Author Topic: Down Club Hurling & Football  (Read 5397336 times)

wobbller

• View Profile
Re: Down Club Hurling & Football
« Reply #33180 on: May 19, 2020, 10:49:17 PM »

Name the club then if you are already prepared to spread idle gossip on the matter
  If I had wanted to name the Clubs I would have done so 3 or 4 posts ago.Paid help justifying their outrageous weekly wages.

It's common knowledge that the clubs in question were caught training at Milltown and Derryleckagh.
I would find it extraordinary and very hard to believe that clubs had full training sessions at council venues during lockdown.

Thatís because it didnít happen.

One place youíre not going to train is on a field that is just far enough away from a public road to not be able to stop someone taking photos, but just close enough to a public road for any modern camera to identify faces.

Anyway other wobller the problem here isnít that the GAABoard is mighty, or important or even influential. But thereís someone in every club in our county has read this thread now, and has subsequently circulated the question around their own club. And people will stress and promote paranoia as a result.

So itís a Chinese whisper.

Maybe thatís what you wanted, to entertain yourself.

But itís shitty behaviour imho.
   Lotto has the answers

Even worse that one of them was apparently pretending to be their local soccer team when asked what they were at.
Ah go on Lottoóput them all out of their misery.

SamFever

• View Profile
« Reply #33181 on: May 20, 2020, 01:46:18 PM »
 Can we move on? This is worse than a Zoom Quiz
among children.

Lotto

• View Profile
« Reply #33182 on: May 22, 2020, 07:31:51 PM »

Name the club then if you are already prepared to spread idle gossip on the matter
  If I had wanted to name the Clubs I would have done so 3 or 4 posts ago.Paid help justifying their outrageous weekly wages.

It's common knowledge that the clubs in question were caught training at Milltown and Derryleckagh.
I would find it extraordinary and very hard to believe that clubs had full training sessions at council venues during lockdown.

One place youíre not going to train is on a field that is just far enough away from a public road to not be able to stop someone taking photos, but just close enough to a public road for any modern camera to identify faces.

Anyway other wobller the problem here isnít that the GAABoard is mighty, or important or even influential. But thereís someone in every club in our county has read this thread now, and has subsequently circulated the question around their own club. And people will stress and promote paranoia as a result.

Lotto has the answers

Even worse that one of them was apparently pretending to be their local soccer team when asked what they were at.
It is interesting that one of the clubs has kept their walking route around their pitches open which I believe is in contradiction of the Croke Park directive.

SamFever

• View Profile
« Reply #33183 on: May 22, 2020, 11:07:35 PM »

Lotto has the answers

It is interesting that one of the clubs has kept their walking route around their pitches open which I believe is in contradiction of the Croke Park directive.
Lotto,You are holding onto a lot of info.

Nanderson

• View Profile
« Reply #33184 on: May 26, 2020, 07:47:47 PM »
Shay McCartan released by Bradford City. Would love to see him back playing GAA before the end of his prime years. I've never marked a player as quick and explosive as he was underage and a lethal finisher

wobbller

• View Profile
« Reply #33185 on: May 27, 2020, 09:23:48 PM »

Lotto has the answers

Too quiet on here this week.Lotto is not spilling the beans but
what I heard was that it was Burren and CPN who were the culprits
caught training on local Council pitches.

Lotto

• View Profile
« Reply #33186 on: May 28, 2020, 07:49:15 AM »

Lotto has the answers

You took the words right out of my mouth, read between the lines and that's what I have been saying. Bad form and this was actually weeks ago during the heart of this pandemic and not just the last week or two.

general

• View Profile
« Reply #33187 on: May 29, 2020, 09:49:49 PM »
Shay McCartan released by Bradford City. Would love to see him back playing GAA before the end of his prime years. I've never marked a player as quick and explosive as he was underage and a lethal finisher

Unfortunately its not going to happen. Speaking with Shay on Thurs evening. Awaiting the Outcome of the current EFL talks etc.

His words were "nobody's doing nothing at the minute, clubs need to know when they are back so they can plan ahead"

He has spoke to previous club Accrington Stanley and is hopeful of a return should there be a bit of cleaning up on the way forward over the next few weeks

Lotto

• View Profile
« Reply #33188 on: May 29, 2020, 11:46:35 PM »

Lotto has the answers

You took the words right out of my mouth, read between the lines and that's what I have been saying. Bad form and this was actually weeks ago during the heart of this pandemic and not just the last week or two.
No comment from the big mouth pieces of both of these clubs, the truth must really hurt.

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #33189 on: May 30, 2020, 08:27:23 AM »
I think you will find 6 lads meeting up doing some exercise on a council pitch which has reopened is well within the guidelines as long as social distancing is maintained.
Am I missing something here? I can assure you no one has been training on our pitch. Let me make that very very clear.

SamFever

• View Profile
« Reply #33190 on: May 30, 2020, 09:42:51 PM »
I think you will find 6 lads meeting up doing some exercise on a council pitch which has reopened is well within the guidelines as long as social distancing is maintained.
Am I missing something here? I can assure you no one has been training on our pitch. Let me make that very very clear.
You tell them Smurfy!! Spreading slander like that😃😃😃

Lotto

• View Profile
« Reply #33191 on: June 02, 2020, 07:51:40 PM »
You tell them Smurfy!! Spreading slander like that😃😃😃

I said previously that the Point training at Milltown was weeks ago during the early stages of total lockdown, you are admitting it took place at this time then. As for the Burren walkway around the pitches also being open for weeks now or possibly never even closing, who do these people think they are? I'm not even going to mention them training at Derryleckagh also a number of weeks ago.

wobbller

• View Profile
« Reply #33192 on: June 02, 2020, 11:51:57 PM »
Smurfy,your sh-te about 6 lads meeting up was illegal when these incidences occured.The usual tripe
from you defending Dominic Rabb types.

SamFever

• View Profile
« Reply #33193 on: June 04, 2020, 08:54:11 AM »
   The CoronaVirus situation has really affected some people in Down GAA circles.Today in the Irish News seeís our County Hurling Manager list the top Celtic players that he has watched over the years . Sweet J-sus.Bad enough my own Club man dropping in every so often about his great love of Liverpool Soccer but this...a new low!
  Please God we can get back to the GAA-normal way of things soon as this is embarrassing.

supersub

• View Profile
« Reply #33194 on: June 04, 2020, 10:32:53 AM »
Embarrassing? Newspapers trying to fill columns after 12 weeks of no sport is embarrassing? Itís a credit to them to keep going. Some perspective on life needed.