Author Topic: Down Club Hurling & Football  (Read 5237712 times)

Cuan12

• View Profile
Re: Down Club Hurling & Football
« Reply #32775 on: January 17, 2020, 10:44:42 PM »
One things for sure Corofin will be assignment but I expect a Kilcoo victory and maybe Smurf and co will show some respect !!

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #32776 on: January 17, 2020, 11:10:14 PM »
I would like to wish Kilcoo all the very best on Sunday
I will be in Croke Park on Sunday hoping they win. No I wonít be jumping up and down at every score but it would be a massive boost for Down GAA. For one day and one day only I will be supporting the magpies
Good Luck Kilcoo

Cuan12

• View Profile
« Reply #32777 on: January 18, 2020, 07:03:03 AM »
Good man Smurf, I,like you have an admiration for Kilcoo, we can only hope that our county senior team can somehow mirror image Kilcoo s success but thatís for later, on Sunday we are all behind them on Sunday ,Corofin will not have come up against this sort of team before , I take Kilcoo to win by the narrowest of margins with the ability to get goals the key to success.
COME ON KILCOO

Silver hill

• View Profile
« Reply #32778 on: January 18, 2020, 09:14:33 AM »
Obviously an outsider here, but curious as to what the opinion is of kilcoo from within Down? Anecdotally, it would appear that they are begrudgingly respected but generally not liked? A siege mentality with a win at any costs culture? Seem to have gone beyond the pale on too many occasions for a lot of people. The recent incident with the minor and his mentor was particularly galling it seems? Or is it simply jealousy and usual inter club rivalry?

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #32779 on: January 18, 2020, 11:30:28 AM »
Kilcoo are a very well run club and will continue to dominate Down football and have great people around the club Mick Kane Jerome Johnstone O Hanlon Morgan who have drove that club forward for years when they were not as successful which is a credit to them. Johnstone work at underage years ago can not go unnoticed I think he was the man who drove it forward.
Kilcoo would not be the most popular team in Down because of the dark arts during matches which is very unfortunate as they have some brilliant players and donít need it.
I take my hat off to them but I do not like what they do on a pitch and Iím sure I am not the only one
Good luck Kilcoo

Last Caress

• View Profile
« Reply #32780 on: January 18, 2020, 01:21:04 PM »
Here we go again. This topic (the kilcoo topic) has been flogged to death on this forum. Start up a new thread and leave this one for other discussions. Good luck to kilcoo . I hope they do it. As for this board, well it's not worth the bother. Same people.  Same shite

SHEEDY

• View Profile
« Reply #32781 on: January 18, 2020, 02:33:27 PM »
Good luck to all in kilcoo, hopefully the cup will be coming back up the motorway tomorrow.
nil satis nisi optimum

snoopdog

• View Profile
« Reply #32782 on: January 18, 2020, 04:53:38 PM »
Obviously an outsider here, but curious as to what the opinion is of kilcoo from within Down? Anecdotally, it would appear that they are begrudgingly respected but generally not liked? A siege mentality with a win at any costs culture? Seem to have gone beyond the pale on too many occasions for a lot of people. The recent incident with the minor and his mentor was particularly galling it seems? Or is it simply jealousy and usual inter club rivalry?
No different to any other successful club. If all clubs were based on the kilcoo model Down football would be a much more competitive animal. No one in Down are a match for kilcoo.  A great success story whatever tomorrows outcome.

6th sam

• View Profile
« Reply #32783 on: January 18, 2020, 05:32:08 PM »
No different to any other successful club. If all clubs were based on the kilcoo model Down football would be a much more competitive animal. No one in Down are a match for kilcoo.  A great success story whatever tomorrows outcome.

Would love to see kilcoo do it tomorrow. So many great people at all levels in the club, who have worked hard over many years. I played against and managing against them for many years and they have always treated our own club with great respect and have shown us great friendship and support . I think itís very important how they have shown rural clubs , you can still reach the very highest level in our association with a fraction of the population resources of other clubs. Serious level of football ability and knowledge throughout the senior set up and whole club. Good luck Kilcoo , Iím sure youíll do our county proud.

yewtree

• View Profile
« Reply #32784 on: January 18, 2020, 06:04:35 PM »
Have to say Good luck and be great if they could win.Now or ver for them as doubtful they'll get out of Down 2020.

Tomorrow will be for lots of posters on here I reckon to be channel switching between Gaelic final and the big game on Sky the real Reds v Red Mancs. And a little trip over to see Reds soon but that is for another day.

Then NFL Championship Games (but no Pats or Brady !) ..

Superb Sports Sunday.

PTC

• View Profile
« Reply #32785 on: January 18, 2020, 10:19:08 PM »
Good luck to everyone associated with kilcoo tomorrow. I think the Andy merrigan cup will be coming back to Down. Kilcoo by 4 #UTM

snoopdog

• View Profile
« Reply #32786 on: January 18, 2020, 11:45:41 PM »
Have to say Good luck and be great if they could win.Now or ver for them as doubtful they'll get out of Down 2020.

Tomorrow will be for lots of posters on here I reckon to be channel switching between Gaelic final and the big game on Sky the real Reds v Red Mancs. And a little trip over to see Reds soon but that is for another day.

Then NFL Championship Games (but no Pats or Brady !) ..

Superb Sports Sunday.
😂 Jesus wept

Maurice Moss

• View Profile
« Reply #32787 on: January 19, 2020, 09:44:35 AM »
What an incredible journey this fantastic group of men have brought us on. Mickey Moran and his team are special and have brought us to dream land. Today is a special day for our great club and no matter the result, these fellas are legends in the parish.

Its an honour and special privilege to be able to run out onto Croke Park with the boys you grew up and went to school with. And although the supporters won't be on the pitch with them, we will be behind the team as they cover every blade of the hallowed turf in search of glory.

Thanks to everyone for the support over the last couple of weeks. Great messages of support coming in from all over Down, Ulster, Ireland and abroad. The parish is buzzing with excitement.

For anyone travelling down, have a safe journey and add to the chants of UTM to help us bring this cup back up the road 😊💪

#CillChuaAbu #UTM #UTM

Targetman

• View Profile
« Reply #32788 on: January 19, 2020, 10:06:00 AM »
Iíll be there fully behind Kilcoo but chanting UTMís just pushing it a bit too far!!😉

Silver hill

• View Profile
« Reply #32789 on: January 19, 2020, 10:09:28 AM »
What kilcoo have done is incredible. They are the epitome of what any small club should aspire to. My question is, would it lessen their winning mentality if they dropped the sledging. I donít think thereís any doubt that its coached by their captain and talisman, but more importantly, itís tolerated by the hierarchy within. The recent appeal after the minor game is testimony to that. I enjoy the attitude and approach of the Brannigan boys, their humility and innocence, I just wonder what they would honestly think of all that other nonsense. Probably wouldnít care one iota if they win today but for me, definitely asterisk against it if they do because of that shit.