Are Dublin the best team ever ?

Started by Saffrongael, August 09, 2014, 09:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Yea best of luck to him, hope he recovers fully.

I always think that the scumbags walking around carrying knives should be done for intent as well as for any attack they carry out. i.e if a victim dies - it is murder. If not - it is attempted murder.
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

Quote from: muppet on September 20, 2014, 07:10:10 PM

I always think that the scumbags walking around carrying knives should be done for intent as well as for any attack they carry out. i.e if a victim dies - it is murder. If not - it is attempted murder.

Discharged earlier. He's fine thankfully.

StephenC

Quote from: INDIANA on September 20, 2014, 08:01:10 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 20, 2014, 07:10:10 PM

Discharged earlier. He's fine thankfully.

Good to hear.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 07, 2014, 06:12:50 PM
Quote from: Zulu on September 07, 2014, 05:58:16 PM
But isn't that what happens in Kerry too?

Of course it's nurture that's my belief, no such thing as a natural footballer/hurler, they are nurtured from a very young age.

A andecdote a heard recently was Mickey O'Connell use to practice for hours upon hours, who was the ball boy that use to work with him, Jack O'Shea, in turn when Jack practiced his ball boy was Maurice Fitzgerald and in turn when Maurice practiced his ball boy was Declan O'Sullivan.

Nearly but not quite. It was Bryan Sheehan. Sheehan is the same club as Maurice and jacko.

Syferus

On today's evidence the answer to this question is again yes. Already looking forward to Dublin defending their #1 status next year.

sligoman2

Wishing cooper a speedy recovery.

Sad to read about this stuff, he is a class player and I look forward to seeing him back next year.

Lock thine perpetrator up and lose the key
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

muppet

Quote from: sligoman2 on September 22, 2014, 01:58:47 AM
Wishing cooper a speedy recovery.

Sad to read about this stuff, he is a class player and I look forward to seeing him back next year.

Lock thine perpetrator up and lose the key

I heard yesterday he was stabbed 9 times!

He should get a year or two for each time if that us true.
MWWSI 2017

Dont Matter

Unfortunatley that sort of thing is a regular occurance in Dubl$n. You live there at your own risk. Hopefully Cooper recovers quickly.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

AZOffaly

Slashed across the face and neck apparently. It was a mugging, and he refused to hand over his wallet. Brutal stuff. Best of luck to him, I hope he recovers quickly and doesn't have scars or anything.

CaraHuggyBear

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 22, 2014, 03:08:45 PM
Unfortunatley that sort of thing is a regular occurance in Dubl$n. You live there at your own risk. Hopefully Cooper recovers quickly.

Interesting take-bias here in yr first two sentences .... also interesting yr byline quote.....

seafoid

seafoid

I was listening to the Duff video above and I remember back in 83 the ould fella and his friends all saying the Dubs were dirty.
I think that image stayed with them, unfairly, for a long time.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

SouthDublinBro

Just watching the pre match build up and discussion again, I'm wondering why isn't more being made of Pat Spillane's comment that "Dublin are a one trick pony"?

Dublin may have been a bit naive in the semi final, but Martin McHugh and Joe Brolly were both crucified for making far less ridiculous comments than Spillane.