NCAA at Croke Park - Penn State v UCF

Started by AZOffaly, August 12, 2014, 01:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Not a hope of me going to this one now. College football is all well and good but even the novelty isn't worth missing an AISF for.

AZOffaly

I hope you don't get a ticket for Limerick :D

dec

Quote from: Rossfan on August 13, 2014, 05:43:47 PM
Can anyone find what was the actual wording of the oul Rule 27 abolished in 1971?

"Any member of the Association who plays or encourages in any way rugby, football, hockey or any imported game which is calculated to injuriously affect our National Pastimes, is suspended from the Association."

Rossfan

Quote from: dec on August 25, 2014, 02:29:42 PM
Can anyone find what was the actual wording of the oul Rule 27 abolished in 1971?

"Any member of the Association who plays or encourages in any way rugby, football, hockey or any imported game which is calculated to injuriously affect our National Pastimes, is suspended from the Association."
Football !!!!!!???
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossfan on August 25, 2014, 03:25:40 PM
Quote from: dec on August 25, 2014, 02:29:42 PM

Football !!!!!!???

Must have been written by some of Cyril Farrell's "hurling people" friends.

Gabriel_Hurl

Some crowd for the pep rally

AZOffaly

Yeah there was a great crowd in at it. Bit of craic.

heffo

Was at it, enjoyed it. What was the story with the crowd shouting 'you're welcome' whenever a speaker thanked them?

AZOffaly

No, that's their chant. It's very funny/strange/American.

Speaker : we are....
Crowd : Penn State

S: We Are
C: Penn State

S: WE ARE
C: PENN STATE

S: THANK YOU!
C: YOU'RE WELCOME.

BarryBreensBandage

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

AZOffaly

More of an onlooker, but given Penn States tradition, the fact that their players have had a very hard time these past few years due to events completely out of their control, and given that UCF won a BCS bowl game last year, I think I'll go for Penn State.

UCF are slight favourites too. 4/5 versus 21/20 on Paddy Power. The Vegas line is ucf a. 1 to 2 point favourite.

Hardy

Is that plonker Feherty going to be on the telly again, patronising his native country and generally acting the root?

AZOffaly

rrhf

i think we can win this.  hopefully we get plenty of first and second downs.. if we throw the ball longer and better than them i think we might have an edge.  if we start the game crap we can bring on our 15 subs at the one time and see how they deal with mass substitution.