Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardtole

After losing our 1st 9 games. Ardglass have won 5, drew 1 and lost 1 of our last 7 games. We are out of the relegation zone for the first time this year, its still between ourselves and dundrum to see who is in the final relegation spot but I would still expect mitchels and st Johns to go down this year.

No1

Quote from: duffed on September 02, 2011, 10:19:22 PM
Carryduff senior team which started tonight had 12 players who have played for the club since under 10.  Two others are living in Carryduff Sean Mullan (originally from Derry) and James McKernan (originally from Monaghan).  The remaining player is Michael Ennis who plays Hurling for Ballycran.  As they have no football he plays football for Carryduff as hi in laws are all members of our club.  All the subs used tonight have also played for Carryduff since Under 10.  Don't know where you get your facts about "blow ins" but suggest you look at your own club !!!

Think that counts as a bite.
Only the three foreigners then, is that better or worse than your minor hurling team? A Ballycran man eh? Didn't yiz steal the Blaney's from Ballycran aswell? Where have John Lavery and Adrian Scullion gone to anyway?   

duffed

See you didn't answer the question about your own club.  Minor hurlers have only one player from Ballyvarley because they coulndn't field at minor level this year.  All others have come up through the ranks as Carryduff players.  You really shouldn't listen to posts by those who don't know what they are talking about.  Would you rather the Blaneys has been lost to Down football ?  They only played for Carryduff when Ballycran didn't have football.

andunabu

Quote from: No1 on September 01, 2011, 11:45:46 AM
Kilclief keeper saved a last minute penalty.  The most biased refereeing performance I've seen in a long time, sometimes you are up against more than the opposing team in South Down.
Eh were you at the same game I was at?   

On The Side

Poacher.....Have to be fair. Was fairly constraint last night. Was one of his side line that started the hassle and then he got involved. Is he worth this much discussion? Empty vessels make the most noise. From the outside looking in all i can see is a  bluffer. Fair play if hes getting away with it?

NedFlanders

All this bad talk of poacher, this is a discussion board. Not a place were use faceless spineless t**ts can bad mouth someone, pathetic!!

On The Side

Bad talk? if he keeps pushing himself to the forefront instead of people talking about the actual match and the people that matter (i.e. the players) then so be it. He's a side show....
Apart from all this.What a league! Apart from kilcoo and the points they have nothing between the teams on any given day. Must be tightest year in a long time?

extra time

the full ballyholland dugout confronted one of our selectors and to be fair stephen poacher was trying to break it up, but why let the facts get in the way of a good shit stir.  Btw i was very impressed with the way ballyholland have improved as a team. Gone are the days when they played with 1 or 2 extra defenders and relied on counter attacking. They are strong all over the park now , and with murtagh on fire could be the dark horses of the championship.

On The Side

One of the selectors grabbed a Ballyholland player that was on the ground by both hands and told him to get the f**K up!(or words to that affect) think it would get a reaction in front of any home dugout...no need for Poacher to run 20yards with his chest out.Fact! On general terms nothing between the 2 teams but Harps safe and if can stay up for another year or two will hopefully lose the yoyo tag. 

pauly2

Was at Clonduiff v Stone game last night... wow.. a real tight tense affair that needed to g clonduffs way or they were almost certs for the drop.  I think with the spirit they showed last night they can be a handful in the championship next week and they will survive in this league if they get to the playoff....

amallon

Saval gave us our fill of it last night in a good game of football.

Looking at the run-in's for the teams at the bottom there are some very big games to be played between the main protagonists.   

An Riocht  - - Longstone  An Riocht 10/09/2011 16:00 Babhta Twelve 

Rostrevor  - - Clonduff  Rostrevor TBC TBC Babhta Thirteen 
Burren  - - Longstone  Burren TBC TBC Babhta Thirteen 
Bryansford  - - An Riocht  Bryansford TBC TBC Babhta Thirteen

An Riocht  - - Mayobridge  An Riocht TBC TBC Babhta Eighteen 
Longstone  - - Rostrevor  Longstone TBC TBC Babhta Eighteen 
Burren  - - Clonduff  Burren TBC TBC Babhta Eighteen 

Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

DownFanatic

All the Leagues in Down are in for a very exciting finish.

In Div 1 Kilcoo are more or less assured of top spot. Bridge, Burren, Bryansford and Ballyholland then all have have a shout with 2nd and 3rd place.

Saval and Rostrevor should do enough to avoid the bottom three with An Riocht, Longstone and Clonduff battling it out to avoid the bottom relegation spot.

Castlewellan are assured of top spot in Division 2. Downpatrick, Loughinisland and Liatroim are then fighting it out for 2nd and 3rd place.

Relegation is really interesting. Drumgath are gone. Then any two of Shamrocks, Clann na Banna, Warrenpoint, Annaclone or Ballymartin will make up the playoff places.

Division 3 Top 3 are more or less sorted. Kilclief, Carryduff and Tullylish are basically assured of the top end playoffs. They will be fighting it out to get first place. Glenn and Darragh Cross have a very remote chance of catching the top enders and they would need a very unlikely set of results to get up there.

Mitchels are favourites for the automatic drop but they techinically can escape it. St Johns, Ardglass, Dundrum, Atticall and Bosco are all in the mix at that end of the table.

Division 4 is clear cut. Saul, Bredagh and Drumaness are jostling for position in the Top 3.

Square Ball

Saul should and top div 4 barring a disaster somewhere along the line (crosses fingers) with ourselves and Drumaness fighting it out fro the final spot.

think Mitchells and St Johns will be playing in Div 4 next year.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

johnneycool

Quote from: johnneycool on September 02, 2011, 10:00:40 AM

Senior Championship                     
Date            Time            Venue   Referee   Line 1   Line 2   4th Official

Sat  10/9/11   5.00 pm   Loughinisland   v   Clonduff   Downpatrick   C Reynolds    M Brady   P McCartan   A Sharvin

Senior Hurling                     

Sat    10/9/11   3.00 pm   Ballycran   v   Ballygalget   Portaferry   D Magee   D Carr   D Kearns   L Quinn

Busy day for big Magic.

Thankfully the hurling is on first

The big man can get a bit of a breather as our game has been brought forward half an hour with the football put back half an hour. The helicopter has been cancelled.

Duffed, don't be getting wound up by those Kilclief hallions as some of our lads have played football in the past for them and I think now a few are playing minor this year. Another young lad plays for Saul as well.

People in glass houses No1!!!

thecager

St. Patrick's Grammar School in association with Club RedHigh presents

"Night with the Stars"

St. Patrick's Grammar School, Downpatrick

Thursday 15th September @ 7.30pm - £5 per ticket payable at the venue.

To celebrate the opening of our state of the art new school, we are pleased to announce a night of sporting debate, craic and All Ireland Football final analysis, hosted by the BBC's Mark Sidebottom

The panel will include experts who have been involved at the highest level in their chosen sport, including all Ireland winning players, All Stars, International players, and one of the most successful All Ireland winning coaches of all time! The panel will be made up of the following:
Current All Star and Down Footballer Danny Hughes,
Down Manager and Double All Ireland winner James McCartan,
Double All Ireland winning manager and former Ireland manager Pete McGrath,
Former Ireland Rugby International Trevor Ringland,
Former Down Hurler Noel Sands. 

There will also be a draw for 2 All Ireland Final Football Tickets.
For further information contact Declan Morgan or Darren Swail on 02844619722