Author Topic: Down Club Hurling & Football  (Read 5536154 times)

downjim

• View Profile
Re: Down Club Hurling & Football
« Reply #33360 on: July 23, 2020, 09:34:03 AM »
Best wishes to the Stone player. I think the GAA has some big calls in next few weeks. If clubs continue to shut down then it will turn into a farce. The risks at GAA clubs are crazy and its very hard for volunteers to enforce rules correctly.

thewobbler

• View Profile
    • Balllyholland Harps GAC
« Reply #33361 on: July 23, 2020, 10:41:27 AM »
Downjim the reason why every team in every club has covid officers is to allow everyone to act quickly.

The GAA already made the big call there. Itís play on while you can, and donít be a silly bugger when you cannot.

What Iím not sure about is, when championship comes around and a team cannot fulfil: a) postponement, b) walkover or c) reintroduce a loser from the previous round.

Iím hoping itís not a).

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #33362 on: July 23, 2020, 11:26:06 AM »
Downjim the reason why every team in every club has covid officers is to allow everyone to act quickly.

The GAA already made the big call there. Itís play on while you can, and donít be a silly bugger when you cannot.

What Iím not sure about is, when championship comes around and a team cannot fulfil: a) postponement, b) walkover or c) reintroduce a loser from the previous round.

Iím hoping itís not a).

I'd say walk-over - time is of the essence.  Only problem is if some club goes down the legal/court route.  That would f**k everything up.

I think GAA HQ would need to make statement shortly clarifying this, or they might leave it up to each county board.

Only problem with this is if some club player tests positive, there's a good chance the club will keep quiet about it and play on regardless.

downjim

• View Profile
« Reply #33363 on: July 23, 2020, 01:41:56 PM »
Killeavy closed too, I cannot see stormont opening up now

DuffGael

• View Profile
« Reply #33364 on: July 23, 2020, 05:14:00 PM »

Iím hoping itís not a).

I'd say walk-over - time is of the essence.  Only problem is if some club goes down the legal/court route.  That would f**k everything up.

I think GAA HQ would need to make statement shortly clarifying this, or they might leave it up to each county board.

Only problem with this is if some club player tests positive, there's a good chance the club will keep quiet about it and play on regardless.
This has implications which could lead to someone losing their life,  if a club does something like that then the suspensions and punishment must be massive. 
I hope no one is that stupid

SamFever

• View Profile
« Reply #33365 on: July 23, 2020, 05:23:29 PM »
 The Stone and now the 'Town.Getting very local now.

downjim

• View Profile
« Reply #33366 on: July 23, 2020, 05:50:02 PM »
I get Longstone but not the Town? If clubs are going to suspend activity in that way then itís time we stopped for the year and quit wasting everyoneís time.

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #33367 on: July 23, 2020, 05:55:34 PM »

Iím hoping itís not a).

This has implications which could lead to someone losing their life,  if a club does something like that then the suspensions and punishment must be massive. 
I hope no one is that stupid

From tomorrow you can attend outdoor sporting events...if they can be catered for from a socially distanced point of views. Up to clubs now!

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #33368 on: July 23, 2020, 08:31:25 PM »
Whatís the Town? Have they got one also? Not good

Mourne Red

• View Profile
« Reply #33369 on: July 24, 2020, 12:25:53 AM »
Whatís the Town? Have they got one also? Not good

Put up a status that they had played The Stone and Killeavy two clubs who had positive tests so they have suspended activity as precaution

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #33370 on: July 24, 2020, 07:11:43 AM »
Ah come on. If teams start doing that then what hope will we have of living with this? Is that a genuine reason to stop? Genuine question.

OgraAnDun

• View Profile
« Reply #33371 on: July 24, 2020, 08:21:20 AM »
Ah come on. If teams start doing that then what hope will we have of living with this? Is that a genuine reason to stop? Genuine question.

Yes, itís an excellent reason to stop, otherwise if any of their players picked it up theyíll probably pass it on to whoever they are marking in the next game and the cycle continues!

thebar

• View Profile
« Reply #33372 on: July 24, 2020, 02:53:54 PM »

Yes, itís an excellent reason to stop, otherwise if any of their players picked it up theyíll probably pass it on to whoever they are marking in the next game and the cycle continues!

Remember it could also have worked the other way with a Castlewellan member / members being carriers and transferring to the other 2 named clubs (or vice versa)...no one knows thats the problem.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 10:28:17 PM by thebar »

Mourne Red

• View Profile
« Reply #33373 on: July 24, 2020, 10:08:20 PM »
County Board, Clubs and Destination Newry have to be commended tonight, out injured so wasn't at my own clubs game but felt like it was Soccer Saturday with the scores coming in all the time.. First class coverage!

Dubh driocht

• View Profile