Budget for a day out in Headquarters?

Started by From the Bunker, August 26, 2014, 10:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 26, 2014, 04:56:46 PM
I bring my own sambos, crisps drinks etc for kids .............................

There's some difference between big matches in the Chosen Land and the US. My friend and I were at a college football game and had to show the security guards everything in our bags and chuck any food or liquids. We have it very laid back and easy here.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Syferus on August 26, 2014, 04:59:58 PM

There's some difference between big matches in the Chosen Land and the US. My friend and I were at a college football game and had to show the security guards everything in our bags and chuck any food or liquids. We have it very laid back and easy here.

Long may it continue ................................... the food in croke park is turdish shite, no proteim milk or free range chicken on whole grain bread and some grapes whilst looking thru monocle at AOSe meaty thighs

Farrandeelin

As little as possible :D. €25 travel, €40 for ticket, €5 programme. Maybe €2 or thereabouts for a bottle of water. Add on €20 for food.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyCake

Quote from: Syferus on August 26, 2014, 04:33:21 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 26, 2014, 04:02:38 PM
Quote from: southdown on August 26, 2014, 11:25:31 AM
I got 3 coffees, 3 crisps and a sandwich on Sunday in Croker, 22 euro :(

You could make a lot of ham sandwiches for 22 euro!

I'd say it's the ticket prices that puts most people off going to big matches these days. The average man is being priced out of supporting his county.

The average man would want to go to another major sport event in the country before he starts thinking that.

Such as...?

Thisonegoesto11

Quote from: Syferus on August 26, 2014, 04:59:58 PM

Definitely very easy going and a more enjoyable experience for that. When going with a few kids ,we bring practically a full picnic with us. Never an issue and a lot cheaper than if I had to buy them drinks etc at the stadium.

Champ15

I remember going to the AI Club final as a kid in 99 to watch our club play and my mother made a whole picnic of chicken wings sausage roll sandwiches bars of chocolate and crisps...i  made a pig of myself eating them in Croker and got sick a few times on the bus on the way home........great day out ;D
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Champ15

I remember it vividly Jinxy all the more so coz we lost!
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

Sidney

Quote from: hardstation on August 26, 2014, 10:01:23 PM
Can't believe nobody has mentioned the price of cocaine these days.
Dublin supporters' cocaine is subsidised by the GAA to make it more affordable for us. This is yet another unfair advantage we have as opposed to rest of the country.

Aaron Boone

I haven't purchased a match programme in a while, they just don't appeal any more.

You could put a bet on the match result as well, and win your expenses back. That's what Niall Carew did last weekend :)

magpie seanie

Never buy a match programme any more and alway bring the ham sambos etc with me. Hate queueing up to be robbed in Croker for crap food. The drink is ok relatively (a little more expensive than the norm, slightly worse than you'd get in a pub).

Hope these train strikes get sorted....

BennyCake

Programs are pointless these days. The lineups are never correct. And they're way too expensive.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: BennyCake on August 27, 2014, 04:34:54 PM
Programs are pointless these days. The lineups are never correct. And they're way too expensive.

Plus someone usually tweets a picture of the line ups so you can get the subs numbers that way.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on August 27, 2014, 04:34:54 PM

True they are very expensive considering content. Handy for Minor games as most of the players (especially the opposition) can be unknowns. They are great to come across years later and you see who was on what minor team etc. As for the senior, with the way most Intercounty managers are going with releasing starting teams, you need to bring a pen with allot of ink.

Syferus

Secretly don't mind their hot dogs  :-X

The 'gourmet' burgers in the premium level, though..