Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speculative

6th Sam, honestly don't see your logic there. In terms of attracting neutrals I would argue that the Bridge/Ford game will have a bigger pull than all others if it was on in Newry. Placing it in Downpatrick reduces the neutral attendance considerably. I think there is another issue here that the county board hasn't considered, if you went and asked any of the ford or bridge lads where they wanted to play I would say 99% of them would have wanted the game to be in Pairc Esler. Bit of anti climax for these lads who have qualified for a 1/4 final and seeing all other teams get rewarded with a game in Newry apart from them.

ranch

When's the next round of Junior championship games on? Doesn't seem to be much talk about it.

DownFanatic

Quote from: ranch on August 25, 2014, 06:30:06 PM
When's the next round of Junior championship games on? Doesn't seem to be much talk about it.

Quarters of JFC on same weekend as SFC and IFC.

Dromara v Kilclief
Drumaness v Dundrum
Killyleagh v St Paul's
Aughlisnafin v Bright

Predictor

Quote from: ranch on August 25, 2014, 06:30:06 PM
Why is it that the junior championship games are always the last of the three championships to be given venues/dates/times
why can't all SFC/IFC/JFC games be given dates/venues/times at the same time

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Predictor on August 25, 2014, 10:06:33 PM
Why is it that the junior championship games are always the last of the three championships to be given venues/dates/times
why can't all SFC/IFC/JFC games be given dates/venues/times at the same time

It is not the work of a minute to determine double-header viability, pitch suitability, pitch availability and pitch booking for multiple tiers.

Better that they take a day or two to try and get it right than rush it and make a balls of it.
i usse an speelchekor

supersub

Surely you have to wait until the leagues are over and the playoffs have been played to post this?

washed_up

i would have thought so as well- or has the play-off relegation/promotion idea been dropped?

supersub

Pretty sure Saval have to beat Rostrevor on Friday night to avoid a play off!

Predictor

rite then could someone please tell what way the promotion and relegation works as it seems i have it wrong. Cheers

5 Sams

Quote from: Predictor on August 27, 2014, 11:02:50 AM
rite then could someone please tell what way the promotion and relegation works as it seems i have it wrong. Cheers

Third from last in the first division plays third from top in the second division to see who goes to /stays in the first division.
The Aristocrat Years

Predictor

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 27, 2014, 11:08:43 AM
Quote from: Predictor on August 27, 2014, 11:02:50 AM

Third from last in the first division plays third from top in the second division to see who goes to /stays in the first division.

orite get it now cheers 5 sams

Hedgehunter

Absolutely Robbed.. Cheated by an absolute hallion of a referee.

gaamann

Come on Mayobridge that umpire you had in Glenn tonight is not doing a proud club like yours and favors had what he done happened in any other venue except Glenn he would have been killed for the reputation of all the decent gaels in your club don't let him inside the gate again

general

We have all had our fair share of poor umpire decisions including our own from our club but what I witnessed tonight was blatant cheating.  Glenn were good for a win tonight. The bridge didn't have an answer to Glenn at all. Until the umpire didn't give a wide that was a foot over the line and give the bridge a 45 which was certainly no 45. Leading to bennys goal. That man ought to be appalled with his actions.

5 Sams

Harps beat the county champions tonight to stay up. Great performance. Kilcoo not pleased but they were out fought everywhere . Great night for the club.
The Aristocrat Years