Donegal v Dublin AISF 31st Aug 2014

Started by StephenC, August 11, 2014, 09:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 12, 2014, 01:50:42 PM
He can't have done his hamstring too badly if he played on. Must have just been a tweak. A full tear and he'd have been gone.

I think "nick" was the word I saw used. Played on given the occasion,  but they're not sure about him at this point.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: heffo on August 12, 2014, 08:52:52 AM
Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on August 12, 2014, 06:29:23 AM
What's this talk of finances all about?

I think it's to do with the foreign training camp Donegal had. How can the rest of us compete with that?

It's to do with the millions Dublin have spent on a yoga centre of excellence.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: J70 on August 12, 2014, 01:36:24 PM
Apparently Lacey did his hamstring early in the Armagh game and is possibly a doubt for the semi. Thought he was less dominant than usual against Armagh, but hopefully he makes it back to full fitness.  We are up against it either way, but we can't afford to be without him!

He has 3 weeks to be fit & I'd say he'll be fine.

Some man to play 70 mins against Armagh with a dodgy hamstring though. Hate to think where we would be if he had done real damage.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

dublin7

Quote from: BluestackBoy on August 12, 2014, 03:30:31 PM
Apparently Lacey did his hamstring early in the Armagh game and is possibly a doubt for the semi. Thought he was less dominant than usual against Armagh, but hopefully he makes it back to full fitness.  We are up against it either way, but we can't afford to be without him!

Some man to play 70 mins against Armagh with a dodgy hamstring though. Hate to think where we would be if he had done real damage.
If he had done his hamstring early in the game, he would have had to come off or be carried off at some stage. Don't believe a word of mcguinness. Next rumour will be Michael Murphy gets hurt in training, making him a doubt, but against the odds both will start the game against Dublin and finish it as well (unless they pick up an actual injury in the game) and this mysterious knocks will be forgotten

heffo

Quote from: dublin7 on August 12, 2014, 08:02:04 PM

If he had done his hamstring early in the game, he would have had to come off or be carried off at some stage. Don't believe a word of mcguinness. Next rumour will be Michael Murphy gets hurt in training, making him a doubt, but against the odds both will start the game against Dublin and finish it as well (unless they pick up an actual injury in the game) and this mysterious knocks will be forgotten

You can bet your house he'll be 100% for the Dublin game

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

J70

I hope you are right that he will play,  but it is not exactly unheard of for someone to play through a hamstring injury, albeit obviously not a major tear.

yellowcard

This is exactly why you've gotta love McGuinness. Clearly a load of bull about Lacey, impossible to play 70 mins with hamstring trouble if it happened early in the game. I'd expect McGuinness to engage in serious mind games in the lead up to this game. The build up will involve mud slinging, it even started before the quarter final with Devenney predicting a Donegal win over Dublin. McGuinness is not afraid to do whatever it takes to win this game, no matter what anyone thinks. I'd expect a fiercely physical encounter with Donegal ready for war. If McGuinness pulls off a win he will go down as Donegals greatest manager and deserves to be put up there with Boylan and Harte.

From the Bunker

Quote from: yellowcard on August 12, 2014, 08:39:52 PM

This is exactly why you've gotta love McGuinness. Clearly a load of bull about Lacey, impossible to play 70 mins with hamstring trouble if it happened early in the game. I'd expect McGuinness to engage in serious mind games in the lead up to this game. The build up will involve mud slinging, it even started before the quarter final with Devenney predicting a Donegal win over Dublin. McGuinness is not afraid to do whatever it takes to win this game, no matter what anyone thinks. I'd expect a fiercely physical encounter with Donegal ready for war. If McGuinness pulls off a win he will go down as Donegals greatest manager and deserves to be put up there with Boylan and Harte.

In fairness McGuinness and co tried this bull last year with McHugh (and the hole in his muscle the size of a small country). (T)He(y) tried to label Mayo as Conspirators with Monaghan. He called us a cynical team. He played the world is against us card and the whole thing back fired emphatically. I doubt some how he will go to far down that road again.

dublin7

Jim Gavin is too smart to fall for this rubbish. He doesn't even bother with any of these "mind games". Picks his team does his obligitary press conference and  goes out to play the game. Pity McGuinness can't do the same. Will he be confiscating the player's phones for the next 3 weeks so no reporter can ask about the "alledged  injury" :-X

larryin89

Has  Joe McQuillan got this game? (unbelievable)

yellowcard

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 12, 2014, 08:48:50 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 12, 2014, 08:39:52 PM

In fairness McGuinness and co tried this bull last year with McHugh (and the hole in his muscle the size of a small country). (T)He(y) tried to label Mayo as Conspirators with Monaghan. He called us a cynical team. He played the world is against us card and the whole thing back fired emphatically. I doubt some how he will go to far down that road again.

I agree that it backfired but Donegal weren't such huge underdogs last year against Mayo and their aura had slipped after Monaghan beat them into submission. After that defeat they looked demoralised, as though the 2seasons on the road had taken a huge mental and physical toll on them. This time I think it will be different. To have any chance they need to engage Dublin physically, turn it into a dogfight and break Dublins resolve. Without playing at the manic intensity they displayed in 2011/12 they have no chance. McGuinness is qualified enough in psychology to know how to hit the right buttons and if he hadn't engaged in psychological warfare before the Mayo game last year then they still would have got pummelled anyway. It's what he knows best and as a neutral I'm looking forward to it.

J70

Fucks sake lads, you think McGuinness really thinks Dublin will be building their plans around whether ONE Donegal player is fit or not? "I know lads,  let's pretend Karl Lacey has a hamstring twinge.  That'll throw a spanner in the Dublin works!"

Cop yourselves on.

larryin89

Quote from: J70 on August 12, 2014, 09:50:18 PM
f**ks sake lads, you think McGuinness really thinks Dublin will be building their plans around whether ONE Donegal player is fit or not? "I know lads,  let's pretend Karl Lacey has a hamstring twinge.  That'll throw a spanner in the Dublin works!"

Cop yourselves on.

LOL, i agree. There is far more thought goes into the mind games on the forums than actually goes on with the real people, they usually just put the head down and prepare their team  to the best of their ability .

SouthDublinBro