Muineachán v Baile Átha Cliath - AIQF

Started by Maguire01, August 03, 2014, 12:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Rossfan on August 09, 2014, 11:21:08 PM
They may as well present Dublin with Sam now and stop boring everyone and wasting their money by playing the remaining 3 games in the Championship.
I really fear for the future of football at National competition level with the big colossus created by the GAA.

Football is fucked. If its not the Dublin juggernaut that destroys it, it'll be Jim McGuinness!

Syferus

Quote from: J70 on August 10, 2014, 04:29:48 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 09, 2014, 11:21:08 PM
They may as well present Dublin with Sam now and stop boring everyone and wasting their money by playing the remaining 3 games in the Championship.
I really fear for the future of football at National competition level with the big colossus created by the GAA.

Football is fucked. If its not the Dublin juggernaut that destroys it, it'll be Jim McGuinness!

But what happens if Mayo wins? They'd write plays about that one.

Dont Matter

'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Lot of scaremongering as usual here.

Funny the most ironic comment in the media was from Fergus Connolly a Monaghan man and elite athlete expert who has worked with Dublin

"I rang the Monaghan county board to see if they would let me help out with their coaching and structures and they never returned my call". He then went to work with other counties and is now the elite coaching director at the San Francisco 49ers.

I had to laugh at that- other counties have had opportunities to work with these people and ignored them.

On the game itself. I said pre the game Monaghan wouldn't have the legs after extra time last week and it proved to be true. what people don't realise is how much extra time drains a team and burns off any energy reserve you might have after a game.

I think Malachy o Rourke has done an immense job with an average enough bunch but the facts are Monaghan have been poor all season. Likes of Daren Hughes is only playing at 20 percent if what he's capable of. Yesterday's result was an easy one to predict. A tired out of form team versus a fresh inform team.

There was only ever going to be one result

larryin89

Quote from: INDIANA on August 10, 2014, 11:31:02 AM

Funny the most ironic comment in the media was from Fergus Connolly a Monaghan man and elite athlete expert who has worked with Dublin

"I rang the Monaghan county board to see if they would let me help out with their coaching and structures and they never returned my call". He then went to work with other counties and is now the elite coaching director at the San Francisco 49ers.

I had to laugh at that- other counties have had opportunities to work with these people and ignored them.

On the game itself. I said pre the game Monaghan wouldn't have the legs after extra time last week and it proved to be true. what people don't realise is how much extra time drains a team and burns off any energy reserve you might have after a game.

I think Malachy o Rourke has done an immense job with an average enough bunch but the facts are Monaghan have been poor all season. Likes of Daren Hughes is only playing at 20 percent if what he's capable of. Yesterday's result was an easy one to predict. A tired out of form team versus a fresh inform team.

You had to laugh !!!  a county with a 60k population and you had to laugh because they wouldnt have the dollars to pay such a coach.

Some irony in when i think of a Monaghan man managing a dublin club getting paid too.

Its off the fooking richter scale the difference in resources Dublin have over the rest, you keep telling yourself there is no truth in what the average joe is saying and laugh it off as high stool nonsense but we all know its true .

Im absolutely sick of it and is it the realisation that Dublin cant be beat , too right it is . Of course this is now where one starts to question , why are they so far ahead , why in gawds name do they get to play at croke park all the time every time.

On one hand the Dub will say population is not an advantage because it fizzles down to the same as the country because of options of other sports, diversity etc etc then out of the other side of their mouth they will tell you they need  20 fold the amount of paid coaches because of the difference in population.

Look Dublin inter county scene is professional , sin e.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche"

Zulu

Where in the article does it say Monaghan would have had to pay for Fergus's help? I've met him a few times and would be certain he would have helped out his county for a very affordable fee, especially as he sought them out. If I was a county chairman and saw a missed call from Fergus Connolly the least I would have done is call the man back.

