Photos deleted from phone/Dropbox

Started by southdown, July 31, 2014, 02:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

I have deleted a load of photographs from a mobile phone from various events, the mobile is somewhere in the house but I can find it.

The problem is I think I may have deleted them off the phone.  I have heard of software to recover these but I'm not sure how good they are.

Also, some of these have been deleted of Dropbox.  I know you can recover deleted files on DB for up to 30 days with ease, but some of these were deleted over a year ago.

Any help appreciated.  Cheers

haranguerer

I'm sure there are better technical answers out there which will probably recover everything perfectly, but I know on my iphone, all photos are automatically synced with fb.

So if I go to my photos on fb, and go to 'Synced', it will have every photo I've ever taken on the phone, unless I individually deleted them off that 'Synced' section on fb. This is nothing to do with having put them on fb, it seems they just automatically are stored for ease of upload if you ever do want to put them up.

Itchy

First thing is to stop using the phone. The more you use it the more stuff will be gone permanently. Were you saving photos onto a memory card or the phone itself? If its a card do s Google search and you'll find lots of software to recover. If its a phone you may need to send away to experts, 50 euro or so is what it will cost.

Eamonnca1

Did they ever get uploaded onto your computer? If so then there's a good chance that they're still there and recoverable even if you deleted them.