Author Topic: Down Club Hurling & Football  (Read 5018323 times)

downjim

• View Profile
Re: Down Club Hurling & Football
« Reply #32280 on: October 10, 2019, 01:40:09 PM »
A press day- a press week I think. Come on CPN, stay out of papers and concentrate on the football, kilcoo probably laughing at the hype.

supersub

• View Profile
« Reply #32281 on: October 10, 2019, 08:49:57 PM »
If they did, good move. All out of the road at the same time. Players can concentrate on a good weekís training. Only seems like a media week as the papers are out on different days. Professionally run, a lot like the rest of their club. To be commended. Who cares what Kilcoo think. Enjoy the occasion play the game. Best of luck to both clubs.

Leftmidfield

• View Profile
« Reply #32282 on: October 10, 2019, 08:53:39 PM »
If they did, good move. All out of the road at the same time. Players can concentrate on a good weekís training. Only seems like a media week as the papers are out on different days. Professionally run, a lot like the rest of their club. To be commended. Who cares what Kilcoo think. Enjoy the occasion play the game. Best of luck to both clubs.
It wasn't a press day. Local paper came to big breakfast on Saturday morning. A couple of photos taken. All over in 10 minutes !!

yewtree

• View Profile
« Reply #32283 on: October 11, 2019, 06:45:16 PM »
Press day a great positive celebration for the point.

By comparison another club from The East is causing press headlines for all the wrong reasons their antics and unsporting behaviour is tarnishing our great county.

Everybody is talking about friends from youth football are all disgusted and any goodwill the gaelic is getting from grassroots football may be lost if this continues. Today more than ever is there football boys playing gaelic - antics with verbals can lose this goodwill.

Let's hope this period has come to an end and we can have a County Final day without this horrible sideshow , from Ulster Club antics years ago to this please God it ends now.

The peoples favourite The Point have a county's goodwill behind them.

PTC

• View Profile
« Reply #32284 on: October 11, 2019, 06:52:37 PM »
Press day a great positive celebration for the point.

By comparison another club from The East is causing press headlines for all the wrong reasons their antics and unsporting behaviour is tarnishing our great county.

Everybody is talking about friends from youth football are all disgusted and any goodwill the gaelic is getting from grassroots football may be lost if this continues. Today more than ever is there football boys playing gaelic - antics with verbals can lose this goodwill.

Let's hope this period has come to an end and we can have a County Final day without this horrible sideshow , from Ulster Club antics years ago to this please God it ends now.

The peoples favourite The Point have a county's goodwill behind them.
😂😂 i would say the club from the east are devastated that neutrals will be cheering on the point

Last Caress

• View Profile
« Reply #32285 on: October 11, 2019, 10:55:54 PM »
😂😂 i would say the club from the east are devastated that neutrals will be cheering on the point
[/quote]

Why would they???

PTC

• View Profile
« Reply #32286 on: October 11, 2019, 11:23:39 PM »

Why would they???
[/quote]sorry I should of said I was being sarcastic 🙄! Kilcoo wonít give a f**k who is there supporting the point

Last Caress

• View Profile
« Reply #32287 on: October 11, 2019, 11:25:58 PM »

Why would they???
sorry I should of said I was being sarcastic 🙄! Kilcoo wonít give a f**k who is there supporting the point
[/quote]

now that sounds about right 👍

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #32288 on: October 12, 2019, 07:48:30 AM »
Now Jarlath Burns has commented on kilcooos sledging. No place in the game for that and if he gets in as president he will be stamping it out. Anyword how Kilcoo got on at the ulster council appeals last night? They would have been safer to take the suspension and move on as it has got some bad publicity since Sunday. This has happened before so itís not a one off incident

champion1981

• View Profile
« Reply #32289 on: October 12, 2019, 08:26:30 AM »
Now Jarlath Burns has commented on kilcooos sledging. No place in the game for that and if he gets in as president he will be stamping it out. Anyword how Kilcoo got on at the ulster council appeals last night? They would have been safer to take the suspension and move on as it has got some bad publicity since Sunday. This has happened before so itís not a one off incident
is this the same jarlath burns that also says we need to do away with the tri colour and irish national anthem?🤔

PTC

• View Profile
« Reply #32290 on: October 12, 2019, 08:38:55 AM »
im surprised there is any room in the papers to write about the alleged sledging with the amount of crap the point have in them

Last Caress

• View Profile
« Reply #32291 on: October 12, 2019, 09:19:04 AM »
is this the same jarlath burns that also says we need to do away with the tri colour and irish national anthem?🤔
your correct. It has happened before. All over Ireland. Needs to be addressed. And I think it will. But how can it be policed.

If Burns gets to be President and removes the flag and anthem from the game I bet kilcoo will be to blame for that too😁😁

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #32292 on: October 12, 2019, 09:46:05 AM »
Sledging is part of the game but to slag a players dead parent of a few months is unacceptable.
Donít you worry about whatís in the papers. CPN will win tomorrow. Everyone saying to me at the start of the year that we were not even a top 4 team no sign of them men now.
The blue wave has arrived and not the one that won division 2 last year

whitegoodman

• View Profile
« Reply #32293 on: October 12, 2019, 10:41:27 AM »
Does anyone actually think Kilcoo are right in appealing the ban ?

downjim

• View Profile
« Reply #32294 on: October 12, 2019, 10:56:10 AM »
No it was a disgrace they appealed it and any right minded person I talked to said the same, there was a few staunch Kilcoo gaels in that too.
Smurfy I think Kilcoo are ready for you, beating Longstone and Harps in Newry is not really top class opposition. I just think Kilcoo will have too much experience.
Should be an interesting battle no doubt and may the best team win.