grub spy

Started by lawnseed, August 06, 2014, 08:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Was at Cabra Castle last year for a wedding. Nice spot and the food was good as well.

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on August 07, 2014, 10:47:34 AM
The Irish Republican Felons Club, Falls Road, Belfast.

Who would have thought that having the specky bake of Thomas Clarke peering down on you would be such a magical experience as you tuck into your roast beef. "A dinner like your ma would make" costing as little as £6.95. Staff are delightful, taking time to call you love at every given opportunity as well as throwing in the customary 'wee'. "So you're having the wee bowl of soup, love, and the wee chicken tempura for yourself love? And what about your wee mains? Sorry, give me a wee minute, I'm busting for a wee shite, love."  Customers are treated to songs such as 90 miles from Dublin town, Grace & Roll of Honour, played romantically low. And with pints costing £2.80 and the option of sunning yourself in the beautiful beer garden, watching the hustle and bustle of lower Andytown blow by, it's hard to resist this little gem.

5/5

What are the toilets like?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on August 07, 2014, 11:29:32 AM
Surprisingly clean for a working men's club but a fair bit of 'splash back' when doing a slash.
No chino rule. Wranglers only?

Is their only beer garden the bit out the front?

lawnseed

Quote from: Under Lights on August 06, 2014, 08:54:56 AM
Best chippy, imo, in Tyrone is PG Chips at the Cohannon Inn (Coalisland Roundabout). Non-greasy chippy food. There beef and chicken can be traced back to an NI farm. Chips are excellent too, they use Maurice Piper spuds which are the best spuds for chipping.
Drinks served at about 2 degrees. Excellent. Never had a bad feed in it.

aah here!! fuks sake!!! I hit this place yesterday at about 2pm says to myself "underlights" best chippy etc cant go wrong??!! I went for the old reliable 2 piece snackbox. well I used to think the two ingredients of a snack box were chicken and chips. well at "PG CHIPS" the whole things a bit different. I got back to the motor and opens my 'snackbox' only to be totally peed off. chicken..? yes. chips..? NO???!!! WTF?? there must be a mistake I thought!! back in I lands with my 'chicken box' in hand. there must be a mistake I suggested.. politely. why? I was asked. there's no chips with this snackbox I pointed out. we don't put chips in it! put a few in it for me I asked. ok was the reply. so I got my chips after some moments. then the punchline "that's £1.50" no messing. is there a famine on? I asked spuds are only 30 quid a tonne delivered.. no answer.. I paid them cause I was starving.. on leaving I  suggested they change their name to "PG 'NO' CHIPS" they wont be seeing me again unless there is a famine everywhere else.. miserable gits
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

muppet

Snackbox?

I expect to you boys on the running thread in the next year or two.
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

What the fcuk, every chippy in the land throws in a few gratis chips with a bit of chicken or sausages etc.

lawnseed

Quote from: hardstation on September 20, 2014, 11:09:44 PM
Who the fcuk doesn't put chips in a snackbox??

So, to PG Chips, a 2 piece snackbox = 2 pieces of chicken.

Not be getting my custom. Miserable (stupid) hoors.
try them.. un..fukn..believable!! and then charged me for a mini chip.. 1 fukn 50!! think I ring Nolan he loves chips he's bound to phone them up 

lawnseed

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 20, 2014, 11:15:10 PM
What the fcuk, every chippy in the land throws in a few gratis chips with a bit of chicken or sausages etc.
the chips aren't free they're on the picture on the wall showing the snackbox they shouldn't have charged me its misleading advertising and against the law. Worse than that "THIS IS IRELAND!!!!" Greece does Spartans.. Ireland does spuds!!   

ONeill

What the fcuk is a snack box?

Sounds like something a woman would get.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on September 20, 2014, 11:28:55 PM
What the fcuk is a snack box?

Sounds like something a woman would get.
It's no munchy box that's for sure...

http://www.dailyedge.ie/munchy-box-is-disgusting-1628375-Aug2014/

lawnseed

the chicken was nice I should say.. but the name of the place is PG CHIPS the secrets in the name

muppet

Quote from: hardstation on September 20, 2014, 11:14:15 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 20, 2014, 11:12:39 PM
Snackbox?

I expect to you boys on the running thread in the next year or two.
Oh, go bore somebody else about health.

Jaysus you're fierce grumpy. It was a joke.

I have seen more snackboxes, taco fries and kebabs than I can remember.
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

Quote from: lawnseed on September 20, 2014, 11:53:20 PM
the chicken was nice I should say.. but the name of the place is PG CHIPS the secrets in the name
Whats next sandwich no bread