Quote from: Bod Mor on August 28, 2014, 04:21:31 AM
Quote from: moysider on August 28, 2014, 12:51:23 AM
Quote from: mayoman dan on August 28, 2014, 12:25:02 AM
Quote from: moysider on August 28, 2014, 12:16:25 AM
Quote from: mayoman dan on August 28, 2014, 12:05:32 AM
Quote from: moysider on August 27, 2014, 11:53:11 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 27, 2014, 10:07:11 PM
Predictions anybody?

Yeah I predict that I ll spend 8/9 hours 'driving' on Saturday. Maybe more. I d love to have Sidney along to show him how handy a venue it is ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D . Operation Barbarossa was a Sunday drive compared this campaign!
latest advice I have from a Limerick man is through Portumna, Nenagh ( bringing Tipperary into the invasion/equation - bit like going through the Ardennes to get around the Maginot Line!) and Killaloe  >:( >:( This guy was on the level.
Of course Killaloe reminded me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygr0V71O61E  but hoping it will be Kerry Martyrs on Saturday :-\
As regards the match, the only prediction I want is yours Farr. - and as negative as possible please. Anything positive and Sidney the Shit Stirrer  will spend the day locked in the back of the jeep in driveway, with the engine running,and the wife searching for the hose to water the hanging baskets.

Is there anybody on here leaving from the Ballina area.What time would you want to be on the road at? I was thinking round 11?

I am.

11 would be fine but what day ;D ;D ;D

There s people talking leaving about 10 around Ballina. Belmullet: 9 would do. Of course if you calculate it on distance you can leave at 1 o clock ( it s only 3 hours to Limerick  after all - right Sid ye p***k ;) ) and listen to the game on the radio sitting in traffic. There s nice people on here will be able to tell who s covering it on radio. Could be good craic that.

Cheers Moy i was given the same advice as yourself from a Galway man that works in Limerick every day to head to Portunma and on to Nenagh and go in that way but your on the wrong side of the city for the Gaelic Grounds then.This really is unbelievable slobbering to get to a game.

You head  for Parteen from Killaloe and that will take you up to Thomond, which is as close to Gaelic Grounds as you could hope for. Of course if we all do that we ll create another jam! But if you stay on the N7 into the city from Nenagh .....

The people that thought this was a good idea are gobshites of the highest order. But we ll get through it.

There's a great little shortcut you take when you know traffic will be backed up on the Ennis road (which it will be on Saturday). After Gort, head out the R458 towards Tulla, head out then through Kilkeshin and sixmilebridge and follow that road til it takes you to the old cratloe road and then onto the LIT. Used to knock nearly half an hour off our trips years back when I was in the old LIT!

This man is right.

I heard the Davin Arms is closed I heard so mot sure where the best watering hole for a pre\post match pint would be.

The Davin is closed; Hasset's is closed. The only place within a Muppet/Sidney discussion's length of the pitch we could get a drink a few years ago was a guesthouse a quarter of a mile away towards town on the other side of the Ennis Road. Get there early. The bar holds about 25.

Update: Hasset's is open again, I'm told.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Bingo on August 29, 2014, 10:28:22 AM
Quote from: orangeman on August 29, 2014, 09:41:24 AM
Quote from: heffo on August 29, 2014, 09:34:10 AM
Right decision overall

Players trying to get others players sent off (a la Walsh last week and Cassidy in 2011) should be sent off

When soccer bring in that rule you can rest assured we'll follow suit. A booking in soccer for diving isn't it at the minute ?.

The Gaa disciplinary system is archaic. The hearings, appeals and DRA avenues are seriously flawed and need urgent attention.

That sums it up.

