Ulster Minor Football Club Championship 2014 (at Saint Pauls)

Started by drici, August 27, 2014, 11:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Why the issue with it? It gives players a chance of playing at a high standard rather then going alone in Divison 2 or Divison  3 Minor Championship.

Not all Clubs are amalgamted - Ramor weren't an amalgamation last year. They were hit by a flu bug before the Silverbridge Semi last year, I think they would have the Ulster Minor Club otherwise

It also helps the County Minor and U21 teams - amalgamations..

bigball

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 16, 2014, 02:06:45 PM
Why the issue with it? It gives players a chance of playing at a high standard rather then going alone in Divison 2 or Divison  3 Minor Championship.

Not all Clubs are amalgamted - Ramor weren't an amalgamation last year. They were hit by a flu bug before the Silverbridge Semi last year, I think they would have the Ulster Minor Club otherwise

Maybe so but I doubt it. Glen played Ramor in a challenge last year and put 20 points on them.

rodney trotter

They did - but that was a challenge game, I also doubt Ramor weren't at full strenght as good as Glen are were..

Walter Cronc

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 16, 2014, 02:27:44 PM
They did - but that was a challenge game, I also doubt Ramor weren't at full strenght as good as Glen are were..

Come on now Rodney. Yes we may have beat Silverbridge by 5 or so in the final but we were miles the better side and bar a dubious penalty would have won by more!

bigball

maybe had a flu bug as well?

the dodger

No real issue with it - don't care either way.
Just think it goes against the ethos of the our games. Some clubs have no choice due to lack of numbers - that's fair enough.

nrico2006

Glen weren't getting beat by anybody last year.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Westside

Quote from: the dodger on December 16, 2014, 03:14:30 PM

No real issue with it - don't care either way.
Just think it goes against the ethos of the our games. Some clubs have no choice due to lack of numbers - that's fair enough.

Neither club would be fielding a minor team alone, Lacken or Gowna. Same with a few amalgamations in Cavan. Dernacrieve are the same every year and Drumport in recent years.

rodney trotter

Quote from: bigball on December 16, 2014, 03:07:44 PM

maybe had a flu bug as well?

Flu during the summer?

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 16, 2014, 02:36:05 PM

Come on now Rodney. Yes we may have beat Silverbridge by 5 or so in the final but we were miles the better side and bar a dubious penalty would have won by more!

well i wasn't at the final. Ramor were unlucky to lose to Silverbridge after extra time, w, they were unlucky to have been hit by that bug beforehand so would have been interesting if they were at full health ,anyways thats all in hindsight.
Looked the better team against Silverbridge

Any craic

Will these boys finally beat Wattys? See match action, in-goal shots and interviews from Donaghmoyne and Erne Gaels, and a look ahead to Sunday's Semi-final with Watty Grahams..
http://jeromequinnmedia.com/video/St-Pauls-201415/Donaghmoyne/Donaghmoyne-are-up-for-Wattys-1405

drici

Crossmaglen Rangers(Armagh) 0-00     Southern Gaels(Cavan) 0-00

drici

Crossmaglen Rangers(Armagh) 1-00     Southern Gaels(Cavan) 1-02

drici

Crossmaglen Rangers(Armagh) 1-00     Southern Gaels(Cavan) 1-03

drici

Crossmaglen Rangers(Armagh) 1-01     Southern Gaels(Cavan) 1-03