Author Topic: Down Club Hurling & Football  (Read 5455954 times)

thewobbler

• View Profile
    • Balllyholland Harps GAC
Re: Down Club Hurling & Football
« Reply #33270 on: June 15, 2020, 10:13:46 AM »
I donít really see the need for league finals, but itís a small gripe. Lot of games squeezed into a short space of time, and the SFC relegation will help keep things honest.

ó-

Anyone looking for a promotion / relegation league system in such a truncated season,  likely needs a wee light shone on their eyes.

downjim

• View Profile
« Reply #33271 on: June 15, 2020, 10:29:42 AM »
To be honest, compiling that fixture list would not be easy and it looks clear and transparent.
Down Gaa used to be a shambles at leagues, draws, cups etc but in the past numbers of years  it seems very professional.
Although we all want to win a championship or league title, we should all enjoy the few games we will have this year and chance of meet old friends and foes.
I for one wont be complaining about a long trip to the far end of the county on a Friday evening with a coffee and sandwich from a Petrol station.

yewtree

• View Profile
« Reply #33272 on: June 15, 2020, 11:45:38 PM »
Ah I can handle the truth lads.

And itís the same thing here as it was when I jumped in a few weeks ago.

The only difference between a couple of men staying fit together, half a dozen men working in a group together on their fitness, and full-on senior club training, is how much someone wants to add to the rumour when it arrives with them.

The curse of the highly paid Coach strikes again and spoken like a true DUP Politician.
My cousin is now a clown.

Ah you see, now youíre putting 2 and 3 together and getting a can of vegetable soup for your breakfast. Your response to me calling this out as Chinese whispers, is to add a highly paid mentor to the mix. Iím looking forward to you naming who this person is.

Ballyholland have not been training in any shape or form, at any grade, in either code, since 12th March.

Is that clear enough for you?

You are absolutely wrong there Wobbler. They have been training in Derryleckagh for a few weeks now, jumping the fence to get in. Some lad pops a knee or breaks an arm they are not covered by the GAA insurance never mind the transmission of the infection which can occur. I admire your strong defiance but I know what is going on, whether you choose to admit it or not.

Lads , so what if there is socially distanced training, any player looking an edge will have been doing it.The fixtures released look good considering the pandemic.For years I have been calling out for a condensed season, just maybe not as condensed as this.
A lot of guys locally are beginning to come round to my way of thinking on this.Championship is going to be real interesting this year and the guys have been on extensive running plans and I imagine in terms of fitness will be ahead of those up the mountains.Those ones win one Ulster and now they are 'Kings of Ulster' they won't reach the final this year.
Have been doing a little social distancing bbqs and all are in agreement they are not representative of us.

Sandstorm

• View Profile
« Reply #33273 on: June 16, 2020, 12:30:10 AM »
I'm sure that will be a great relief to them that they are not representing you!

wobbller

• View Profile
« Reply #33274 on: June 16, 2020, 12:34:02 PM »

The only difference between a couple of men staying fit together, half a dozen men working in a group together on their fitness, and full-on senior club training, is how much someone wants to add to the rumour when it arrives with them.

The curse of the highly paid Coach strikes again and spoken like a true DUP Politician.

Ah you see, now youíre putting 2 and 3 together and getting a can of vegetable soup for your breakfast. Your response to me calling this out as Chinese whispers, is to add a highly paid mentor to the mix. Iím looking forward to you naming who this person is.

Ballyholland have not been training in any shape or form, at any grade, in either code, since 12th March.

You are absolutely wrong there Wobbler. They have been training in Derryleckagh for a few weeks now, jumping the fence to get in. Some lad pops a knee or breaks an arm they are not covered by the GAA insurance never mind the transmission of the infection which can occur. I admire your strong defiance but I know what is going on, whether you choose to admit it or not.

Lads , so what if there is socially distanced training, any player looking an edge will have been doing it.The fixtures released look good considering the pandemic.For years I have been calling out for a condensed season, just maybe not as condensed as this.
A lot of guys locally are beginning to come round to my way of thinking on this.Championship is going to be real interesting this year and the guys have been on extensive running plans and I imagine in terms of fitness will be ahead of those up the mountains.Those ones win one Ulster and now they are 'Kings of Ulster' they won't reach the final this year.
Have been doing a little social distancing bbqs and all are in agreement they are not representative of us.
you are spewing again spewtree.

