Cork v Tipp, AI Semi Final, 17/08/2014

Started by CorkMan, August 11, 2014, 07:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Callinan and Corbett will get nothing v the Kilkenny backs.

They cannot win enough dirty ball

Farrandeelin

I must say I didn't see that coming, fair play to Tipp. I hope they do the business in 3 weeks time. As seafoid said credit to the manager, there were people in Tipp calling for his head earlier on I believe.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

trileacman

Thought Cork were shocking, twas the worst preformance by an IC hurling side I've ever seen. That includes the teams that Kilkenny used to hammer. Tipp weren't even that good and tanked them.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

seafoid

Quote from: trileacman on August 17, 2014, 05:03:15 PM
Thought Cork were shocking, twas the worst preformance by an IC hurling side I've ever seen. That includes the teams that Kilkenny used to hammer. Tipp weren't even that good and tanked them.
Cork need to buck up underage because they are not the proposition they would have been in the past. Very flaky the last few years since the 06 changing of the guard.

theskull1

Yeah...Cork were brutal. Nothing looked right with them the whole game.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

imtommygunn

Corbett should probably be dropped though obviously not callinan.

Cork were brutal but I don't think they're as bad as that showing. Completely out of it at midfield despite the reckoning they would lord it.

They could easily have won an ai last year and haven't become a bad team overnight. Only about 3 or 4 players showed up.

dowling

Let's be honest, Cork came from no where last year. Looked Like JB was working a bit of magic but didn't happen today. But don't forget where Tipp were a couple of years ago. Obviously the new management has been key to getting them up again. Would Cork lose by the same margin next year? I doubt it. This is def a progressive Cork team but unfortunately Tipp had their homework done. Good management.
Thought Donal og a bit bitter.

seafoid

Quote from: dowling on August 17, 2014, 10:44:41 PM
Let's be honest, Cork came from no where last year. Looked Like JB was working a bit of magic but didn't happen today. But don't forget where Tipp were a couple of years ago. Obviously the new management has been key to getting them up again. Would Cork lose by the same margin next year? I doubt it. This is def a progressive Cork team but unfortunately Tipp had their homework done. Good management.
Cork lost the semifinal in 2012 so they had a bit of croke park experience.

dowling

With everything that has happened in Cork over the last few years it would be a big ask for Cork to be at the top table at the minute.
JB has no doubt taken them on but there is def work to be done.
Who did they beat in the quarter final that year?

From the Bunker

Quote from: dowling on August 17, 2014, 10:44:41 PM

Donal was not bitter toward Tipp. More toward the set up in his own county. He compared the current structures in Cork to Dublin. This is a running theme at this stage.

dowling

I meant towards Cork. Sorry if that didn't come across.
Seemed to me he was using the TV to carry on his crusade of yesteryear.

imtommygunn

He was critical but don't think he was too wrong either in terms of setup. Perhaps a bit harsh on aidan walsh though and maybe a wee dig on dual players too.

Looking back cork midfield were hammered and the likes of maher was hugely dominant. maybe some moves there would have helped.

INDIANA

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 17, 2014, 11:09:22 PM
He was critical but don't think he was too wrong either in terms of setup. Perhaps a bit harsh on aidan walsh though and maybe a wee dig on dual players too.

Looking back cork midfield were hammered and the likes of maher was hugely dominant. maybe some moves there would have helped.

Cork got it wrong on the line too.

imtommygunn

Quote from: INDIANA on August 17, 2014, 11:10:34 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 17, 2014, 11:09:22 PM

Cork got it wrong on the line too.

Yeah sorry that was what i meant.

Midfield should have been changed and the hf line should have been shook up too.

Watching on sky plus-only seeing the rants now on the structures. Sounds bit like reillers who used to rant on here.

dowling