Kevin McStay
50 (50.5%)
A.N. Other
29 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Tubberman

Quote from: stephenite on September 20, 2014, 09:57:34 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on September 20, 2014, 09:45:27 PM
tbh I'd view McHale as a liability so can see why CB were hesitant about that (if that particular rumour is correct).

http://www.mayogaa.com/news/339505/Statement_Re_Mayo_Senior_Football_Team_Manager

Why?

Because he likes talking to the media too much, and he's not smart about it. He gives ammo to the opposition and he also keeps bringing it back to himself and 96.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

muppet

Quote from: larryin89 on September 21, 2014, 02:38:41 AM
Split Dublin they said more like split mayo for the sake of peace. Thanks be to christ im not from a big club down home, they're all full of their own importance and the bias is just incredible.  Id be more concerned about yer Kiltane defeat today than stickin yer head up your arse over the adopted rossies failed bid for the hot seat.

Connelly deserves our support.

I am from a 'big club'.

Our manager has been appointed.

I am not overwhelmed by the appointment. Please explain my 'bias'.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on September 21, 2014, 08:44:00 AM
Quote from: stephenite on September 20, 2014, 09:57:34 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on September 20, 2014, 09:45:27 PM
tbh I'd view McHale as a liability so can see why CB were hesitant about that (if that particular rumour is correct).

http://www.mayogaa.com/news/339505/Statement_Re_Mayo_Senior_Football_Team_Manager

Why?

Because he likes talking to the media too much, and he's not smart about it. He gives ammo to the opposition and he also keeps bringing it back to himself and 96.

Surely that's the media and Mayo themselves that are at fault for continually losing the big one and continually asking him about it, not McHale? I think you're being very harsh on one of your most popular players of all-time.

I highly doubt he enjoys talking about 1996. I know it took Dermot Earley 20 years before he could even watch the 1980 final, I can't imagine how bad 1996 and an even nearer miss hurts for him. What was it, McHale had been on the losing side in ten AI finals before Brigids won the club AI last year. That's some hurt locker for one man. I don't think there's many men who could be more motivated to get Mayo over the line.

Ah, sure he can concentrate on getting Brigids some more titles now.

macdanger2

Quote from: muppet on September 21, 2014, 09:15:10 AM
Split Dublin they said more like split mayo for the sake of peace. Thanks be to christ im not from a big club down home, they're all full of their own importance and the bias is just incredible.  Id be more concerned about yer Kiltane defeat today than stickin yer head up your arse over the adopted rossies failed bid for the hot seat.

I am from a 'big club'.

Are you not a Castlebar man mup??

muppet

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 21, 2014, 10:00:44 AM

I am from a 'big club'.

Yip. Pat was our manager up to earlier this year.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

I'm from a 'big club', well I like to think of us as big enough anyway. I too share muppet's sentiment. This whole malarkey of getting behind people for the sake of getting behind them grates with me big time too by the way.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

heffo

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 20, 2014, 08:08:21 PM
Apparently CB wouldn't have Lord Liam as no 2 and McStay pulled out. Fair play to McStay for not turning.

As per my post from Friday!

Rossfan

Is there any way ye Mayowestros bucks can ban Syfín from slabbering all over ye on this Board?
He's a total embarrassment to us all. :-[ :-[
I think ye're in for a few leaner years now in Connacht and hopefully we can try and fill the gap somewhat.
However it may take us a few years yet to do so( till we dispense with some of our older/overrated lads) so I expect the Herrins to make hay for the next 2 years  :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Quote from: muppet on September 21, 2014, 11:18:31 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 21, 2014, 10:00:44 AM

I am from a 'big club'.

Yip. Pat was our manager up to earlier this year.

Was the "big club" thing a typo so or what??  ;D ;D

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on September 21, 2014, 12:01:42 PM
Is there any way ye Mayowestros bucks can ban Syfín from slabbering all over ye on this Board?
I think ye're in for a few leaner years now in Connacht and hopefully we can try and fill the gap somewhat.
However it may take us a few years yet to do so( till we dispense with some of our older/overrated lads) so I expect the Herrins to make hay for the next 2 years  :-\

Mother of god ,  how long more are ye going to be saying ''in another few years'' ? Mental stuff. Its the stuff of generations now at this stage , next years minors will not remember Ross ever beating Mayo at senior level.

Oh and Btw we have a mighty  chance of retaining the nestor next year albeit a first year for new management and patience will be needed. It will probably take  2/3 years before we are winning in croker again.

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Chimley

I wonder who will be brought in for a chance now given the clubs that the new management come from. Crowe has been mentioned and I remember him as a promising minor. Kirby and Durcan from Castlebar too.

macdanger2

What club is Crowe from??

Surely a couple of last year's minors will be in the frame. Hall from Breaffy looked v good

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: larryin89 on September 21, 2014, 03:00:48 PM

Mother of god ,  how long more are ye going to be saying ''in another few years'' ? Mental stuff. Its the stuff of generations now at this stage , next years minors will not remember Ross ever beating Mayo at senior level.

Oh and Btw we have a mighty  chance of retaining the nestor next year albeit a first year for new management and patience will be needed. It will probably take  2/3 years before we are winning in croker again.
Anyone older than 45 can remember Mayo not beating Roscommon during the 70s.
What's your point?

larryin89

''Anyone older than 45 can remember Mayo not beating Roscommon during the 70s.
What's your point?''

Whatever, my two points were , im hearing from rossies for an eternity about this '' in a few years time '' shite. Sure its bound to happen sometime if ye keep saying it for 14 years plus i suppose.

My other point was a valid one unlike yours which is invalid. 1975 im told.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on September 21, 2014, 03:00:48 PM

Patience my hole Larry. We ve a team at its peak still. In 2/3 years Dillon, Andy and Higgins may no longer be about.

The only thing that has prevented us winning at least 1 AI last 3 years was a bit of extra savvy tactically against the top managers.
Today s game showed how close we were/are. But anybody that thinks we would have won today against Donegal needs to lie down for themselves. As good as Horan was he was not in the same league as McGuiness or Fitzmaurice when it comes to getting tactics right. Fitzmaurice today outfoxed McGuinness and that takes doing.

We need a manager that can match likes of these top other managers. Can Connelly do this? I dunno about him but I do know Pat Holmes can t. Why does Connelly need Holmes along anyway?
I d have no gripe with Connelly getting his shot but not the other guy again. This is the best Mayo team I ve ever seen. But this looks like a shotgun appointment. Shows lack of ambition by the clubs/board and this bunch of players may well go now the way of other golden generations we had.
And like Farr. said earlier, spare us the old guff of getting behind the new management.
Hopefully this will turn out to be an inspired appointment. Mayo teams/fans  deserve as much expertise as Donegal, Dublin or Kerry.
Maybe we re getting it but I doubt it very much.