Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

The big man destroyed all who marked him the day, why Mayo didn't put someone about 10m in front of him i dont know though the Kerry deliver from out the field was very good

Mano

Quote from: bcarrier on August 30, 2014, 08:19:00 PM
Peter Crowley was immense for Kerry.

He should have been on the sideline midway through the second half on a black card.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on August 30, 2014, 08:11:49 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2014, 08:05:02 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 30, 2014, 07:55:19 PM
Some match, degraded into a brawl at the end. Ref was letting a lot go.

Where to for Mayo? This team is looking like going down with the Ros and Armagh sides of the 70s as one of the best teams to never win the big one.

It would be criminal if we ended up with Tipp-Kilkenny and Dublin-Kerry. Jimmy is the last man standing that can prevent the September apocalypse.

wouldn't suit the country bumpkins all right

Didn't know Kerry, Tipp and Kilkenny were big metropolises.. or do you have another AI already penciled in for next month?

The ladies final as well. Try and keep up Syferus

mrdeeds

Quote from: hardstation on August 30, 2014, 08:22:39 PM
The big fella from the schemozzle would have ate & shit Donaghy today.

Go on the big lad from the schemozzle!!

Haha

bcarrier

Quote from: Mano on August 30, 2014, 08:29:47 PM
Quote from: bcarrier on August 30, 2014, 08:19:00 PM
Peter Crowley was immense for Kerry.

He should have been on the sideline midway through the second half on a black card.

I don't think so.

fwiw still don't know why Kerry didn't bring Fionn back on in extra time - new game isn't it ?

sligoman2

Hard luck to Mayo, some soft frees for Kerry indeed.

Shooting overall was very poor from both sides it appeared.

Time to get two refs minimum per game, nobody could have kept control of the nonsense that was happening on and off the ball.

Enjoyable match - I thought Donaghy one Moran would be motm
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

INDIANA

On a realistic level if Mayo are to win an AI soon it won't be with a Mayo manager.

It needs to be from a county who knows how to win AI's

heffo

The Kerry players had been waiting for the water boy all week.

They were fairly aggrieved with regular choice comments directed to the Kerry players last week by him.

Hard luck Mayo. Marquee forward needed to get the key scores in tight games.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2014, 08:43:27 PM
On a realistic level if Mayo are to win an AI soon it won't be with a Mayo manager.

Alan Mulholland is available. ;D

We'll gladly take Horan even though he's a bit of a dose.

Wildweasel74

Awaiting a new eBay listing 2nite from a young Mayo Girl,

Up for bid, Wanted to a  good home:
One dysfunctional father,
traits: Die Hard Mayo Supporter, 
Reasons for Sale: Kicked out by mun due to been a national embarrassment.

Any sensible  offer (please just take him) will be considered!

maigheo

What a stupid statement to make.I know you do not like Horan, but without him we would not be close to the holy grail

Thisonegoesto11

Not sure if that would change their fortune. A very decent squad of players but too many cameo type players this year. Likes of Moran & Dillon (and a few others). Fine players but in big matches today you have to contribute all the time you are on the pitch. One forward scoring in a half of football in a semi final is not good enough.  If they could do what Kerry did and unearth a couple of pacey young forwards to give some new dimension it would make a difference.

Still thought they were unlucky today. Some tough calls against them.

bcarrier

INDIANA

Quote from: maigheo on August 30, 2014, 08:51:22 PM

What a stupid statement to make.I know you do not like Horan, but without him we would not be close to the holy grail

I think beating galway et al in Connacht is within the compass of most managers.

It's not a slight on Horan but you've no track record of winning AI's at any grade , so it must be hard to find someone who can talk to them about what it's like.

You need something at this stage.

Blowitupref

Quote from: maigheo on August 30, 2014, 08:51:22 PM

Would agree Horan is the very reason for how far Mayo have come the last three years.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose