armagh's next manager

Started by lawnseed, August 09, 2014, 07:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Paul grimley says hes finished. After today and some of geezers games with kildare.. Dare I say it the emperor is naked. Failure to deal with mcmanus in the ulster semi cost us a possible ulster title and even in that game a disasterous goalkeeper. And then the donegal game.. Same same. Just how much geezers input into the actual gameplan is with grimley is hard to say. I wonder if hes the right man for this armagh team with potential. Firstly I love geezer I have a first born son named after him his picture hangs in my office.. But im an armagh man and I have my doubts
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Saffrongael

You have a son called Geezer ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

RealSpiritof98

snoopdog

if you don't want Geezer send him on to us in Down.

T Fearon

As good as this season has been,unfortunately it has been powered largely by the remaining nucleus of the u21 winning team from 2004, Andy and Brian Mallon,Ciaran Mc Keever,Aaron Kernan.The real pity is that these lads are 31 not 21 and will be hard to replace.

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on August 09, 2014, 11:49:02 PM
As good as this season has been,unfortunately it has been powered largely by the remaining nucleus of the u21 winning team from 2004, Andy and Brian Mallon,Ciaran Mc Keever,Aaron Kernan.The real pity is that these lads are 31 not 21 and will be hard to replace.

Andy Mallon made an enormous contribution today and Aaron showed why he should be on from the start.
It was necessary for Armagh to get something done while these men are still here and this can help some of the younger folk step up.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BluestackBoy

Hard to understand why Grimely is bowing out after a summer which could only be called a success. I can see only good things for this Armagh team starting with promotion from Div 3.

If it's the media stuff that got him down, then fair enough. It is a pressure job & it doesn't suit everyone. I don't think he handled it particularly well & Armagh not taking part in the team photo today was I thought unnecessary.

Still, if he has retired I wish him nothing but the best. Geezer is by a mile the best candidate for the job.

For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

JP

The job is Geezers. The management have done a great job this year. We need to get the kickouts sorted and we will be a force again next year.

Throw ball

Is it confirmed that Grimley is stepping down. Would be surprised if he does. The only thing he needs to lose is a few pound!

you take er!

Quote from: lawnseed on August 09, 2014, 07:10:40 PM
Paul grimley says hes finished. After today and some of geezers games with kildare.. Dare I say it the emperor is naked. Failure to deal with mcmanus in the ulster semi cost us a possible ulster title and even in that game a disasterous goalkeeper. And then the donegal game.. Same same. Just how much geezers input into the actual gameplan is with grimley is hard to say. I wonder if hes the right man for this armagh team with potential. Firstly I love geezer I have a first born son named after him his picture hangs in my office.. But im an armagh man and I have my doubts

Grimley bowing out? Where do you see this? And btw if your cup is half empty (as it appears to be) after this championship run then you would be safer following the cricket..your attitude would be well suited to the England side at the minute you numpty

lawnseed

Quote from: you take er! on August 10, 2014, 01:20:07 AM

Grimley bowing out? Where do you see this? And btw if your cup is half empty (as it appears to be) after this championship run then you would be safer following the cricket..your attitude would be well suited to the England side at the minute you numpty
He said it two months ago try to keep up. And less of your lip. Why shouldnt I question a managers ability. How many managers issue public apoligies for their stupidity? Grimey couldnt/wouldnt/didnt adress the problem  armagh had last year in the cavan game. I was the guy behind the dugout throwing my lungs up at him to set up a line of defence. We were twice the side cavan were and we got stuffed. He simply shrugged his shoulders.. Again his inability to deal with mcmanus this year points to his inability to change tactics that arent working during a game. And the donegal game.. I once saw joe kernan walk round the pitch during a game the give paul hearty the best fuk off he ever got because of his kickouts he soon changed. Grimey stood there for over 70 minutes yesterday and watched mcevoy kick and punch us out of the championship!! The difference is this time the "saviour" of armagh football was standing beside him and did nothing either!!
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

rodney trotter

Quote from: lawnseed on August 10, 2014, 11:31:06 AM

He said it two months ago try to keep up. And less of your lip. Why shouldnt I question a managers ability. How many managers issue public apoligies for their stupidity? Grimey couldnt/wouldnt/didnt adress the problem  armagh had last year in the cavan game. I was the guy behind the dugout throwing my lungs up at him to set up a line of defence. We were twice the side cavan were and we got stuffed. He simply shrugged his shoulders.. Again his inability to deal with mcmanus this year points to his inability to change tactics that arent working during a game. And the donegal game.. I once saw joe kernan walk round the pitch during a game the give paul hearty the best fuk off he ever got because of his kickouts he soon changed. Grimey stood there for over 70 minutes yesterday and watched mcevoy kick and punch us out of the championship!! The difference is this time the "saviour" of armagh football was standing beside him and did nothing either!!

Where does he say it here ? https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx%3FID%3D220702&sa=U&ei=REznU5fMF6rXyQPqnICICw&ved=0CBYQFjAI&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNHCtkepuGes-7hzUiomafrdyAIwUA

you take er!

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 10, 2014, 11:45:52 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on August 10, 2014, 11:31:06 AM

Where does he say it here ? https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx%3FID%3D220702&sa=U&ei=REznU5fMF6rXyQPqnICICw&ved=0CBYQFjAI&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNHCtkepuGes-7hzUiomafrdyAIwUA

Exactly! As a not-so-wise-man once said...'try to keep up'
I suppose you expected the All-Ireland this year did you? The team achieved twice what was expected by most sane people. Oh, also...less of your lip?? really?  :P

SHEEDY

Quote from: snoopdog on August 09, 2014, 09:37:06 PM
no thanks, keep him in Armagh. the mans a spoofer, done nothing with Kildare. if down were to go for an Armagh man I would have mc corry or mc entee before geezer any day.
nil satis nisi optimum

yellowcard

Quote from: SHEEDY on August 10, 2014, 02:54:39 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on August 09, 2014, 09:37:06 PM
no thanks, keep him in Armagh. the mans a spoofer, done nothing with Kildare. if down were to go for an Armagh man I would have mc corry or mc entee before geezer any day.

Are you having a laugh? The man is a born winner and the facts suggest otherwise in Kildare. Good to see all the main contenders for the Down job are in Armagh though. Must be a serious lack of decent managers in Down.