Mc Cartan gone

Started by T Fearon, July 26, 2014, 08:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinker

Quote from: Syferus on July 28, 2014, 12:24:17 AM

Is he potty trained better than yer hurlers?

Ha Ha Ha
Roscommon learned their lesson and didn't try that pathetic stunt again last week.
We were in stitches when Roscommon demanded that CAC look into the incident.

QuoteRoscommon will lodge a complaint to the CAC after the contents of a visiting team bus toilet were emptied outside their grounds following a weekend Senior Inter County match.

After the game, members of the Ulster side expressed fury at the standard of the dressing rooms, claiming the showers were cold and that there was no electricity.

rrhf

I just hope that the new bus dosent try to reap its revenge, bringing lots of Roscommopn crap around the country. 

armaghniac

Such a fancy bus as the Roscommon dream machine probably has an ecological waste to energy processor on board. No doubt it will have plenty of raw material.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Aristo 60

Not axed, just burnt and poisoned out and then made radioactive before we packed his suitcase til Armagh.

yellowcard

Would McCorry not be the obvious choice for Down now? The best club manager in Down over the last decade, he has all the credentials.  Moyna is not an inter county manager and Tony McEntee will not be interested in the job. There aren't that many other obvious candidates sticking out.

bcarrier

James did exceptionally well with the players he had.

It is a great shame that he was never able to field the team that beat Kerry in 2010 again.

brokencrossbar1

McCorry might be the boy for the job,  has he any more work needs finishing off on his house?

armaghniac

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 28, 2014, 05:10:40 PM
McCorry might be the boy for the job,  has he any more work needs finishing off on his house?

McCorry's credentials are there in black and white.

yellowcard

Paddy O'Rourke and Aidan O'Rourke could be 2 more possible candidates.

whitegoodman

Quote from: yellowcard on July 28, 2014, 06:32:54 PM
Paddy O'Rourke and Aidan O'Rourke could be 2 more possible candidates.

No chance of either, I'd take Malachy though !!

PAULD123

One thing I find interesting is that there is a serious shortage of suggestions for the role of intercounty manager. It shows how high expectations are these days in that we find it hard to think of more than two or three who we think may have  a chance of living up to those expectations

Down Follower

Quote from: PAULD123 on July 28, 2014, 09:50:04 PM
One thing I find interesting is that there is a serious shortage of suggestions for the role of intercounty manager. It shows how high expectations are these days in that we find it hard to think of more than two or three who we think may have  a chance of living up to those expectations

Really the pool of options should include all current senior club managers in the County as well as recent intercounty underage managers and a handful of outside men. Some recently retired intercounty players may also be considered.

If that was the pool then we are looking at more than 40 candidates.

From the top down, Jim McCorry, Frank Dawson, Shorty Treanor, Paddy Carr, DJ Kane, Michael Walsh etc etc from clubs right down to Div 3  - Pete McGrath, Shane Mulholland etc from County - and whoever you want from outsiders.

If I was involved, that would be my starting point and you would produce your wish list from that. You would have a right old list there!

rodney trotter

He did a good job considering the amount of players Down lost sincre 2010 to emigration,  players to Afl, and injuries.
You seem to have an agenda with every manager Ck.

ck

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 30, 2014, 09:13:10 AM
He did a good job considering the amount of players Down lost sincre 2010 to emigration,  players to Afl, and injuries.
You seem to have an agenda with every manager Ck.

lol no not at all. I think youre right, he did a decent job. I was questioning the rationale that Down gave him time.. lets say Down went out in the 1st round in 2010 would he have lasted so long? In other words everything since 2010 wasn't really good enough for Down. Or was it Down people? I would guess not. 
Down lost 2 players to AFL. A very good panel remained and were capable of winning something. But they won nothing. Fact.
That's my assessment of it, Down people are of course much more qualified than me to give their views.

armaghniac

Under Wee James Down came to the Athletic Grounds and won, albeit by a fluke. Future generations of Down fans will look back on this as a mythical event of prowess.