Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 21, 2014, 10:00:18 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 21, 2014, 09:41:38 PM
Bit surprised by Kerry team. Few things that wouldn't fill me with confidence to be honest.  Hope this plan Fitzy has works out.

Dec must be hurt CT. Although speaking to Kerry Lads. They have huge respect for Buckley and think he will do a good job at CHF. Everyone talking about the Dubs bench.......that Kerry bench is groaning with Celtic crosses.

Ah shur he's being held together with tape. I think the 15 mins at the end is probably all he can manage right now..sadly. Has a lot of it played. On Kerry Senior panel since 2002 and had injury trouble as a minor before that even.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

5 Sams

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 21, 2014, 10:13:12 PM
Bit surprised by Kerry team. Few things that wouldn't fill me with confidence to be honest.  Hope this plan Fitzy has works out.

Dec must be hurt CT. Although speaking to Kerry Lads. They have huge respect for Buckley and think he will do a good job at CHF. Everyone talking about the Dubs bench.......that Kerry bench is groaning with Celtic crosses.

Ah shur he's being held together with tape. I think the 15 mins at the end is probably all he can manage right now..sadly. Has a lot of it played. On Kerry Senior panel since 2002 and had injury trouble as a minor before that even.

Yerra Yerra 8)
The Aristocrat Years

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Jinxy on August 21, 2014, 10:09:52 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 21, 2014, 06:34:29 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 21, 2014, 05:38:33 PM
I've never seen a quieter thread involving Mayo in an AI semi-final.
It looks like they have finally cracked the keeping-a-lid-on-things aspect. This is a very ominous development from our point of view.

You're nothing but a sanctimonious p***k.

:D

I wouldn't mind but I was being serious. I have honestly never seen such a low key build up.

That really hurt my feelings :D

Syferus

I'd be gutted for Westport St. Patrick if Mayo won the AI the year after he retired.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on August 21, 2014, 10:42:31 PM
I'd be gutted for Westport St. Patrick if Mayo won the AI the year after he retired.
And not for the first time Syf, I'd like to know wtf you are on about. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

Mayo by one point for another long drive full of dheras back to Gnieveguillia and associated mythologies. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tubberman

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 21, 2014, 11:00:12 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 21, 2014, 10:42:31 PM
And not for the first time Syf, I'd like to know wtf you are on about. ;D

He's on about the fella who dressed up like St Patrick and banged his bodhrán with a wooden spoon. I had a sneaking suspicion twas yourself that was in it Lár ;)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on August 21, 2014, 11:00:52 PM
Mayo by one point for another long drive full of dheras back to Gnieveguillia and associated mythologies.

for a supposed gaelgoir you have a piss poor grasp of Irish placenames

still sore about the qtr final eh ?

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: 5 Sams on August 21, 2014, 10:26:45 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 21, 2014, 10:13:12 PM

Yerra Yerra 8)

I wish it was Sams, really do. He will hopefully come on and give us a lift with 15 or 20 to go, if the game is still there.

johnpower

Where the hell is that?

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 21, 2014, 11:17:43 PM

That's an anglicisation. Not the Erse.
And it's Gaelgeoir btw.
You can't have o following the consonant after an e

Up Mayo.   

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: seafoid on August 21, 2014, 11:37:38 PM

And it's Gaelgeoir btw.

Up Mayo.   

Its Gneeveguilla...pronounced Gwen-Eve-Grilla...if you pronounce the Grilla part as Jonathan Ross would. :P

ck

Kerry team for Sunday.

KERRY (SF v Mayo): Brian Kelly; Marc Ó Sé, Aidan O'Mahony, Shane Enright; Paul Murphy, Peter Crowley, Fionn Fitzgerald; Anthony Maher, David Moran; Michael Geaney, Johnny Buckley, Donnchadh Walsh; Stephen O'Brien, Paul Geaney, James O'Donoghue

5 Sams

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 21, 2014, 11:47:44 PM

And it's Gaelgeoir btw.

Up Mayo.   

Its Gneeveguilla...pronounced Gwen-Eve-Grilla...if you pronounce the Grilla part as Jonathan Ross would. :P

I would say Ginnygwilla. Home of the legendary Rosie!
The Aristocrat Years

Mike Sheehy

And it's Gaelgeoir btw.

Up Mayo.   

You've just been called out twice in the space of half an hour by two other kerrymen about your obvious faux pas.

It's like when you try to pontificate about the opinions of Americans. You don't have a clue so stfu and let locals who are in the know educate you about the facts.

You dumb shit.