We moan and complain about refs not applying rules and taking the soft or easy option all year. Incidents like this only increase the likely hood of this happening. When would a ref make a big call in games knowing that all week the media will focus on it with the "he was right by the rules but...." the main theme. Then a hearings committee will overturn it on a technicality. GAA rules and application are a joke shop. Managers, administrators are as bad as they'll always chase this option.
The rules certainly need a clean up.
I mean if Leroy if Leroy had stood back, took aim and gave his tormentor a running kick up the hole, he'd have got the same sanction as if he gave him a petulant tap. No degrees of culpability in dealing with the striking of an opponent. Make any sort of contact with the foot and you're off.
Torment, niggle and push all day and if you are cute enough, you'll get away with it.
I don't think Coldrick had a bad game. He followed the rules in this instance- harsh but he had no choice in the matter.
But justice has been done and Keegan has been exonerated.
Now the cat is out of the bag and it has emerged that Cian O'Neill had told the Kerry team to hassle Keegan to get him to react and get sent off.
The cosy consensus is that Coldrick regretted sending Keegan off and tried to even the score by awarding soft frees to Mayo in the second half.
Dunno about that.
You could also say that Mayo's revival caught Kerry by surprise and they were panicking big time.
Keegan wasn't the one one getting the niggling and tugging treatment and Coldrick had copped on to it. No rocket science needed to understand why he began to blow up Kerry's fouling, is there?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Mayo Club 51

All the latest updates on parking and traffic restrictions including some very important road safety information.

http://mayoclub51.com/we-go-again-and-heres-how-to-get-there/

magpie seanie

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 29, 2014, 02:16:28 PM
Right decision overall

Players trying to get others players sent off (a la Walsh last week and Cassidy in 2011) should be sent off

When soccer bring in that rule you can rest assured we'll follow suit. A booking in soccer for diving isn't it at the minute ?.

The Gaa disciplinary system is archaic. The hearings, appeals and DRA avenues are seriously flawed and need urgent attention.

That sums it up.

We moan and complain about refs not applying rules and taking the soft or easy option all year. Incidents like this only increase the likely hood of this happening. When would a ref make a big call in games knowing that all week the media will focus on it with the "he was right by the rules but...." the main theme. Then a hearings committee will overturn it on a technicality. GAA rules and application are a joke shop. Managers, administrators are as bad as they'll always chase this option.
I mean if Leroy if Leroy had stood back, took aim and gave his tormentor a running kick up the hole, he'd have got the same sanction as if he gave him a petulant tap. No degrees of culpability in dealing with the striking of an opponent. Make any sort of contact with the foot and you're off.
Torment, niggle and push all day and if you are cute enough, you'll get away with it.
I don't think Coldrick had a bad game. He followed the rules in this instance- harsh but he had no choice in the matter.
Now the cat is out of the bag and it has emerged that Cian O'Neill had told the Kerry team to hassle Keegan to get him to react and get sent off.
The cosy consensus is that Coldrick regretted sending Keegan off and tried to even the score by awarding soft frees to Mayo in the second half.Dunno about that.
You could also say that Mayo's revival caught Kerry by surprise and they were panicking big time.
Keegan wasn't the one one getting the niggling and tugging treatment and Coldrick had copped on to it. No rocket science needed to understand why he began to blow up Kerry's fouling, is there?

Whatever about that he certainly screwed up his paperwork in such a way that Mayo were able to get Keegan off.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: screenexile on August 29, 2014, 01:30:09 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 29, 2014, 01:14:37 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on August 29, 2014, 12:00:58 PM
I don't get all this fuss about Lee Keegan getting off the red card. He was sent off for kicking an opponent. The ref obviously taught he kicked Buckley and he was helped come to this conclusion in real time by Walsh's carry on. To be honest I taught he had kicked him as well. The ref puts in a report stating this. It then transpires that he did not kick him. You can't have the ref coming back and saying " well actually I sent him off for an attempted kick". just because he seen a replay of the incident.

I actually commend Coldrick in this situation for reporting the incident exactly how he taught he saw it and not changing things around to make himself look good.

Genuinely, what has Walsh got to do with anything?
Coldrick wasn't 'conned' as somebody else said earlier.
Keegan didn't get off because he didn't commit a sending off offence, he got off because he was reported for the WRONG sending off offence.
It's that simple.

Also it's good to see the ignorance of the black card is alive and well. Yes AOS was fouled a lot but unless he was DELIBERATELY tripped or PULLED to the ground then none of the offences warranted a black card. If the same fella fouled him 3 times he should have gotten a yellow card maybe!

Ok then
45 - Pulled down to the ground by Sheehan,
53 - Is swung around by Donnacha Walsh (I think), doesnt go to ground
62 - Is dragged to the ground by Moran
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mayo4Sam

I don't get all this fuss about Lee Keegan getting off the red card. He was sent off for kicking an opponent. The ref obviously taught he kicked Buckley and he was helped come to this conclusion in real time by Walsh's carry on. To be honest I taught he had kicked him as well. The ref puts in a report stating this. It then transpires that he did not kick him. You can't have the ref coming back and saying " well actually I sent him off for an attempted kick". just because he seen a replay of the incident.

