Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: Leftmidfield on June 08, 2018, 04:02:09 PM
Quote from: Targetman on June 07, 2018, 07:31:07 PM
Quote from: our_fella on June 07, 2018, 03:29:07 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 07, 2018, 02:20:13 PM
I think you mean Brawls.

Can you explain why its stupid for a management team to be Mic'd up?

3 slabbers all mic'd up. on line / behind goals and slabbering from top of a van
Seriously who was on top of a van!!
I am not saying he was slobbering but at the CPN match last Friday there was a man on top of a van behind the goals videoing the match
i know this might sound weird but maybe thats where he got the best view  ::)
nil satis nisi optimum

our_fella

Quote from: Stevie Nicks on June 08, 2018, 03:55:57 PM
Quote from: our_fella on June 07, 2018, 01:56:50 PM
Quote from: downjim on June 06, 2018, 10:48:31 PM
Bridge shit themselves again tonight with the game in their hands with ten to go
Kilcoo be hard to stop

Kilcoo start anymore bralls? Laverty still diving when 1-on-1 with keeper? Whole mgt team still stupidly mic'd up?

Do you care to elaborate?? That is a brave accusation, I have been to a few of the games and have seen a broken jaw, a broken eye socket and a young lad getting kicked all of whom were wearing Kilcoo jerseys! Kilcoo are not on their own by a far way in starting bralls

Not funny how both brawls were began when kilcoo were winning? Hardly an "accusation" when it happens over again & again.. I'm all for siege mentality, but actions are vulgar.. Prime example, Laverty 1-on-1 with  keeper, literally jumped into the air (classic diver), ref said play on.. Low and behold he was rolling around clutching his face, seen was play on, magically resumed play...... 

elk

Quote from: Stevie Nicks on June 08, 2018, 03:55:57 PM
Quote from: our_fella on June 07, 2018, 01:56:50 PM
Quote from: downjim on June 06, 2018, 10:48:31 PM
Bridge shit themselves again tonight with the game in their hands with ten to go
Kilcoo be hard to stop

Kilcoo start anymore bralls? Laverty still diving when 1-on-1 with keeper? Whole mgt team still stupidly mic'd up?

Do you care to elaborate?? That is a brave accusation, I have been to a few of the games and have seen a broken jaw, a broken eye socket and a young lad getting kicked all of whom were wearing Kilcoo jerseys! Kilcoo are not on their own by a far way in starting bralls
That must be the pure white jerseys

our_fella

Took in ballyholland v Rostrevor last night. Great game. Rostrevor storming back at end. Bad wides by both teams. Ref didn't have it easy on that tight pitch. Young rushe looks a good player.

Side note, is poucher really our saviour?  Spend half the time running on the field to give abuse to the ref. Is this really who we want running our line? Plus his extreme puke football is hard to watch

downjim

Sky blues new nickname the blue shirts

snoopdog

My god what a shambles. Disgraceful display. When will Down ever learn. Eamonn will surely go after the qualifiers. But who would want it.

Ambrose

Credit to Donegal they are a well organised side, but that was very poor today from Down.  1-08 to 0-00 at one stage and the scoreline still flattered us.  We were beaten all over the park and you would have thought Donegal had the extra man for most of the game and not Down.

I'm sure people at county board level and above will tell us that we are getting great value for money but it is really hard to watch the same sh*te over and over again and still come back for more. We've been relegated to Division 3 and other than an unimpressive win over Antrim that's it for another year. Division 4 beckons if we cannot open our eyes and see that we have as many problems off the field as we have on it. Until we rid ourselves of the nodding dogs and the man in the untouchable job for life on £50 grand a year and all his cronies and yes men then we may as well do a Ballyholland and promote the soccer.

Of course there could really be a long term plan and we are investing in Ballykinlar so we can hide out in a nuclear bunker each and every summer for the next 50 years but other than that I cannot see any plan for the future. If Poacher has any sense he'll stay in Carlow. If Down had any sense..........
You can't live off history and tradition forever

SHEEDY

that has to be one of the worst ever displays from a down team in the ulster championship. men against boys stuff for most of the match and that was with down having a man extra. mooney and darren o'hagan the only players to emerge with any credit. dont know where we go from here.
nil satis nisi optimum

Ambrose

That'll be 25 years and counting since we last won an Ulster title at senior level. If you had said that leaving Clones in 94 you'd have been given a job as county secretary.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

guevara

The same average players get picked year in year out. Too many passengers who are anonymous in Down Club Football but who somehow seem to make The County Panel year after year.

McKernan, McArdle, Turley all need to go. Good servants but being selected on past memories.

Does this Management Team actually watch Club Football or opposing Counties?  It is embarassing and a disgrace!

The fact players would rather play for their Club than represent their County sums up the state of Down Football at the minute!  Shambles
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Smurfy123

That simply was not good enough. To many passengers on the team who would not get on most ulster teams. That's our worst defeat ever to Donegal

Reid.5 Kickouts were shocking. What have they been at in training
Flanagan.5 Big step up. Not good enough
McArdle. 5 Wasn't good enough to get on teams 5 years ago
Doherty. 5 Had a good league big step up today and failed badly
O Hagen 6 Battled hard. One of better players but away off where he was last year
MCParland 5 Had to go off at half time. Has had a poor campaign and the captain role doesn't suit him on such a high level
Mooney 7 Downs best player tried to drive them forward but little support
Turley 4 Great player for Down but he is not up to this level anymore
Donnelly 5 took his goal well but was cleaned out
Millar 4 Had am off day but has proved to be a decent player
Maginn. 6 Some lovely points
McKernan 4 No where to be seen again when teams get on top he hides
Millar 5 good start but then a silly black card
Harrison 7 done well when ball came in. Fighting a lone battle
O Hare 6 few good points but not a top forward when comes to ulster players

Subs did not make an impact
Big decisions lie ahead. Is it time for poacher to step up?
Terrible 3 years under Burns
2 relegations
2 of our heaviest defeats in history
More a less out of everything and not even mid June

Targetman

I don't like criticising anyone who commits to playing for or managing Down but enough is enough, that today was an embarrassment, we didn't score for 20 minutes and by that stage the game was over, as for our kickouts what the hell was going on there apart from every one going to a Donegal player,,no heart no spirit no fight against a team playing in 3rd gear, its definitely time to change the management but I honestly don't know who would want the job after watching that shite, and to rub salt into the wounds the u20's blow a 10 point lead to get beat, Brutal!!

Mourne Red

To be fair to the u20s the referee rode them to Timbuktu and back, all game from not giving a black card and give a throw up when Down player spoke back.. Wind went out of are sails then, Pierce Laverty played very well.. As for seniors, though before the match Donegal would win but played us off the park. Harrison, O'Hare and Mooney didn't stop all day by far are best performers.. Kickouts were atrocious, Turley standing in the middle putting his hand up and not running isn't a strategy, his 2nd last game for Down I'd say.

urbangael

Serious clear out needed starting with the co board then the manager and half the squad. Down are as low as they've been in a long time. Not much pride in the jersey there today with lads not even trying.

Smurfy123

Who will be next in line urban? Deegan's probably the last of the 91/94 era who has not got a go at the big one. Will he step up to the plate?