Maigh Eo v Corcaigh, 1600, 3ú Lúnasa, Páirc an Crocaigh

Started by macdanger2, July 27, 2014, 12:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cicfada

Mayo should win this by 4 or 5 imo. Kerry will beat our lads by 7 or 8 and it then sets up  the ultimate test of mental strength for mayo. It's the one team that mayo have historically had problems with and if mayo come  through this they will win the AI final. I believe Donegal will beat the dubs in the other semifinal . Kerry will be without cooper so it's a good opportunity for mayo this year to beat them. Cork have forwards but no midfield and this is where mayo will beat them .

Syferus

Quote from: cicfada on July 28, 2014, 12:26:38 PM
Mayo should win this by 4 or 5 imo. Kerry will beat our lads by 7 or 8 and it then sets up  the ultimate test of mental strength for mayo. It's the one team that mayo have historically had problems with and if mayo come  through this they will win the AI final. I believe Donegal will beat the dubs in the other semifinal . Kerry will be without cooper so it's a good opportunity for mayo this year to beat them. Cork have forwards but no midfield and this is where mayo will beat them .

Beating Kerry would have no impact at all on Mayo being able to beat Dublin. That's about more than just mental strength.

westbound

I don't think Mayo have a mental problem with Kerry at all. It's ONLY Kerry in AI FINALS that's the problem. In 1996 Mayo had no trouble beating Kerry in the AI semi for example. They'be beaten them in the league as well over the years so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Mayo beat Kerry in a semi final. I'd still expect them to lose the final.

Jinxy

That's pretty much it.
Mayo's 'issues' are with the All-Ireland final itself.
Against ANYONE.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ancailinrua

Cannot see our lads slipping up on Sunday. They've put too much work in to haul themselves back up this level yet again, and despite what some are suggesting, I can't see complacency being an issue either - they are too wise for that at this point.
I've no doubt Cork will put it up to us - remember how they came out all guns blazing against Dublin in the league final in the first half? - but ultimately I think we are better, and will have the greater desire to win on the day. What happens after that is anyone's guess.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ancailinrua on July 28, 2014, 01:38:14 PM
What happens after that is anyone's guess.
to reach and lose another All Ireland final?

macdanger2

Quote from: Canalman on July 28, 2014, 10:20:24 AM
This will be very close imo. Cork's 1st half performance in League semi final cannot be overlooked . Their 2nd half has been well documented.
Might pop into this game in CP. Two cracking games on the cards I think.

That's one nagging doubt I'd have about Sunday, Cork for those 35 minutes and Mayo for about 45 minutes in 2012 are the two sides who have destroyed the current Dublin side for a time.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Jinxy on July 28, 2014, 12:53:06 PM
That's pretty much it.
Against ANYONE.

Pretty much summed it up perfectly Jinxy at this stage New York or London would have to fancy their chances if the managed to get to an All Ireland final against us!!!!

macdanger2

Quote from: Crete Boom on July 28, 2014, 02:28:56 PM
That's pretty much it.
Against ANYONE.

Pretty much summed it up perfectly Jinxy at this stage New York or London would have to fancy their chances if the managed to get to an All Ireland final against us!!!!

Bollix, I'd fancy us against NY or Carlow

Syferus

That's pretty much it.
Against ANYONE.

Meath are the team with one win in three All-Ireland finals against Mayo..

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Any Irish pubs in Lake Garda area that might show the game?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 28, 2014, 06:26:24 PM
Lake Garda has loads of people walking around asking "have you drink taken"

Farrandeelin

Quote from: seafoid on July 28, 2014, 06:28:37 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 28, 2014, 06:26:24 PM
Lake Garda has loads of people walking around asking "have you drink taken"
:D well if they detain a fella in a Mayo jersey, then it might be me!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.