fund raise. Don't think he raised 25 quid!

So trying to get more information on options to donate to Down GAA , any posters out there confirm what is status of Club Down ? How do you donate ? Just want to give something, as long as it is not put into Ballykinler and goes to Gaelic Football.
Partner would rather me spending it on her lol but just a modest amount to give considering the Covid times.

bannside

Guarantee you if I was coming on to say I heard the county "board" were making hard work of finalising the minor appointment I would be welcomed with open arms!

Closing the door on my way out. Lol.

wobbller

Quote from: bannside on February 11, 2021, 11:25:46 PM
Guarantee you if I was coming on to say I heard the county "board" were making hard work of finalising the minor appointment I would be welcomed with open arms!

Closing the door on my way out. Lol.
Your departing post doesn't make sense.Welcomed where or by whom?

bannside

You definitely have me snookered with that logic anyway, that's for sure.

Johnnysboys

Has McKeever stepped down in the bridge??? Heard that circulating today..

marty34

Quote from: Johnnysboys on February 12, 2021, 05:22:59 PM
Has McKeever stepped down in the bridge??? Heard that circulating today..

Is he with Armagh also?

yewtree

Talking to a gent today at petrol pump and he was saying that , looks like then Benny will be back at last to Bridge.
That is prime for Benny as he knows all the young uns coming through and in reality from what I'm told he wasn't that happy at Longstone Apparently too much interference from the old fella that is always about there.
Bridge need to get him back as Longstone is a club pretty much with their best days behind them ,Mark Poland stopped and pretty much nothing coming through. Prediction is within 4 years they'll be Division 3.
So looks like good news for The Bridge and a smart move for Benny.

Lotto

Quote from: wobbller on February 11, 2021, 05:24:12 PM
Quote from: Lloyd p on February 11, 2021, 01:54:53 PM
Just on that note.. Has the new down minor management team been confirmed? Little or no talk of it since the interviews a few weeks back.
Hearing that there may have been more interviews on Monday and Tuesday night which would be downright bad manners if these new candidates were
being interviewed after the process was started and nearly finished or as an earlier poster said they are trying to mix and match from the
original apllicants
.Shabby work as usual from our County leaders along with everything else that has gone on this past while.

You knew it was me but you couldn't bare to say it.

Just wondering will Tally's 4 weeks reduced suspension be passed on to Laverty who was training the Down U.20's in Tollymore last Sunday morning?

wobbller

Quote from: Lotto on February 12, 2021, 10:55:55 PM
Just on that note.. Has the new down minor management team been confirmed? Little or no talk of it since the interviews a few weeks back.
Hearing that there may have been more interviews on Monday and Tuesday night which would be downright bad manners if these new candidates were
being interviewed after the process was started and nearly finished or as an earlier poster said they are trying to mix and match from the
original apllicants
.Shabby work as usual from our County leaders along with everything else that has gone on this past while.

Just wondering will Tally's 4 weeks reduced suspension be passed on to Laverty who was training the Down U.20's in Tollymore last Sunday morning?
"Couldn't bare" to say it was you.Sweet God!
That's a serious accusation to be making about the U20's.Are the U20 Management now on your Hate list? You have a habit of weekend wine fuelled dribble.

Lotto

Quote from: wobbller on February 12, 2021, 11:29:08 PM
Quote from: Lotto on February 12, 2021, 10:55:55 PM
original apllicants

"Couldn't bare" to say it was you.Sweet God!
That's a serious accusation to be making about the U20's.Are the U20 Management now on your Hate list? You have a habit of weekend wine fuelled dribble.

You know f**k all about me and what I do, so knock yourself out with your accusations as much as you want. I have stated fact about Down U.20's, the same way I have stated many other facts. As for dribble, you are obviously spending too much time looking in the mirror.

manwithnoplan

The level of personal attacks on coaches and officials, subtle
and not so subtle accusations of rule breaking, and snipes at other clubs on this message board is beyond embarrassing now. It would be great to share opinions and positive news about GAA but I suppose this whole pandemic has brought out the worst in people, especially on social media and online forums. Quit moaning about who was training and where, if anyone here can show that a group of young men out exercising directly contributed to losses of life then please share. If not, quiet down and let the young lads at it. They need it more than ever right now. In the coming years when participation levels hit rock bottom and mental health issues peak, feel free to stand by your snipey comments if you are comfortable with the current devastation of sport and mental health which has no strong evidential basis.

wobbller

Quote from: manwithnoplan on February 13, 2021, 01:16:33 PM
and not so subtle accusations of rule breaking, and snipes at other clubs on this message board is beyond embarrassing now. It would be great to share opinions and positive news about GAA but I suppose this whole pandemic has brought out the worst in people, especially on social media and online forums. Quit moaning about who was training and where, if anyone here can show that a group of young men out exercising directly contributed to losses of life then please share. If not, quiet down and let the young lads at it. They need it more than ever right now. In the coming years when participation levels hit rock bottom and mental health issues peak, feel free to stand by your snipey comments if you are comfortable with the current devastation of sport and mental health which has no strong evidential basis.
So the Rules are not for the young lads?That phrase is indicative of why we are still in the middle of this pandemic.Shame on you.

Sandstorm

Excellent post manwithnoplan, well said

wobbller

Quote from: Sandstorm on February 13, 2021, 06:43:36 PM
Excellent post manwithnoplan, well said
So Sandstorm and manwithnoplan are both daft.Are you any relation of lotto?

Johnnysboys

Quote from: manwithnoplan on February 13, 2021, 01:16:33 PM

What a disgusting message. Lots of us abiding by the rules so we can get out of this pandemic as soon as possible for good this time. And you come put with a stupid comment like that. If the down u20 are training then shame on the county board for allowing it to happen at this time and shame on this much touted management for carrying it out..  I have no problem with lads getting programmes and carrying out such in a safe and responsible manner but collective training should not be happening in any capacity. Kilcoo lads posting on social media showing them training in 3/4's is another joke. All from different households and in contact training - they must be immune to this virus over there..