I'm utterly sick of the bellyaching from lad around here when it comes to the Dubs. They are wonderful team, playing football as it should be played and they are a county aiming to maximise their resources which is exactly what they should be doing. I shudder to think what football would be like if if we didn't have them as most everybody else seems to want to get everybody into their own half and play damage limitation (Mayo being a notable exception). Hopefully Dublin take Donegal apart in the semi final. Any team that uses one of the best forwards of his generation as a half back deserves to be beaten by a team that plays football like it should be played.

On a side note, Duffy was a shambles yesterday when the game was in the pot, does the man think football is non-contact?

INDIANA

Quote from: larryin89 on August 10, 2014, 12:25:03 PM

You had to laugh !!!  a county with a 60k population and you had to laugh because they wouldnt have the dollars to pay such a coach.

Some irony in when i think of a Monaghan man managing a dublin club getting paid too.

Its off the fooking richter scale the difference in resources Dublin have over the rest, you keep telling yourself there is no truth in what the average joe is saying and laugh it off as high stool nonsense but we all know its true .

Im absolutely sick of it and is it the realisation that Dublin cant be beat , too right it is . Of course this is now where one starts to question , why are they so far ahead , why in gawds name do they get to play at croke park all the time every time.

On one hand the Dub will say population is not an advantage because it fizzles down to the same as the country because of options of other sports, diversity etc etc then out of the other side of their mouth they will tell you they need  20 fold the amount of paid coaches because of the difference in population.

Look Dublin inter county scene is professional , sin e.

We are so far ahead Larry because when people like you were calling us bottlers for 10 years we were re-arming.

Now the shoe's on the other foot and you don't like it. Fergus Connolly also said in his interview its about time other counties started looking from within and stop looking at the big bad wolf.

And he's right too. Dublin can be beaten and may well be before the season is out.

Dublin haven't played  a Div 1 team yet. Those of us (like myself) who are emotionally dethatched from proceedings tend to analyse things rationally rather then looking at the worst hyperbole from media outlets and the trollers on here.

Dublin could get to an AI Final without playing a Div 1 side. That says everything about the structures of the competition.

larryin89

Its just pointless arguing over and over on an internet forum, you are just never going to admit to an ounce of unfairness .its very common in Irish society to get away with a lie whilst both parties know fine well its a lie from political rouges to our  practices in the GAA from paying coaches to what we are talking about.

Sometimes i feel i should just join the liars and life would of been a lot simpler .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Zulu

Mayo have enjoyed over 100 years of unfairness too, you compete in a province where you have significant population advantages over most of your competitors but I can't ever recall you or any Mayo man raise the unfairness of Mayo competing against Leitrim or getting to All Ireland semi finals out of a 5 team group while Ulster and Leinster teams had to get to the same position from bigger groups.

INDIANA

Quote from: larryin89 on August 10, 2014, 01:04:08 PM
Its just pointless arguing over and over on an internet forum, you are just never going to admit to an ounce of unfairness .its very common in Irish society to get away with a lie whilst both parties know fine well its a lie from political rouges to our  practices in the GAA from paying coaches to what we are talking about.

Sometimes i feel i should just join the liars and life would of been a lot simpler .

Dont' blame Dublin for all those AI Finals Mayo have blown over the years.

It's also a symptom of Irish society to blame everyone else  for other's shortcomings.

INDIANA

Funny that I played golf with a Prominent Mayo man yesterday morning and he told me underage football in Mayo is booming. And judging by your recent minor teams he can't be too far wrong.

Dont Matter

Oh no, it's that time again. The Dubs and their hangers on are talking nonsense so I have to take out me table.

'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on August 10, 2014, 01:27:59 PM
Oh no, it's that time again. The Dubs and their hangers on are talking nonsense so I have to take out me table.

But sure that was proven wrong a few weeks back when it was proven the 2011 AI had nothing to do with it.

Jinxy

Quote from: INDIANA on August 10, 2014, 01:27:40 PM

Funny that I played golf with a Prominent Mayo man yesterday morning and he told me underage football in Mayo is booming. And judging by your recent minor teams he can't be too far wrong.

Was it Enda?
I can't think of anyone else.
If you were any use you'd be playing.