Author Topic: Down Club Hurling & Football  (Read 5062090 times)

befair

• View Profile
Re: Down Club Hurling & Football
« Reply #31845 on: September 10, 2019, 06:56:04 PM »
What I did see was Conor Lavery running all the way round the pitch to abuse the lineswoman who had advised the ref to give a yellow card to a Kilcoo player. It was unnecessary and unsporting and a really bad example to young players, as Kilcoo were much the better team and never in danger of defeat.

The sooner he heads to Monaghan the better it seems. Not been a good couple of weeks for him it seems
 🤙

Definitely not; I've always admired Conor Lavery as a player, and Kilcoo as a club, but this behaviour was a very bad example to young gaels.

This mans behaviour on or of the pitch never surprises me

It was outside the wire; ID is correct

yewtree

• View Profile
« Reply #31846 on: September 10, 2019, 08:26:17 PM »
I don't want any East South Division I just feel people need a reality check on the weaknesses in 'less strong area' of Down.No one wants to insult the dedication of coaches over there but just maybe if the coaching was better the standard over there would be better.
I am just fed up being railroaded into Ballykinler when we have Abbey and College built and already there.
If you did a straw poll in Harps Club or Fagans in 'point all the big football men would agree with me.This whole saga could cause serious animosity and division which at times isnt great anyway.

terrifictommy

• View Profile
« Reply #31847 on: September 10, 2019, 08:33:54 PM »
Is the other wee fella that coaches kilcoo ladies not Conorís mini me. Thatís perhaps why the identity is wrong. Or maybe Conor was outside the wire causing havoc. Either way I wasnít there to witness. The fact that no one is disputing the allegation but the accused must mean there is plenty of truth in it. 

6th sam

• View Profile
« Reply #31848 on: September 10, 2019, 08:59:37 PM »
I don't want any East South Division I just feel people need a reality check on the weaknesses in 'less strong area' of Down.No one wants to insult the dedication of coaches over there but just maybe if the coaching was better the standard over there would be better.
I am just fed up being railroaded into Ballykinler when we have Abbey and College built and already there.
If you did a straw poll in Harps Club or Fagans in 'point all the big football men would agree with me.This whole saga could cause serious animosity and division which at times isnt great anyway.

Very good,😂,
You nearly had me there

Lecale Gael

• View Profile
« Reply #31849 on: September 11, 2019, 01:11:43 AM »
Some amount of shite being spouted on here these last few pages. cant decide though wums or idiots, maybe both.  ::)
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

yewtree

• View Profile
« Reply #31850 on: September 11, 2019, 11:34:00 AM »
Looking ahead to Frank O'Hare - big chance for 'point this year.Wouldn't it be great to have final in Parc Esler and 'point and Burren in it.Would create some buzz .It would be the final most neutrals would want.

JimmyFloydMay123

• View Profile
« Reply #31851 on: September 11, 2019, 12:28:20 PM »
Looking ahead to Frank O'Hare - big chance for 'point this year.Wouldn't it be great to have final in Parc Esler and 'point and Burren in it.Would create some buzz .It would be the final most neutrals would want.

I can guarantee that 95% of people would rather not see a burren and CPN final 😂

Cuan12

• View Profile
« Reply #31852 on: September 11, 2019, 01:26:34 PM »
Hear hear, this is the year Iím supporting Kilcoo, Warrenpoint are hateful and Burren not a million miles behind them,so itís the magpies for me , and every east down club in their prospective championship , but maybe our coaches arenít good enough.🤪🤪

PTC

• View Profile
« Reply #31853 on: September 11, 2019, 07:13:16 PM »
Think itís a really open senior championship this year the intermediate will be between glen and daragh cross I think and maybe bright for the junior though the fin have come on a lot and wouldnít be surprised if they where to win it

Gaelforce123

• View Profile
« Reply #31854 on: September 12, 2019, 01:27:41 PM »
Burren v CPN in a county final? Usually 1st teams play their 2nds in challenge games

Cuan12

• View Profile
« Reply #31855 on: September 12, 2019, 03:33:35 PM »
Warrenpoint will be in no county final be it hurling or football, when did they last win a senior final, Iím guessing the late seventies/ early eighties against Downpatrick - could be wrong ,contained Emmet mcgivernr, Pat oHare Peter Rooney etc, all gentlemen , not like the present shower of a holes who masquerade as supporters

Maiden1

• View Profile
« Reply #31856 on: September 12, 2019, 05:00:30 PM »
Warrenpoint will be in no county final be it hurling or football, when did they last win a senior final, Iím guessing the late seventies/ early eighties against Downpatrick - could be wrong ,contained Emmet mcgivernr, Pat oHare Peter Rooney etc, all gentlemen , not like the present shower of a holes who masquerade as supporters
If you want something, you have to work for it. Now quiet they're about to announce the lottery no's

Cuan12

• View Profile
« Reply #31857 on: September 12, 2019, 05:09:36 PM »
Thanks maiden , I will remember that date 1953 every time that pray from Warrenpoint mentions anything about championships or top 4 teams , Iíve heard of a slow burner but thatís taking the Michael, would that be the reason they have taken to the hurling, some good coaches in Warrenpoint

Akinfenwa

• View Profile
« Reply #31858 on: September 13, 2019, 12:49:34 AM »
One has to feel that Warrenpoint have a strong chance of making the final. If they draw the winners of the Duffs or the Bridge/Harps they could definitely have a shot at least.

Petergriffin1

• View Profile
« Reply #31859 on: September 13, 2019, 11:07:12 AM »
The point will surely believe they have a good chance of making it to the Final. Big Murdock a boost for them at Full back. Expect Kilcoo Burren to be a feisty affair as usual and can see Burren edging it. Other 2 senior games tough to call. DarraghCross, Shamrocks both to progress in the intermediate. Glenn and Liatrom game of the championship I feel, some great players from the games I seen, Mc Crickard, Sands and Bagnall all been impressive.