Ulster IFC and JFC Club Championships 2014

Started by DownFanatic, August 13, 2014, 04:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

IFC

Preliminary Round - October 19th
Cootehill (Cavan) v Portglenone (Antrim)

Quarter Final - November 2nd
Warrenpoint (Down) v Dungannon (Tyrone)
Castledawson (Derry) v Cloughaneely (Donegal)
St Paul's (Armagh) v Derrylin (Fermanagh)
Inniskeen (Monaghan) v Cootehill (Cavan)

Semi Final - November 16th
Warrenpoint (Down) v Cloughaneely (Donegal)
Derrylin (Fermanagh) v Inniskeen (Monaghan)

Final - November 30th

JFC

Quarter Final - November 2nd
Moneymore (Derry) v Rock (Tyrone)
Drumaness (Down) v St Malachy's (Antrim)
Keady (Armagh) v Drumhowan (Monaghan)
Arva (Cavan) v Urris (Donegal)

Semi Final - November 16th
Rock (Tyrone) v Drumaness (Down)
Keady (Armagh) v Urris (Donegal)

Final - November 29th/30th

drici

elk

Quote from: PAULD123 on October 19, 2014, 09:29:07 AM
Quote from: elk on October 15, 2014, 11:34:30 AM
Are there any betting odds available for the Ulster Intermediate championship? After watching Warrenpoint's performance on Sunday and with one of their better players to come back in after suspension, I wouldn't mine getting a few quid on them to win Ulster.

Tyrone Clubs have won 3 of the last six titles and were runners up in another, plus two All-Ireland's. If Warrenpoint can overcome Dungannon then they will have a very realistic shot at the title. But that title attempt could be dead in the water next Sunday when a club from one of Ireland's strongest club intermediate championships comes calling to Newry.

i wouldn't be holding out any optimism until after the final whistle next Sunday, only then will we have any idea where Warrenpoint might be placed
Just looked at the Paddy Power website for the intermediate match betting on Sunday. They ain't giving very generous odds on Warrenpoint and Iniskeen to win. Strongly fancy Warrenpoint to win Ulster now they have got over the Dungannon Clarkes hurdle, good young team who play a nice style of attacking football. Although the Donegal lads certain seem to be fit and have a lot of heart judging by their victories at the weekend.

PAULD123

The games:

Warrenpoint (Down) v Cloughaneely (Donegal)
Keady (Armagh) v Urris (Donegal)

have been moved from Dungannon to Clones (I guess due to bad weather affecting the Dungannon pitch)

orangeman

yellowcard

Slaughtneill v Omagh final, would fancy Omagh now that they have the confidence from beating Cross though it should be tight. Fancy Inniskeen in the intermediate, very strong side at this grade although Warrenpoint are decent as well.

TabClear

outinfront

Warrenpoint will take some stopping in IFC.   Drumaness beat by 4 I think.

drici

elk

warrenpoint played alot better than that poor display in the quarter final.exciting young team capable of going all the way.

DownFanatic

Point genuinely capable of an All Ireland IFC title.
With their resources and recent underage success they will probably establish themselves well up in the top division next year.

drici

PAULD123

Quote from: DownFanatic on November 22, 2014, 03:08:18 AM
Point genuinely capable of an All Ireland IFC title.
With their resources and recent underage success they will probably establish themselves well up in the top division next year.

In a competition where you have no idea whatsoever about the standard of your opposition, it is really a case of one-game-at-a-time. Never mind All-Ireland's, does anyone even know the standard of Monaghan intermediate championship? One thing is clear Their champion won the All-Ireland last year,  and Iniskeen won not only this year's Monaghan title, but they also won the division title too. So they are fairly strong in that county.

Noone watches anyone else's intermediate championship, and teams rarely repeat so there is no form to go on and it is impossible to predict.

But it is true Warrenpoint have four players who have played senior county championship football in the last couple of years, and a few that could easily be challenging for a place in the next few years. We are also in a better place going into this final than the one two years ago, and will not face a three time senior All-Ireland winning forward.

But only when the ball is thrown in will we have an indication if it is enough.

drici

Munster Intermediate Football Championship Final
Ardfert(Kerry) 1-12  Valley Rovers(Cork) 1-10

elk

i think warrenpoint will have to have a bad off day for iniskeen to win. just think they are to young and fit  will good football ability to lose. the ref could possible be the most important player for iniskeen!!!!