Maigh Eo v Corcaigh, 1600, 3ú Lúnasa, Páirc an Crocaigh

Started by macdanger2, July 27, 2014, 12:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

To play Dillon and Moran from the start is crazy stuff. It actually angers me and dont go by this internet shite either because it has a lot of Mayo supporters pizsed off.

Everytime Cillian collected the ball in the first half that there was yards for a c/f to run into off his shoulder ,both dillon and moran were stood like old men that couldnt move. (v galway) Could of scored a couple of goals more at least with any buck that had a bit of pace.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

AMayoFan

Quote from: larryin89 on August 01, 2014, 01:51:13 PM
To play Dillon and Moran from the start is crazy stuff. It actually angers me and dont go by this internet shite either because it has a lot of Mayo supporters pizsed off.

Everytime Cillian collected the ball in the first half that there was yards for a c/f to run into off his shoulder ,both dillon and moran were stood like old men that couldnt move. (v galway) Could of scored a couple of goals more at least with any buck that had a bit of pace.

I wouldn't fully agree with you there. Yep both are not back to there very best, and you're 100% right they didn't make the support runs needed, but I do see improvement in them with each match.  Moran needs to stop slowing the game down .. trying to thread the perfect pass and take on and beat his man.  I feel he is afraid to turn at pace in case he does his cruciate in again. This improvement is needed whether his starts or comes on as a impact sub.  Dillion much the same. I don't think he is suited playing in the full forward line .. he also needs to improve his shooting a little which I reckon he will in Croker.

The problem as I see it, is that we're very one  up front (aside from our super star O'Connor).  Moran / Dillion give a slightly different attacking approach than Freeman.  I feel that when things don't work out fully with Freeman, our back up plan in the past has not worked out for us.  I have lost all faith with Conroy and Mikey Sweeny is unproven at this stage.  I think starting Moran / Dillion is possible more of a development chance for the guys to get back close to there best.

Crete Boom

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 01, 2014, 01:29:21 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 01, 2014, 01:09:59 PM
James must be saving Gavin Duffy for the final.

Gavin looks to be a Backroom addition at this stage. Has played for Salthill/knocknacarra second team in the Galway Intermediate Championship this year as far as I know. So there looks to be more of a chance he'd line out for the Mayo Junior team than the Seniors? No harm done!

He started and played the full game for Salthill v Kinconly in the Galway Senior Football Championship. He was supposed to play for the intermediate team the Sat morning before the Mayo Ros game but he didn't line out and I don't think he has played for the intermediate team since?

The Mayo junior team!! I thought that is only for south Mayo folk and Ardnaree men? ;D ;D

slatterl

Cork could quite possibly beat Mayo but on the other hand they will be found out against Dublin or Kerry. Cuthbert has lost the dressing room so the best result for him is to loose in a competitive match to Mayo by a few points and this may save him for another day.

highorlow

QuoteCork could quite possibly beat Mayo but on the other hand they will be found out against Dublin or Kerry.

....and your reason(s) is?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Rossfan

Quote from: slatterl on August 01, 2014, 03:08:47 PM
Cork could quite possibly beat Mayo but on the other hand they will be found out against Dublin or Kerry. Cuthbert has lost the dressing room so the best result for him is to loose in a competitive match to Mayo by a few points and this may save him for another day.
If he's "lost the dressing room" would it not be better for all concerned if he moved on ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rosnarun

if both mayo and cork picked their best team and played to full potential . i tink my money would be on Cork , but Cork rarely do either
so Mayo by 5 points
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Zulu

That's not the way it works in Cork. Dropping a guy off the panel who was brought on against Sligo doesn't look good and you'd have to feel there isn't a happy camp down leeside.

The closer the game gets the harder it is to make a case for Cork, too many lads would have to produce a performance far better than they've done for 3 months or more. Considering they'll have to produce that performance against one of the genuine powerhouse teams in the country makes it all the more unlikely. A Cork team won't lack confidence and they're a county capable of producing out of the blue (a trait more associated with their hurlers granted) but it's hard to see it and even if they do it probably won't be enough.

I hope it's a great game and Mayo don't hammer them but do progress.

Jinxy

Quote from: Zulu on August 01, 2014, 03:54:29 PM
That's not the way it works in Cork. Dropping a guy off the panel who was brought on against Sligo doesn't look good and you'd have to feel there isn't a happy camp down leeside.

The closer the game gets the harder it is to make a case for Cork, too many lads would have to produce a performance far better than they've done for 3 months or more. Considering they'll have to produce that performance against one of the genuine powerhouse teams in the country makes it all the more unlikely. A Cork team won't lack confidence and they're a county capable of producing out of the blue (a trait more associated with their hurlers granted) but it's hard to see it and even if they do it probably won't be enough.

I hope it's a great game and Mayo don't hammer them but do progress.

The words 'happy camp' and 'down leeside' are mutually exclusive.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on August 01, 2014, 01:51:13 PM

The alternatives are not great truth be told and if Dillon and Andy were to figure at all they needed as much game time as possible. They haven t been great but they wouldn t have improved sitting on the bench.

The team has been named and it may be the team that starts. On the other hand there may be a change on the day to the starting 15. There has been some speculation that would shake things up considerably but no point tipping off the Langers in advance :)

Blowitupref

Quote from: highorlow on August 01, 2014, 03:19:38 PM
QuoteCork could quite possibly beat Mayo but on the other hand they will be found out against Dublin or Kerry.

....and your reason(s) is?
Cork have the forwards to exploit any defence and I don't think Mayo are as solid in defence now as the last few years. I think Mayo will win by around 3 points and a type of game that will leave more questions than answers as you progress to the semi final.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Don Corleone

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on August 01, 2014, 05:36:57 AM

Cormac Reilly is reffing the Mayo Cork game
Meath Armagh reffed by Rory Hickey
David Coldrick is taking Monaghan Kildare and
Kerry Galway reffed by Eddie Kinsella

http://www.gaa.ie/fixtures-and-results/national-fixtures/gaa-football-all-ireland-senior-championship/

Many thanks for that NBTD.
Why did you go to the police? Why didn't you come to me first?

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 02, 2014, 07:34:09 PM
Best of luck to Mayo tomorrow! 8)
+ 1
Hope to have Katie O Connors Dubrovnik rocking tomorrow!  8)