'Punch a Jew' GAA star in criminal investigation

Started by Agent Orange, August 20, 2014, 11:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on August 20, 2014, 04:00:43 PM
In fairness to McGuigan

-95% of Israeli Jews support the carnage
-The Jewish Chronicle was forced to refuse to carry an ad for humanitarian relief for Gaza because it would upset advertisers
-You are not allowed to criticize Israel as it is anti-Semitic to do so

And a lot of people are sickened by what Israel is doing 
He would have been better off saying "punch a Zionist"

He'd have been better off saying nothing, or punch a person who dabbles in dog fighting.......
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Club Rossa

"Punch a Moortown man" would have been more appropiate :P

give her dixie

Silly mistake by Tommy, and no doubt it was posted after a few drinks. A few of us guilty of that now and again !!

However, we live in a world where news about sports stars and media celebs is deemed more news worthy than real news.

I opened the Irish News yesterday and there was a photo of Tommy and an article on what his tweet said. I was furious
because for nearly 2 years I have been trying to get a story on West Belfast based Caterpillar, their profitting from the illegal
Occupation, the full support they receive from ALL the main parties at Stormont, and how all UK taxpayes recently subsudized them to the tune of £1.6 million. They continually refuse, yet they feel a story about Tommy McGuigan's tweet is newsworthy?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

BennyCake

Quote from: Club Rossa on August 20, 2014, 04:08:50 PM
"Punch a Moortown man" would have been more appropiate :P

Why not just extend that to "punch a Tyrone man"  ;D

theticklemister

McGuigan is a toolbag for saying this. Not all Jews support the carnage thats going on. This makes him come across as uneducated and racist.

BennyCake

Quote from: theticklemister on August 20, 2014, 04:16:25 PM
McGuigan is a toolbag for saying this. Not all Jews support the carnage thats going on. This makes him come across as uneducated and racist.

Time for Tommy to invite a few Jews (and a Maori) to an "I'm not an anti-semitist" slide show in Ardboe I reckon. But take down the Nazi flags before bringing them back for the house party.

theticklemister

Quote from: BennyCake on August 20, 2014, 04:22:50 PM

Time for Tommy to invite a few Jews (and a Maori) to an "I'm not an anti-semitist" slide show in Ardboe I reckon. But take down the Nazi flags before bringing them back for the house party.

I really dont know what is funny about this

johnneycool

Quote from: theticklemister on August 20, 2014, 04:28:50 PM

I don't think its meant to be funny, but its pretty close to what a politician would be doing to save face!

Keyser soze

Quote from: johnneycool on August 20, 2014, 04:38:31 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on August 20, 2014, 04:28:50 PM

I don't think its meant to be funny, but its pretty close to what a politician would be doing to save face!

Or a reference to Fr Ted.

Bensars

Forget about all this...he upset a bunch of muck Savages (or is it Savai ?) the same time Jim Allister  was on about the wearing of the jerseys, in reference  to the ladies wearing jerseys for social occassions.  Now thats a bunch you dont want to mess with !

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: give her dixie on August 20, 2014, 04:11:53 PM
Silly mistake by Tommy, and no doubt it was posted after a few drinks. A few of us guilty of that now and again !!

Ah yeah, just a silly mistake. Like how you found yourself visiting Nazi websites like barnesreview.org .........after a few drinks I suppose ?

theticklemister

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 20, 2014, 06:19:06 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on August 20, 2014, 04:11:53 PM

Ah yeah, just a silly mistake. Like how you found yourself visiting Nazi websites like barnesreview.org .........after a few drinks I suppose ?

Ah come on GHD , your an intelligent man whose posts I enjoy and support; however this is totally obscene.

thejuice

The Jews are a resilient bunch, I'm sure they'll recover from this heinous attack.

And sure if they feel threatened by the odd ill-judged tweet by some obscure individual they can be rest assured there's always the safety of their middle eastern home where they'll be kept at a safe distance from such barbed words and stinging diatribes.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

muppet

Resilient bunch or not, it was still a daft thing to do.

A Punch a Prod for Loughlinisland or punch a Taig for Warrington type comment, would have been equally stupid.

I am glad he saw sense though and apologised.
MWWSI 2017

thejuice

No, something equally stupid would be if say during the troubles some unknown individual from Outer Mongolia or burkina fasa decided to have a rant about one of our warring tribes and someone with plenty more to worry about actually went out of their way to take offence to it and someone else actually considered it newsworthy.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016