I actually commend Coldrick in this situation for reporting the incident exactly how he taught he saw it and not changing things around to make himself look good.

Keegan didn't get off because he didn't commit a sending off offence, he got off because he was reported for the WRONG sending off offence.
It's that simple.

Jinxy, you're on fairly thin ice, theres plenty of room on this bandwagon but that kinda chat will get you fucked off it fast enough, theres no room for logic, its either all out pessimism or all out optimism, take your pick but feel free to switch between the two as suits

highorlow

QuoteUpdate: Hasset's is open again, I'm told.

The Davin is now a Lidl.

Shannon RFC clubhouse is open. It's in Thomond park, 10 mins or so from the field.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

muppet

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 29, 2014, 02:39:23 PM

It's that simple.

Jinxy, you're on fairly thin ice, theres plenty of room on this bandwagon but that kinda chat will get you fucked off it fast enough, theres no room for logic, its either all out pessimism or all out optimism, take your pick but feel free to switch between the two as suits

What about yerra?
MWWSI 2017

Lar Naparka

It's that simple.
Bejaysus, Jinxy, I never met a Meath man yet who needed facts to start a row.
How did you know what Keegan was reported for?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

J OGorman

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 29, 2014, 02:28:26 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 29, 2014, 02:16:28 PM
Right decision overall

That sums it up.

The cosy consensus is that Coldrick regretted sending Keegan off and tried to even the score by awarding soft frees to Mayo in the second half.Dunno about that.

Whatever about that he certainly screwed up his paperwork in such a way that Mayo were able to get Keegan off.

the good old GAA spirit is alive and well

Hardy

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 29, 2014, 02:45:17 PM

It's that simple.
Bejaysus, Jinxy, I never met a Meath man yet who needed facts to start a row.

Wtf are you meowdering about, ya smelly bowsy?

screenexile

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 29, 2014, 02:36:48 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 29, 2014, 01:30:09 PM

It's that simple.

Also it's good to see the ignorance of the black card is alive and well. Yes AOS was fouled a lot but unless he was DELIBERATELY tripped or PULLED to the ground then none of the offences warranted a black card. If the same fella fouled him 3 times he should have gotten a yellow card maybe!

Ok then
45 - Pulled down to the ground by Sheehan, Had his jersey pulled but not downward and anyway it was a belt that knocked him down
53 - Is swung around by Donnacha Walsh (I think), doesnt go to ground Doesn't go to ground ie no black card.. check 52.30  :o
62 - Is dragged to the ground by Moran Again a pull back not a pull down

I'm not doubting that AOS was fouled a ridiculous amount of times but they weren't black cards!

Mayo4Sam

From the GAA website

Cynical Behaviour Fouls

1. Deliberately pull down an opponent.
2. Deliberately trip an opponent with the hand(s), arm, leg or foot.
3. Deliberately body collide with an opponent after he has played the ball away or for the purpose of taking him out of a movement of play.
4. Threaten or to use abusive or provocative language or gestures to an opponent or a teammate.
5. Remonstrate in an aggressive manner with a Match Official.

The penalty for the above fouls are:

i. Free Kick from where the foul occurred.
ii. Order Off offender by showing him a Black Card*.

Both at 45 minutes and 62 minutes AOS was pulled down, how do I knwo it was down and not back? Because he was landed on his arse both times. Were both occasions deliberate? Yes

The both are black cards

Champ15

Looking forward to tomorrow after missing the game last week and also looking forward to visiting limerick as i've never been there before. On the keegan issue sure isn't there many a man walking about the country today who've had more serious cases thrown out of court because of a technicality on Garda reports  ;D Seriously looking forward to the game i've watched the drawn game back twice this week and will probably have another view of it again tonight just to whittle away a few hours  :)
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

screenexile

You've highlighted the main point... it's not 'pull' it's 'pull down'

We've had a referee in explaining it. The hands have to be pull the jersey in a downward motion causing the player to go to ground. That did not exist in either of your 3 examples so could not be deemed a black card!