Last Caress

• View Profile
« Reply #33275 on: June 17, 2020, 06:21:13 PM »

"US" ? You mean your bbq friends....just when you think we are getting through this corona virus, the old bullshite virus returns.

downjim

• View Profile
« Reply #33276 on: June 18, 2020, 09:13:30 AM »
Does anyone know how the county board meeting went the other night? Are we going ahead with the format? I do not see any communications on our excellent up to date website.

supersub

• View Profile
« Reply #33277 on: June 18, 2020, 11:54:24 PM »
Going ahead as far as I know. If you could do a better job you should give them a hand!

downjim

• View Profile
« Reply #33278 on: June 19, 2020, 12:52:58 PM »
Thanks supersub, and as always your excellent positive tone. I bet you are great craic in a bar. ;)

supersub

• View Profile
« Reply #33279 on: June 20, 2020, 01:29:20 AM »
You are some boy to be talking about a positive tone for all that. Havenít been in one since Mid March so canít really remember  :)

yewtree

• View Profile
« Reply #33280 on: June 20, 2020, 10:37:06 PM »
To be honest, compiling that fixture list would not be easy and it looks clear and transparent.
Down Gaa used to be a shambles at leagues, draws, cups etc but in the past numbers of years  it seems very professional.
Although we all want to win a championship or league title, we should all enjoy the few games we will have this year and chance of meet old friends and foes.
I for one wont be complaining about a long trip to the far end of the county on a Friday evening with a coffee and sandwich from a Petrol station.

Supersub Downjim and a positive tone don't go together.You see his post above - who is he trying to impress with that one !

So regulations are still in place here but why oh why are teams out training ?
Club committees or County Boards need to take action on this , no concern for the welfare of society and above the law .Well I hope to see Club Committes and County Boards suspend these people from our association. It is reckless and showing disregard to society and sending a very bad example to those young lads summoned to training.Covid19 is a serious issue , a life and death issue and we all must follow the guidelines and those that don't should be punished.
Sporting Organizations are meant to lead so it will be interesting to see how our local coaches and managers are dealt with on this one.
The GAA in Down now have been set a test , are they going to punish these coaches and managers ? The GAA can not speak about caring for society and doing their best if they tolerate this.
I know many friends who are frontline workers and are disgusted.
If hairdressers and other professions have to keep the rules surely The GAA can also.

And punish those managers and coaches who decide to call training during a pandemic and against the law.

Downtothewire

• View Profile
« Reply #33281 on: June 20, 2020, 10:44:30 PM »

Supersub Downjim and a positive tone don't go together.You see his post above - who is he trying to impress with that one !

Club committees or County Boards need to take action on this , no concern for the welfare of society and above the law .Well I hope to see Club Committes and County Boards suspend these people from our association. It is reckless and showing disregard to society and sending a very bad example to those young lads summoned to training.Covid19 is a serious issue , a life and death issue and we all must follow the guidelines and those that don't should be punished.
Sporting Organizations are meant to lead so it will be interesting to see how our local coaches and managers are dealt with on this one.
The GAA in Down now have been set a test , are they going to punish these coaches and managers ? The GAA can not speak about caring for society and doing their best if they tolerate this.
If hairdressers and other professions have to keep the rules surely The GAA can also.

And punish those managers and coaches who decide to call training during a pandemic and against the law.

Might have to suspend themselves

wobbller

• View Profile
« Reply #33282 on: June 21, 2020, 08:56:34 PM »

Correct in that as I believe our County Senior Footballers were out training yesterday.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 08:58:11 PM by wobbller »

yewtree

• View Profile
« Reply #33283 on: June 22, 2020, 08:21:48 PM »

Correct in that as I believe our County Senior Footballers were out training yesterday.

Some of the photos and videos  circulating from Kilbroney are shocking from Thursday night.
Covid 19 is a life and death issue GAA activities have been stopped.This is not the same as the end of season training ban etc.
There are sanctions for that but in the case of The Pandemic this is a whole different issue.This is life and death.
What happens if one of these players gets Covid and passes to a grandparent and they die.? Where is the liability ? County Board ? Were they aware of this get together and training of a County Squad ? I find it hard to believe that they don't know.
Are Down GAA Co Board not aware of GAA Covid 18 protocols ?  Are Down County Board aware that GAA suspended all GAA Activity at club,county level , this is to include all games,training and team gatherings at all ages and all grades ?
The Down County Board have now been set a test by being put in this position by unauthorized gathering and training by a group of people , who having shown zero regard towards the welfare of players ,parents and wider society ?
This is a medical and ethical issue not to be compared to the breaching of an off season training ban.
Are teachers allowed to decide they are going to teach a class over 30 on Thursday ? NO. Are Dentists allowed to operate as they see fit ?NO.Are bars allowed to open and have the Senior Club panel in ? NO
The authorities and the GAA  have Covid 19 return to play protocols and rules, are Down above those rules ?
We await to see how Down GAA react to this test ?
If people are in positions of influence and authority and behave irresponsibly against GAA Laws and Government they need to be dealt with.
This is nothing short of a shocking scandal for Down GAA.

Centre 3/4

• View Profile
« Reply #33284 on: June 22, 2020, 10:02:08 PM »
Sounds like as per usual you have absolutely no idea what youíre rambling on about yewtree