Ulster Minor Football Club Championship 2014 (at Saint Pauls)

Started by drici, August 27, 2014, 11:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Well done Southern Gaels. Hopefully they'll be able to keep the ball kicked out to Watty Grahams in the final.

Was it a straight red for the sending off?

Beo

Is Canamhaint mé.

DownFanatic

Really hate to see amalgamations in a competition like this. Hope St Paul's do the right thing and don't allow amalgamated winners entry in the future.

Any craic

Itchy

Quote from: DownFanatic on December 26, 2014, 03:31:41 PM
Really hate to see amalgamations in a competition like this. Hope St Paul's do the right thing and don't allow amalgamated winners entry in the future.

More soar losers. Take your bearing like a man and stop crying.

Population co down, 530,000. Assumed half are unionist = 265,000. 48 clubs in Down so 5500 per each club.

Population Cavan 73,000. 39 clubs so 1870 per club.

Clearly Down have can unfair advantage on Cavan and should be kicked out of all these tournaments as their clubs are on average  4 times larger than their Cavan equivalent.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Itchy on December 26, 2014, 04:41:49 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on December 26, 2014, 03:31:41 PM

More soar losers. Take your bearing like a man and stop crying.

Population co down, 530,000. Assumed half are unionist = 265,000. 48 clubs in Down so 5500 per each club.

Population Cavan 73,000. 39 clubs so 1870 per club.

Clearly Down have can unfair advantage on Cavan and should be kicked out of all these tournaments as their clubs are on average  4 times larger than their Cavan equivalent.

40 Clubs Itchy,so your maths are wrong  ;D
2 small country clubs, with barely a decent pick between them(with half of Gowna's parish playing in Longford) and they have an unfair advantage.
I hope you all whingers(especially the Belfast one) enjoyed this result.

Westside

Great win for the Southern Gaels lads. And now a chance to test themselves against the very best in the final. Thomas Galligan with another commanding performance I hear. Jerome Quinn has marked him as his player of the tournament so far.

Any craic

I have! He's been brilliant in all four games though he now has an injury. Here's my video report from today: Black cards, lucky goals, great goals & lots of rain. http://jeromequinnmedia.com/video/St-Pauls-201415/Southern-Gaels/Match-Report---Southern-Gaels-2-8-Burren-1-8-1414

Mourne Rover

Itchy, your spelling of `soar losers' is about as reliable as your take on the GAA in Down. We officially have 48 clubs, but four are hurling only and one on the football side stopped fielding during the season, so 43 would be closer to the mark.

More to the point, it is difficult to see how you can assume that Down is 50/50 between unionists and nationalists. North Down borough council, for example, which includes the densely populated Bangor area, has one GAA club in its entire district.

Congratulations on Southern Gaels on their win today, but there are large parts of Co Down where it is very difficult to draw a valid comparison with a staunch GAA heartland like Cavan.

Itchy

Mourne River,sorry about the spelling. Didn't have census to hand so split Down 50:50, should it be 60:40 well if so fair enough. By reducing the amount of  clubs the ratio of people to club goes up making my case stronger. This idea that some howcsiutherb Gaels are at an advantage is a joke and its only when they win that the moaning starts here.

east down gael

MR,don't think itchy was having a go at Down,but just replying to DF,using the numbers in Down as an example. And you'd have to say its hard to argue with his logic there. From the posts from Cavan it doesn't seem like these two clubs joined up in an opportunist manner,more that they had to in order to field. If that is the case,and the team happens to be strong,more power to them.(on a tangent,and I'm not trying to wind up cross or burren,but both have taken players from outside their parish boundaries in recent years.) Most of the negative comments re Southern Gaels come across as sour grades if you ask me.

OgraAnDun

As a member of the losing panel yesterday I think Down Fanatic needs to wise up. If an amalgamation has to be done, it has to be done. Congratulations to Southern Gaels and best of luck in the final.

Nigel White

Fair play to you young fella. Whoever you are you're a credit to your family and community for displaying such a sporting attitude.

drici