Donegal v Dublin AISF 31st Aug 2014

Started by StephenC, August 11, 2014, 09:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Who on earth could Ewan MacKenna be referring to on twitter just now? ;D

QuoteLaughing at abuse on various forums today. Just for record, I'm not 'out of work' regardless of poster 'being glad I am'. Hate to disappoint

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on September 01, 2014, 04:48:33 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 01, 2014, 03:23:17 PM
Big gap as well between the top 4 and the also rans.
That sadly is very true.
Makes the All stars quite boring .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Dinny Breen

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 01, 2014, 07:42:27 PM

QuoteLaughing at abuse on various forums today. Just for record, I'm not 'out of work' regardless of poster 'being glad I am'. Hate to disappoint

Ewan is very good poster on the Kildare forum, gets into lots of debates but always presents his arguments well and never resorts to abuse. Had to laugh last night when a Dublin supporter tweeted him to tell him he was unfollowing him, that's like ringing someone to tell them you never going to call them again.

#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

I find him very contrarian and a bit of a know all. Joe Brolly lite.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 01, 2014, 08:46:02 PM
I find him very contrarian and a bit of a know all. Joe Brolly lite.

I don't disagree, just think he's a good poster in that he stirs debate. An articulate Dont Matter so to speak.
#newbridgeornowhere

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on September 01, 2014, 04:48:33 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 01, 2014, 03:23:17 PM
Big gap as well between the top 4 and the also rans.
That sadly is very true.
Armagh and Roscommon got within one point of Donegal,Mayo and Kerry were pushed all the way by Clare. The gap would close if the also rans believed in themselves a bit more.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Dont Matter

Ah it's the salt of the earth Dubs true character coming out for all to see. Scratch the surface and you'll find that level of nastiness amongst many of them.

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 01, 2014, 08:55:41 PM
I don't disagree, just think he's a good poster in that he stirs debate. An articulate Dont Matter so to speak.

Ya got that backwards, Dont Matter can articulate with the best of them.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Gaaboardmod3

squire, that sort of stuff is unacceptable. Cop on.

Don't Matter, your stuff about Alan Brogan is also OTT, and also out of order.

Behave like adults, or get lost.

Donnellys Hollow

I'm amazed at how much fury Ewan can generate amongst the Dubs.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 01, 2014, 10:13:52 PM

In fairness I stopped following him on Twitter (although I didn't tweet to tell him so) because I find his manner very condescending and the tone of his tweets as being overwhelmingly self-regarding and arrogant.

As we used to say up at home, "If he was made of chocolate, he'd give the day eating himself".

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 01, 2014, 10:21:41 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 01, 2014, 10:13:52 PM

In fairness I stopped following him on Twitter (although I didn't tweet to tell him so) because I find his manner very condescending and the tone of his tweets as being overwhelmingly self-regarding and arrogant.

As we used to say up at home, "If he was made of chocolate, he'd give the day eating himself".

I wouldn't be a huge fan myself. He's a decent writer and good interviewer but I wouldn't agree with the content of a lot of his opinion pieces. He seems to take up entrenched positions on a lot of topics for the sake of it.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

WT4E

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 01, 2014, 10:07:04 PM
Ah it's the salt of the earth Dubs true character coming out for all to see. Scratch the surface and you'll find that level of nastiness amongst many

Like the dub supporter I met outside croke park who let a roar out of him on the way out - "come on to f*ck Kerry!' Lol who thinks like that???

INDIANA

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 01, 2014, 08:39:48 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 01, 2014, 07:42:27 PM

Ewan is very good poster on the Kildare forum, gets into lots of debates but always presents his arguments well and never resorts to abuse. Had to laugh last night when a Dublin supporter tweeted him to tell him he was unfollowing him, that's like ringing someone to tell them you never going to call them again.

Arguably the most biased and bitter journalist out there towards us. I could put up an almanac of his work and his agenda against Dublin GAA. Most of them give us a fair go but he's just poison.

I never read any of his bile anymore. As for following him on Twitter I'd be more likely to follow the Israeli Parliament.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

I'm a wee bit behind here but well done Donegal on a superb performance,  great to see. Go on and make sure you get Sam now.

Fuzzman

I think I say this every year but IMHO when it comes down to the last 4, there's a much of a muchness with factors like fitness and workmanship. However I think those who believe that bit stronger have the edge.
You could see the Donegal body language change from F##k we're gonna get hammered here to our tactics to frustrate them is working and now these awesome footballers have doubts and can't kick points from 30 yards now.