All Ireland Gaelic Football Final 2014 Kerry v Donegal

Started by rrhf, August 31, 2014, 10:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluestackBoy

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on September 19, 2014, 05:48:43 PM
Galway fans only start appearing once they get to an AI final, in football or hurling

Donegal to Limerick is a lot farther than Mayo to Limerick. A trip to Galway would be no problem.

This year we played Derry in Derry, Monaghan in Monaghan & Dublin in Dublin. 

You play where you're sent, if you're good enough you win, if you're not you don't.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Can we just have Mayo posters (or at least those incapable of moving on) banned from the thread? Getting idiotic at this stage.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

From the Bunker

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on September 19, 2014, 08:48:18 PM
Can we just have Mayo posters (or at least those incapable of moving on) banned from the thread? Getting idiotic at this stage.

Apologies ----- Sorted!

Crete Boom

Don't know if this has been put up already but from gaa.ie here is the Kerry team ;

KERRY (SF v Donegal): Brian Kelly; Marc Ó Sé, Aidan O'Mahony, Fionn Fitzgerald; Paul Murphy, Peter Crowley, Killian Young; Anthony Maher, David Moran; Stephen O'Brien, Johnny Buckley, Donnchadh Walsh; Paul Geaney, Kieran Donaghy, James O'Donoghue.

Interesting full back line and for me they are a bit suspect under the high ball? Will Fitzgerald start back there or will he swap with Young/Murphy. Will Donaghy stay in at 14 or move out the field with O'Brien moving in closer to goal. I think O'Brien's pace ( and eye for goal) could be more useful at the start of the game anyway with Donaghy moving in later on. The McGees are tough men though so maybe Donaghy will be needed to add a bit of beef in there to keep them occupied. Buckley, Moran and Maher will be expected to do the heavy lifting in the middle I suppose?

Syferus

O'Mahony was way out the field the last day. Could just be just Fitzmaurice doing his best Jimmy impersonation naming Fitzgerald there.

I guess Fitzmaurice was as unhappy with Enright as Mayo supporters were.

Family guy

Any links or streams to watch the game,on holidays but the wifi isn't too bad so could maybe pick it up

Syferus

Quote from: bcarrier on September 20, 2014, 08:35:34 AM
Donegal spy

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/donegal-spy-is-revealed-as-close-friend-of-mcguinness-30601800.html

QuoteAs the spying controversy continued in the run-up to tomorrow's All-Ireland final, there were counter-allegations last night from the Donegal camp that unknown people were recording their training sessions before speeding off when challenged.

This is a wonderful sport.

manfromdelmonte

I predict Donegal will go even more defensive for this.
It will be low scoring.

Mayo Mick

Kerry should win handily enough - 6/7+.  Dubs should have put Donegal away in first 20 mins and had they taken their chances there would have been no Donegal comeback.

This is a far better Kerry team than even I had given them credit and even though they had Reilly in Limerick to help them they were impressive in both games. They have players with ability to vary the game and are far less predictable than the Dubs. If Kerry take their chances this game could be over with 15 mins to go and the Gooch may even appear for a few mins.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Mayo Mick on September 20, 2014, 11:19:14 AM
Kerry should win handily enough - 6/7+.  Dubs should have put Donegal away in first 20 mins and had they taken their chances there would have been no Donegal comeback.

This is a far better Kerry team than even I had given them credit and even though they had Reilly in Limerick to help them they were impressive in both games. They have players with ability to vary the game and are far less predictable than the Dubs. If Kerry take their chances this game could be over with 15 mins to go and the Gooch may even appear for a few mins.
Kerry beat ye fair and square. Mayo had chances to win it and bottled it.
Get over it.

highorlow

Don't understand "experts" in todays papers going for a Kerry win.

Donegal will have this game wrapped up by 4:30 tomorrow. They will stifle kerry inside forwards and thus kill their main scoring threats. I can see Donegal killing that kerry fb line with high balls. Donegal by a comfortable 5, after a tight and niggley first half. Hope both teams try and remain disciplined!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

BluestackBoy

I see most of the papers going for a Kerry win tomorrow.

Some people never learn..............
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

It's Comortas peile na Gaeltachta/Gaeltarta tomorrow.
Bomaite vs Caid

Bomaite to win
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU