Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Best of luck to the Magpies on Sunday..

general

Best of luck to the Magpies on Sunday,

Working on site with a number of Kilcoo Locals, win or loose we don't expect them on site most of next week! Win and it could be a fortnight ffs.

Dubh driocht

Adh mor Cill Chua. Whatever your views on their questionable non football tactics we should get behind them on Sunday.  We have been starved of success in the county and the magpies have flown through Ulster and South Dublin under Mickey Moran.  Posters will know I have consistently highlighted Conor Laverty as an outstanding leader and I look forward to him lifting Andy Merrigan on behalf of his club, county and province.

snoopdog

Best of luck to the Magpies on Sunday. I'd love to be in croke pk but I'm going to go up home and watch it with the aul lad.

Targetman

All the best to Kilcoo on Sunday, I'll be in Croke Park hoping to see them crowned champions, my season ticket has me stuck in section 301 of the Cusack, not a good seat so I'm hoping after the hurling that some better seats will be available, shouldn't be any bother moving

Cuan12

One things for sure Corofin will be assignment but I expect a Kilcoo victory and maybe Smurf and co will show some respect !!

Smurfy123

I would like to wish Kilcoo all the very best on Sunday
I will be in Croke Park on Sunday hoping they win. No I won't be jumping up and down at every score but it would be a massive boost for Down GAA. For one day and one day only I will be supporting the magpies
Good Luck Kilcoo

Cuan12

Good man Smurf, I,like you have an admiration for Kilcoo, we can only hope that our county senior team can somehow mirror image Kilcoo s success but that's for later, on Sunday we are all behind them on Sunday ,Corofin will not have come up against this sort of team before , I take Kilcoo to win by the narrowest of margins with the ability to get goals the key to success.
COME ON KILCOO

Silver hill

Obviously an outsider here, but curious as to what the opinion is of kilcoo from within Down? Anecdotally, it would appear that they are begrudgingly respected but generally not liked? A siege mentality with a win at any costs culture? Seem to have gone beyond the pale on too many occasions for a lot of people. The recent incident with the minor and his mentor was particularly galling it seems? Or is it simply jealousy and usual inter club rivalry?

Smurfy123

Kilcoo are a very well run club and will continue to dominate Down football and have great people around the club Mick Kane Jerome Johnstone O Hanlon Morgan who have drove that club forward for years when they were not as successful which is a credit to them. Johnstone work at underage years ago can not go unnoticed I think he was the man who drove it forward.
Kilcoo would not be the most popular team in Down because of the dark arts during matches which is very unfortunate as they have some brilliant players and don't need it.
I take my hat off to them but I do not like what they do on a pitch and I'm sure I am not the only one
Good luck Kilcoo

Last Caress

Here we go again. This topic (the kilcoo topic) has been flogged to death on this forum. Start up a new thread and leave this one for other discussions. Good luck to kilcoo . I hope they do it. As for this board, well it's not worth the bother. Same people.  Same shite

SHEEDY

Good luck to all in kilcoo, hopefully the cup will be coming back up the motorway tomorrow.
nil satis nisi optimum

snoopdog

Quote from: Silver hill on January 18, 2020, 09:14:33 AM
Obviously an outsider here, but curious as to what the opinion is of kilcoo from within Down? Anecdotally, it would appear that they are begrudgingly respected but generally not liked? A siege mentality with a win at any costs culture? Seem to have gone beyond the pale on too many occasions for a lot of people. The recent incident with the minor and his mentor was particularly galling it seems? Or is it simply jealousy and usual inter club rivalry?
No different to any other successful club. If all clubs were based on the kilcoo model Down football would be a much more competitive animal. No one in Down are a match for kilcoo.  A great success story whatever tomorrows outcome.

6th sam

Quote from: snoopdog on January 18, 2020, 04:53:38 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on January 18, 2020, 09:14:33 AM
No different to any other successful club. If all clubs were based on the kilcoo model Down football would be a much more competitive animal. No one in Down are a match for kilcoo.  A great success story whatever tomorrows outcome.

Would love to see kilcoo do it tomorrow. So many great people at all levels in the club, who have worked hard over many years. I played against and managing against them for many years and they have always treated our own club with great respect and have shown us great friendship and support . I think it's very important how they have shown rural clubs , you can still reach the very highest level in our association with a fraction of the population resources of other clubs. Serious level of football ability and knowledge throughout the senior set up and whole club. Good luck Kilcoo , I'm sure you'll do our county proud.

yewtree

Have to say Good luck and be great if they could win.Now or ver for them as doubtful they'll get out of Down 2020.

Tomorrow will be for lots of posters on here I reckon to be channel switching between Gaelic final and the big game on Sky the real Reds v Red Mancs. And a little trip over to see Reds soon but that is for another day.

Then NFL Championship Games (but no Pats or Brady !) ..

Superb Sports Sunday.