Maigh Eo v Ciarrai, 1700, 30ú Lúnasa, Gaelic Grounds

Started by macdanger2, August 03, 2014, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Tompkins: Mayo lack leadership and stomach

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=222784

Harsh words from Larryín.
It's almost as if he's trying to get the Mayo lads massively wound up for the Kerry game!
Although why he would try and do that is beyond me.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

lynchbhoy

id expect Mayo to win by 5 points

Tompkins trying to rile Mayo up to beat his new sworn enemy - Kerry !!

Captain Obvious

The way Mayo played in their last three games will not be good enough to beat Kerry even the Dubs had to peak themselves to overcome Kerry last year. Dublin's form was good going into that semi final while Mayo are expected to turn their form on like a tap, I think the last side to do that was Kerry themselves five years ago.

Syferus

Mayo's form line has picked up in each game they've played this year. If their FB line stabilises it won't take anything else to produce a very good performance.

moysider

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 20, 2014, 02:11:05 PM
id expect Mayo to win by 5 points

Tompkins trying to rile Mayo up to beat his new sworn enemy - Kerry !!

Why would he? Thompkins was never afraid to express himself down the years. A lot of what he says here others have said before. Like the stuff about Dillon - how many times have we heard that?

Maybe there is a lot of merit in what he is saying too. But like a lot of others he s incline to stick to the tried and trusted old chestnuts of wisdom when it comes down to it. I doubt he gives a shite but when asked for an opinion he went with a few points anybody around the country would have filed away in their option department when it comes to Mayo.

mayoman dan

Strong rumour going round this evening about the Mayo team that Gibbons and Freeman are in for Barrett and Andy with Vaughan going back to wing back.I dont know how reliable this is as it didnt come from my usual source but a few people seem to have heard the same.

macdanger2

Freeman back in would be welcome as I'd prefer to see one of Andy or Dillon coming on with the potential to change things. Personally I thought the Vaughan at MF was worth persevering with as he provides a lot of much needed legs around the middle. That said, Gibbons was going well until he got injured.

mayoman dan

Any idea of an attendance for this game? I was told this evening in Supervalu that it's nearly sold out but I think the young fella was telling me lies.

larryin89

Mayoman Dan, the super valu buckeen was telling lies, GAA very worried this could be an all time low for semi final, 30 k expected at the moment.

And your''rumour'' is just speculation in Mayo news by mike finnerty.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

moysider

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 20, 2014, 08:32:03 PM
The way Mayo played in their last three games will not be good enough to beat Kerry even the Dubs had to peak themselves to overcome Kerry last year. Dublin's form was good going into that semi final while Mayo are expected to turn their form on like a tap, I think the last side to do that was Kerry themselves five years ago.

I m delighted we played the way we did last 3 games and are still in it.
We defo haven t peaked but it remains to be seen how good the peak will be. I think Sunday will see us at least trying to bring it to another level. Physically and mentally we will be better but of course there is no guarantee that our football clicks into place. Kerry will be going out to set the tempo so Mayo need to grab the game by the scruff of the neck - something that we failed to do in Cork first half. Also drive on to the end if we are on top - something that we haven't done all year.

But it's impossible to get a handle on the respective form of either team. Both teams played Galway and Cork. Galway were more watery v Kerry than us. Galway did have a huge amount of possession though v Kerry.
Cork were a different animal v Mayo than the naive set-up and no- show in Munster final. So very difficult to predict on what we ve seen so far. The teams are in different places. Could it be that Kerry have peaked for Cork and deep down they may be reasonably sated with the progress made?

God only knows how this one will go. Thank God football not very predictable.

Stephen Hawking - ' cannot predict future events exactly if one cannot even measure the present state of the universe'
Imo there are two many unknowns about both teams to be confident of predicting an outcome.

mayoman dan

Quote from: larryin89 on August 20, 2014, 11:14:51 PM
Mayoman Dan, the super valu buckeen was telling lies, GAA very worried this could be an all time low for semi final, 30 k expected at the moment.

And your''rumour'' is just speculation in Mayo news by mike finnerty.

I don't read the mayo news larryin89 apologies if that's where it came from but  two people txt me this evening telling me that's the team.Il be heading for Supervalu in the morning they sold an elderly relation 4 hill tickets this evening telling her they couldn't get her 4 seats together anywhere else.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: moysider on August 20, 2014, 11:15:49 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 20, 2014, 08:32:03 PM

I m delighted we played the way we did last 3 games and are still in it.
We defo haven t peaked but it remains to be seen how good the peak will be. I think Sunday will see us at least trying to bring it to another level. Physically and mentally we will be better but of course there is no guarantee that our football clicks into place. Kerry will be going out to set the tempo so Mayo need to grab the game by the scruff of the neck - something that we failed to do in Cork first half. Also drive on to the end if we are on top - something that we haven't done all year.

But it's impossible to get a handle on the respective form of either team. Both teams played Galway and Cork. Galway were more watery v Kerry than us. Galway did have a huge amount of possession though v Kerry.
Cork were a different animal v Mayo than the naive set-up and no- show in Munster final. So very difficult to predict on what we ve seen so far. The teams are in different places. Could it be that Kerry have peaked for Cork and deep down they may be reasonably sated with the progress made?

God only knows how this one will go. Thank God football not very predictable.

Stephen Hawking - ' cannot predict future events exactly if one cannot even measure the present state of the universe'
Imo there are two many unknowns about both teams to be confident of predicting an outcome.

You wha? Of all the arguments for Mayo winning (and there are many to be fair) this is definitely the most ridiculous I've heard!

We are about winning Sam in September lad, nothing less is satisfactory...I would have thought someone from a real football county wouldn't have to be reminded of that..
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

mayoman dan

Will Donaghy feature? I would hate to see him in at ff

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: mayoman dan on August 20, 2014, 11:49:48 PM
Will Donaghy feature? I would hate to see him in at ff

Donaghy is pretty much finished at this level. Got a few mins against Clare and was appalling.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...