Mc Cartan gone

Started by T Fearon, July 26, 2014, 08:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

According to BBC website

Zulu

Yeah, he's resigned alright.

stew

Right thing to do given the results I suppose, it never sat well with me the burren caravan debacle, never mind the whole wanting to play for the orchard!   ::)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Mourne Rover

He deserves to be judged on his record with Down, which was excellent by any standards and a huge improvement on our form of the previous decade. Tony refers to the report on the BBC website, but does not mention that it amazingly gives the final score in the 2010 AI final as 2-17 to 1-12 when it was actually 0-16 to 0-15.

5 Sams

Quote from: stew on July 26, 2014, 09:28:44 PM
Right thing to do given the results I suppose, it never sat well with me the burren caravan debacle, never mind the whole wanting to play for the orchard!   ::)

Meanwhile...Elvis is dead. :-[
The Aristocrat Years

armaghniac

Elvis is as much alive as Down's football prospects.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Obvious

Moyna to be the next Down manager?

LCohen

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 27, 2014, 01:27:32 AM
Moyna to be the next Down manager?

Makes some sense. Down not flush and already paying Niall a packet.

McCorry might be worth talking to but reputation for being expensive.

The Tony McEntee rumour went down very well in Down. Fans it seems would welcome him. Certainly would apply direct pressure on the Armagh management as the comparison would be easy. The rumour did not go down as well in Armagh

Corner Forward

Quote from: armaghniac on July 27, 2014, 01:00:31 AM
Elvis is as much alive as Down's football prospects.

A bit of early morning fishing??

ck

So who are the front runners for the job? Anyone obvious?
James McCartan seems very popular considering he won nothing and his results were mixed to say the least. Down have been on the slide for a long time

Mourne Rover

CK, it would be much more accurate to say that Down were on the slide until James came in. He took us to within a point of winning the All Ireland and made us regulars at Croke Park for the first time in almost two decades. He also got us promoted to division one and kept us there for three seasons against the odds.  In the USC last year, he led us to a brilliant win away to Derry and then very nearly edged out a Donegal side who were defending All Ireland champions.  He has decided to walk away after an ordinary 2014, but by any standards he improved our team beyond recognition and will always have the gratitude of Down fans.

Orior

Quote from: stew on July 26, 2014, 09:28:44 PM

He did? When?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

DownFanatic

Quote from: ck on July 27, 2014, 09:09:52 PM
So who are the front runners for the job? Anyone obvious?
James McCartan seems very popular considering he won nothing and his results were mixed to say the least. Down have been on the slide for a long time

McCorry and Dawson will be touted along with Tony McEntee but they will all cost and it is widely known that Down aren't in great nick financially.

Former minor manager Mark Turley would be an interesting choice with Mickey Linden possibly in the equation too.

armaghniac

I think a checkpoint should be set up at the Egyptian arch to keep Tony McEntee well away from Down.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

Quote from: armaghniac on July 27, 2014, 11:41:25 PM
I think a checkpoint should be set up at the Egyptian arch to keep Tony McEntee well away from Down.

Can we have him if Evans steps down? Is he potty trained better than yer hurlers?