ffs,this takes the biscuit

Started by T Fearon, July 28, 2014, 09:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

News coming through that a pensioner drowned tonight while attempting to swim across a lake in Bessbrook to remove two tricolours.This place is mental

give her dixie

Its with great sadness that I must inform you all of the tragic death of FAIR member Ossy Bradley who just a few hours ago was drowned whilst performing a selfless act of citizenship in Bessbrook. Ossy who worked tirelessly for victims in the area attempted to remove two Irish Tricolours from an Island in the towns pond and replace them with Union Jacks. The two Irish Tricolours had been reported and indeed they should have been removed but were not. Regrettably Ossy was then forced into taking matters into his own hands and tragically died as a consequence. A great friend of Mrs Lemon (Kingsmills massacre) Ossy was all to aware of how much hurt these foreign flags were causing and the IRAs message that they were delivering to the local unionist community. I at this time call for funding to be given to the IRA victims of that area who have no support group, no one who could have taken up such matters and seen them resolved. Tragically we now see the death of a man due to republican intimidation and the governments attempted "silencing" of IRA victims. As we have always said the victims will not be going away and we will not tolerate republican intimidation. FOOTNOTE, this evening the council sent men over in canoes and removed the tricolors. Safe in the arms of Jesus.

Willy F
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

seafoid

Quote from: give her dixie on July 28, 2014, 09:55:40 PM
Its with great sadness that I must inform you all of the tragic death of FAIR member Ossy Bradley who just a few hours ago was drowned whilst performing a selfless act of citizenship in Bessbrook. Ossy who worked tirelessly for victims in the area attempted to remove two Irish Tricolours from an Island in the towns pond and replace them with Union Jacks. The two Irish Tricolours had been reported and indeed they should have been removed but were not. Regrettably Ossy was then forced into taking matters into his own hands and tragically died as a consequence. A great friend of Mrs Lemon (Kingsmills massacre) Ossy was all to aware of how much hurt these foreign flags were causing and the IRAs message that they were delivering to the local unionist community. I at this time call for funding to be given to the IRA victims of that area who have no support group, no one who could have taken up such matters and seen them resolved. Tragically we now see the death of a man due to republican intimidation and the governments attempted "silencing" of IRA victims. As we have always said the victims will not be going away and we will not tolerate republican intimidation. FOOTNOTE, this evening the council sent men over in canoes and removed the tricolors. Safe in the arms of Jesus.

Willy F

Are the tricolours now in the arms of Jesus ?

T Fearon

No fenian, whether human or inanimate ( as these flags) can ever hope to rest in the arms of Jesus

Go home ref

Pathetic drowned by his own hatred

Agent Orange

Quote from: give her dixie on July 28, 2014, 09:55:40 PM
Ossy was all to aware of how much hurt these foreign flags were causing

Orior

The BBC is reporting that Ossy was attempting to replace the tricolours with union jacks.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

EC Unique

Absolutely no sympathy what so ever. If he had of been at home cutting the grass he would be fine. Instead he was trying to act the hero. Even if he were just removing the flags then fair enough but no, he had to try to replace them with his beloved flag.

Natural selection I think it is called.

J OGorman

hard to know what to say about this story....lunacy

Wildweasel74

republican intimidation.  ole Willie doesn't mention about Unionist intimidation with all the union jack up, many in neutral areas, doesn't know what intimidation is!! Sorry to hear a man drowned but what is a old aged pensionher thinking rowing across here to take off flags, that in itself is the height of madness.

I cant understand why the unionist community is fascinated with flags, there are Irish tricolours and palestine flags up in my own town and noticed there going to the train in portadown also this morning, to be honest i perfer flags in general aren't flow, theres no respect in flying  a flag of a lamppost and it makes a place look run down and pretty shitty to be honest

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J OGorman on July 28, 2014, 10:38:12 PM
hard to know what to say about this story....lunacy

Exactly, I'm lost for words........
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

orangeman

Very sad and tragic story. But were there no boats near hand, it being a lake ?.

imtommygunn

Words really fail you with this.

Tragedy and such a waste.

Agent Orange

Quote from: orangeman on July 28, 2014, 11:04:15 PM
Very sad and tragic story. But were there no boats near hand, it being a lake ?.

It's not a lake, it is a man made pond, built to supply water to Bessbrook mill during the mid ninteenth century. It is not that big, about 250 metres by 100 metres, but many people have drowned there over the years.

BennyCake

He was 68. I could see through it if he was 18. He should've known better. I find it hard to have any sympathy here whatsoever.